Forum Member
✭✭✭
Where can I watch this?

Comments

• Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have a local cinema that shows arthouse films then its out on Blu Ray/DVD 17th March.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    If you don't have a local cinema that shows arthouse films then its out on Blu Ray/DVD 17th March.

Ah, thanks.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just rented this yesterday and wish I had bought it instead! Brilliant movie, really enjoyed it and slow paced Indie films at 3 hours long aren't really my thing which says something. I really cared for the character Adele even when she said or did dumb things for dumb reasons - in fact, I kind of just thought Emma was being a bitch and looking for any excuse to go off with that pregnant girl. And whenever Adele felt uncomfortable or sad, I felt uncomfortable and sad with her. It actually hurt me to see her heartbroken and I very rarely feel that emotional connection with a character. There's some very difficult viewing with this film and the tight close ups add to this effectively.

In fact, its only flaw is what many raved about upon its release and that's the sex scenes - well, just the very first lesbian sex scene. Two words this director must learn: "restraint" and "subtly". It was so long I actually started to laugh hysterically by a certain point. It just became comical how the director refused to cut at all the beats where he should have. Thought it would never end. The actresses say it was simulated... I don't believe them. They said they felt exploited by the director and I can see why; it actually made me feel a little uncomfortable at what they had to do. And I've read that it's not an accurate depiction of lesbian sex anyway...

Overall, a wonderful film. Can't recommend it enough!
  • Options
    rufus oculusrufus oculus Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    You can stream it on both Netflix and Amazon Prime. If you are so inclined you can join Netflix for their 30 day trial period and watch it gratis. I rented a blu ray of it from Lovefilm and agree with the previous poster that it is a masterpiece. The performance of "Adele" is extraordinary. The least interesting things about it are the sex scenes which I know some lesbians scoff at. A lot of feminist critics disliked the film.