What I carry !

molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just emptied my hand bag out - in it were several poo bags (unfilled luckily), extra lead (just in case) muzzle (again just in case and two fish for dogs treats and a two bulls pizzles !

Think I may have to get the dogs their own bags to make room in mine for normal things like phones and purses etc :D

Comments

• merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, I bought a small handbag with a long strap so it goes on across my body. it's great, lots of little pockets for treats, bags, whistle, lead, handwash and I even manage to fit a ball in. It only cost me 50p in one of the local charity shops.:D

But I still find that when I'm out with friends, the odd bag/treat comes out of my everyday handbag or various coat pockets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Just emptied my hand bag out - in it were several poo bags (unfilled luckily), extra lead (just in case) muzzle (again just in case and two fish for dogs treats and a two bulls pizzles !

Think I may have to get the dogs their own bags to make room in mine for normal things like phones and purses etc :D

That is a good idea and will give the dogs a better walk plus most dogs would benifit from having something else to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like bags so I usually take a jacket so I can use the pockets for balls, leads, poo bags, lip salve, paper tissues, phone etc, even if it means tying it round my waist if it gets too hot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use a bumbag for dog walks for poo bags, treats, phone, tissues, car keys, £5 for emergencies, tennis ball, lip salve, ciggies & lighter, torch now it's getting dark........ the kitchen sink! No wonder my latest bum bag is the size of a small rucksack:eek:.
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A while ago I went out for a meal at a really nice (posh) restaurant, and as the waiter took my coat off me, about 20 poo bags fell out of my pocket on to the floor :o

I've bought myself a bumbag now ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    A while ago I went out for a meal at a really nice (posh) restaurant, and as the waiter took my coat off me, about 20 poo bags fell out of my pocket on to the floor :o

I've bought myself a bumbag now ;)

The state of my dog walking jacket there's no way I could wear it into even a grotty restaurant :D:D:o
    Mind you the odd poo bag in a pocket comes in handy as a doggy bag for any tasty morsels left over at the end of the meal ;)
  • merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tass wrote: »
    The state of my dog walking jacket there's no way I could wear it into even a grotty restaurant :D:D:o
    Mind you the odd poo bag in a pocket comes in handy as a doggy bag for any tasty morsels left over at the end of the meal ;)

Lol, I did that a couple of weeks ago, 4 of us went to a carvery and I took all the turkey and beef left over home for our 2 dogs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only problem with using a bum bag is that I only ever use it when walking the dogs & sometimes I forget to take out any leftover treats. This isn't normally a problem if I've just taken a few biscuits but I sometimes I treat them to frankfurters. A few weeks ago I noticed a horrible smell coming from the cupboard under the stairs. I couldn't find out what was causing & we started to think that one of the cats had left a dead mouse or something at the back of the cupboard. When I eventually got round to clearing the cupboard out completely to see what was causing the smell, I found an old bumbag with some weeks old frankfurters in:eek:. I didn't know that they went so green & slimy & had such a bad smell ~ god knows how long they'd been there. Lesson learned though ~ always decant spare treats to the fridge for the next day!
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tass wrote: »

They are also handy for when you come accross some unexpected blackberry bushes whilst out walking :o (they were clean and I did wash them before eating them, honest ;) )

My proper dog walking coat is unfit to go "out" in too, but sometimes when I'm ready to go "out", I take Danny for a little walk before dropping him at mums, which is why I had poo bags in my "going out" coat :o

Now I can just clip the bumbag on if I'm casual or formal :cool: