The Big Bang Theory Season 6 (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

Comments

• ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,220
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I agree that episode 3 felt very strange, almost like it ended without an ending. .

"Episode 3" ? :eek:
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does Howard look loads more handsome this season?

Finally, someone agrees with me! :D
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    What has happened to this once great show. The cracks started to appear mid way through season 5 and from what I've just watched in the first 2 eps of season 6 things are going downhill fast. It now resembles some crappy Friends hybrid:mad:
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,950
    Forum Member
    The Big Bang Theory has always been about Penny interacting with the four guys, they have developed because of her, which has enabled them to move on with their lives. This has been a gradual change through the series.

I don't get the Amy hate, she's quickly become a really good character and I like her relationship with Sheldon. He needed someone who was his equal, someone who won against him on occasion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better episode this week, loved pennys impression of lenerds puppy dog face.
  • FrankJaegerFrankJaeger Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    They've completely ruined the Howard character. They've taken away the entire essence of what the character was.
    Forum Member
    They've completely ruined the Howard character. They've taken away the entire essence of what the character was.

I have a feeling he'll revert to type at some point, most men do.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know. I didn't hate the first 2 season 6 shows, but it's nowhere near as good as it was in seasons 1 & 2. I doubt they'll ever do shows as good as the **** of Omaha episode, or the first Wil Wheaton one, ever again, which is sad. I'm sure the network is happy as it is clearly more commercial now.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is slowly becoming another version of "Friends"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member

I agree, he used to be my favourite character when he was a sex pest. the only way i could see them bringing that character trait back would be if he and bernadette divorce and shes written out of the show
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, he used to be my favourite character when he was a sex pest. the only way i could see them bringing that character trait back would be if he and bernadette divorce and shes written out of the show

Sadly Amy and Bernadette have spoilt the show. They are OK as individual characters doing the occasional appearance but as main cast they have tamed Sheldon and Howard which has harmed their characters.

I also wish they would let Penny and Lennard just be friends. He is pathetic at the moment.
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know yet when Channel 4 are going to air season 6 in the Uk?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    The Big Bang Theory has always been about Penny interacting with the four guys, they have developed because of her, which has enabled them to move on with their lives. This has been a gradual change through the series.

I don't get the Amy hate, she's quickly become a really good character and I like her relationship with Sheldon. He needed someone who was his equal, someone who won against him on occasion.

Have to agree with the gradual change, it had to happen, this season six, it would of gotten stale if it stayed too similar to the first season. Some may say that it has gone downhill, while I would say the show, and the characters have evolved. Same with the Amy hate, I really like her. She is like Sheldon, but has the twist with having girl qualities, like having that mini makeover (when wanting to have a phone chat with Sheldon) and having her girl time with Penny. I really enjoy most scenes that are Penny/Amy based.

At the same time I do like Bernadette, and think that she has been wasted, all this little, almost, mini video chats she has with Howard... it just isnt doing nothing for me. Thought I would like the whole thing of Howard being in space, but that whole aspect of the show just isnt 'popping' for me. The sooner he gets home the better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Kymberly wrote: »

probably not until the new year. season 5 started here in UK when it was about half way through its run in america.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get Howard back from space, pronto. This week's stuff with him was so one-note.

The lass playing Sheldon's assistant also played the hot jungle lady in the 'Fizbo' episode of 'Modern Family'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Lazy writing regarding the LHC, have all the writers forgotten that Leonard & Raj went to Cern? Also, poor understanding of what is involved in being part of NASA and the space station. TBBT was for science geeks now it's lost its uniqueness, bland bland bland.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    What has happened to this once great show. The cracks started to appear mid way through season 5 and from what I've just watched in the first 2 eps of season 6 things are going downhill fast. It now resembles some crappy Friends hybrid:mad:

I gave up on it in the middle of season 5 because it was very obviously not the show it started out as. I'm glad some people still like it but for me it is a shadow of what it once was.
    Sadly Amy and Bernadette have spoilt the show. They are OK as individual characters doing the occasional appearance but as main cast they have tamed Sheldon and Howard which has harmed their characters.

Agreed, both girls have completely ruined two of the best characters. I don't mind Bernadette (although the relationship with Howard has clearly taken away everything he offered the show) but Amy I just can't stand. Horrible character.

As has been said elsewhere, maybe the network prefers this version (the comparison to 'Friends' is a good shout) but it has lost the 'geek' appeal it once had. Very disappointing.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Not seen season 6 yet but as far as the show until end of season 5 goes, I too think its a shadow of its former self. Its still funny... and if Amy had been a character in another show she would have been great. I think she works well as Sheldon's friend, but as a girlfriend not really. Its mostly a lack of chemistry. Sheldon and Penny have plenty chemistry on the show, if you think back to earlier seasons often the best bits centered around these two characters. They seem to have less and less interaction together which is a shame. Leonard and Penny as a couple just dont generate laughs at all. And Raj is so underused its a shame.

It can still be a great show if they sort out the writing. More geeky the better.
    Forum Member
    Kymberly wrote: »

The question was asked in E4 thread and my answer then was that no date has been set yet but it usually starts in November on E4.

And since there is no hiatus in the UK it will eventually end within two weeks of the final US broadcast.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does Howard look loads more handsome this season?

Not just you, he's a handsome guy and you can notice it now that his hair is different and he's got a bit of stubble.

I don't agree, I prefer him now. I've always liked Howard but the 'creep' thing was becoming repetitive and it couldn't continue and I actually think the character development feels really genuine.

Is anyone else starting to quite dislike Penny though? She's been grating on me more and more in the last couple of seasons. She used to be a much nicer character but half the time she's not even very nice to Leonard, at all. I don't really know why he wants to be with her.

To add to the other discussion I like Amy but I do wish they hadn't officially made her Sheldon's girlfriend, I think that's been detrimental to his character and although i'm not a massive fan of Bernadette I don't think she subtracts anything from the series. She's likeable enough.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want Shelton to get f-cked
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Jumbobones wrote: »

You can interpret that two ways :D
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Jumbobones wrote: »

What and who are you on about??
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Sadly Amy and Bernadette have spoilt the show.

Like Cassandra and Raquel did with OFAH.

Well they didn't completely ruin it as there were some good episodes after they joined like the "Groovy Gang" one but it wasn't the same.
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else starting to quite dislike Penny though? She's been grating on me more and more in the last couple of seasons. She used to be a much nicer character but half the time she's not even very nice to Leonard, at all. I don't really know why he wants to be with her.
    I don't dislike her but, I agree, her character was much nicer and more fun in the early series. I don't know why they've changed her. She's almost always in a bad mood now.