Misfits Series 5 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    ""GOOD NEWS "" series 5 episode 5 is now on a week early as an 4OD EXCLUSIVE....

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/misfits/4od#3608114

This isn't available?
    Also NOT available on Sky, iPhone app nor through PS3!!!

How exactly am I able to watch Season 5 episode 5 of Misfits early.

Sorry not being arsey I just read this back. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.
  • mackembloke72mackembloke72 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    This isn't available?
    Also NOT available on Sky, iPhone app nor through PS3!!!

How exactly am I able to watch Season 5 episode 5 of Misfits early.

Sorry not being arsey I just read this back. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

works on 4od via pc sorry for not specifing
    Forum Member
    deleted
    Forum Member
    sorry i dont know whats going on but its definatley there.you can watch it via the pc on the link i posted earlier ive just tried it again.

dont know about other formats

https://www.facebook.com/e4misfits
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This series is really strong! I am genuinely looking forward to the show every week! :D:D
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe no one has commented on the recent episode about Rudy 2. One of the best by far
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Rudy 2 episode was good. Very emotional as well.

The old guy who played Rudy 2 was superb.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed the early/new episode, plenty of lol moments. I wonder whats the deal with the electric girl.... clearly something very important to do with the final story.
    I really wish we could have another few seasons of misfits with this cast, its just brilliant atm.
    The probation worker just seems to get better each week.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can now watch the eps a week early, ep 5 on 4OD :) I watched it last week, another great ep :)
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Another great episode. It reminded me a bit of the Bruce Willis film 'Surrogates', which I highly recommend if you like sci fi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    You can now watch the eps a week early, ep 5 on 4OD :) I watched it last week, another great ep :)

Thanks, just watched the next episode and its another brilliant one. I can't believe how funny they have made Alex.
    I won't put anything about the new episode in case people want to wait but its great to see a story coming together so well and its great that the outcome isn't that obvious.
    I honestly think this seasons episodes match the good old days, its amazing how they have turned it around.... sadly a bit late.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moboloco wrote: »
    Thanks, just watched the next episode and its another brilliant one. I can't believe how funny they have made Alex.
    I won't put anything about the new episode in case people want to wait but its great to see a story coming together so well and its great that the outcome isn't that obvious.
    I honestly think this seasons episodes match the good old days, its amazing how they have turned it around.... sadly a bit late.

Your welcome. Yes, ep 6 was really good, they have turned it around s4 was a letdown but at least they will go out on a high. The eps keep getting better, can't wait for ep7 looks really good.
  • yidarmy123yidarmy123 Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    dont know why they are showing next weeks episode already on 4od. it must be getting really bad ratings for them to do that
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    That Rudy 2 episode was good. Very emotional as well.

When Jess started shouting at Rudy about the way he was treating Rudy 2 was very poignant.

It was actually a great critique on the way the elderly are treated by the "youth".

And the way (I'll put this in spoilers just in case)
    the guy Rudy 2 changed places with was simply trying to experience being young and in love again
    added to the reflection on Rudy, Jess and co seemingly just wasting their youth being "Misfits".
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this series is going along nicely. Heard a bit of Simon and Alishas theme in that ep. I hope that doesn't signify something horrible happening to Jess or Rudy.:-(
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Great season, might be my favourite one now. I am really enjoying the Rudy/Jess relationship and how its been developed too.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Has Jess lost her X-Ray vision without me noticing or something? I don't understand why she needed to peer through the door's spy hole when she could have just looked through the wall :confused:
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    They're just doing that to wind us up, no other reason. Ignore it I say.:D
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »
    They're just doing that to wind us up, no other reason. Ignore it I say.:D

If they're trying to wind me up, they're succeeding :D

The same thing happened in a previous episode, if I remember rightly. Waiting outside a front door wondering what was going on inside when all she needed to do was look :rolleyes:
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their powers aren't really used much at all tho now.

Rudy's I forget that his actual power is Rudy 2 as I see him as just another character he's that good!

Jess as others said seems to have been forgotten.

Finn barely ever uses his - and when he does it's very weak, the end of the last season showed him getting control over it and he used his power to fling one of those apocalypse guys away! Seems that's been forgotten.

And Alex's power is just used for gay jokes!

That being said this is the best series since series 1 and 2 so even with the lack of the main characters' powers, it's still highly enjoyable
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of powers, say someone had Alisha's old power and wanted to get rid of it, would it interfere with Alex's power to f*** it out of them :o (Sorry for the random weird question)
  • batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I've got to say I've fell in love with Misfits after a distressing season 4.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for episode six! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we get the episode early again?
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Another savage episode. Alex came alive as a character. Jess and Rudy continue to be lovely together. I just realised the woman who knits the jumpers is Gerri from 'Another Year', stunning film. Next week looks great, love the party episodes.