Options

Hell's Kitchen 2014

Comments

• Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they did the food challenge and each team member had to pick one protein or veg or carb to make their dish, oh my god the way the ladies grabbed stuff off the platter was embarrassing. I felt a bit sorry for Sandra, she got the short end twice.

I thought it was funny that someone got parsnips and had to have them cooked in 5 mins. I know they were baby parsnips, but they are a bitch to peel and cut
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when ITV2 used to show an hour of unedited footage from the service when the restaurant was open. It really was incredibly dull !
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Is it me or does gordon seem to be eliminating men and women equally? Usually by now theyve got a lady in the mens team full time havent they?

I wish they would focus more on the challenges than the dinner services.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buh-bye Sandra. Good riddance.

Apparently Gabriel can count. Coulda fooled me......

Anton blaming Scott for everything was ludicrous. Another 5 minutes and he would`ve blamed 9/11 on him as well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The "coming next time" drama continues again!

"Next time on hells kitchen one chef serves up something absolutely disgusting! Will this be the last thing they cook on hells kitchen?" Voicing over a shot of four chefs trying a spoonful. Spitting it out and generally saying how gross it is. Then cuts to a scene of gordon confronting gabriel in the stock room.

In actual fact the gross food they ate was a demonstration of how food can look deceiving. They thought they were eating a nice carrot cake but actually it was made from veal and fat (but looked delicious).

The scene of gabriel was just a pep talk ahead of service, the voice over made it seem like gabriel had cooked something awful and was being told off! Actually the awful food was prepared by top chefs and meant to be awful
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see Anton tossed out, he was a douchebag. Not sure how much is scripted, but his confrontation with Andy seemed pretty real and he obviously has a big problem with women in authority.
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching this week's one of the diner's sent back scallops because they werent cooked properly. Surely that's Gordon Ramsey's fault that he didnt spot that?
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    The "coming next time" drama continues again!

"Next time on hells kitchen one chef serves up something absolutely disgusting! Will this be the last thing they cook on hells kitchen?" Voicing over a shot of four chefs trying a spoonful. Spitting it out and generally saying how gross it is. Then cuts to a scene of gordon confronting gabriel in the stock room.

In actual fact the gross food they ate was a demonstration of how food can look deceiving. They thought they were eating a nice carrot cake but actually it was made from veal and fat (but looked delicious).

The scene of gabriel was just a pep talk ahead of service, the voice over made it seem like gabriel had cooked something awful and was being told off! Actually the awful food was prepared by top chefs and meant to be awful

Those previews are so misleading :).

Everything is over dramatised to keep people watching.
  • Options
    Eliz_EllenEliz_Ellen Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Glad to see Anton tossed out, he was a douchebag. Not sure how much is scripted, but his confrontation with Andy seemed pretty real and he obviously has a big problem with women in authority.
    I was surprised that the confrontation was not discussed with Anton by Gordon before the end and Anton was not eliminated due to his attitude not being acceptable.

I want Gabriel to go next - he is constantly making big errors and wriggling out of taking "ownership" of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eliz_Ellen wrote: »
    I was surprised that the confrontation was not discussed with Anton by Gordon before the end and Anton was not eliminated due to his attitude not being acceptable.

I want Gabriel to go next - he is constantly making big errors and wriggling out of taking "ownership" of them

I have a bit of a chuckle every time Gordon says his name, he makes it sound like the female 'Gabrielle'. :D
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a bit of a chuckle every time Gordon says his name, he makes it sound like the female 'Gabrielle'. :D

Yes I noticed that too! I wondered if he was doing it on purpose :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eliz_Ellen wrote: »

Looks like Gordon was listening. :D I was rather surprised he didn't also get rid of Melanie. I think Gordon will be reluctant to allow the two remaining guys to get voted over the next couple of episodes out as the final tends to be male vs female.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the girl chef who is always at the pass with Gordon ?
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Who is the girl chef who is always at the pass with Gordon ?
    Do you mean
    Sous Chef Andi Van Willigan
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah thanks.
  • Options
    burchybabiburchybabi Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Even though this latest season only ended in America at the end of July, I see that the new season is starting on 10th September. Does anyone know if ITV2 will show it from around October or are they more likely to wait until next year?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have i missed something here?

Every series they really emphasise where the winner will be head chef. This series i think it was mentioned twice, maybe only three times. I didnt even know until almost half way that it was gordon ramsay pub and grill, in caesars palace las vegas.

Yet in the finale the winner said something along the lines of "i did it for my family and now my kids get to grow up living by the beach".

Im no expert but im pretty sure las vegas in inland and has no beach. The comment by the winner made me think maybe he would be working where hells kitchen is set, as that was california so maybe close to the beach depending on exactly where it is.

I looked on the caesars palace website (assuming the show was aired in america before here so he should be well into working there by now) and theres no mention at all of the winner being head chef there!

Is there a cash alternative and thats why it was scarcely mentioned where the winner would be head chef? Would they have known at the time of airing he wasnt working in las vegas?

Eta google is interesting! It seems that the previous series winner ja'nel failed a drugs test so was unable to claim her prize as head chef of gordon ramsay pub and grill, caesars palace (she got a cash alternative) so that head chef position was given to this series winner. Maybe they didnt know at the time it was the same position so he was expecting a restaurant in la near a beach? I suppose it all depends on the editing.

Wasnt there a trip where they all went to one of gordons pubs in la? To get a feel of it. Maybe they thought that was the prize but then with janel losing her place at vegas the prize got changed? That would explain why they barely mentioned where the prize was until half way in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked that it wasn't a male v female final, and more shocked that Rochelle was eliminated before Melanie, I thought Melanie was an idiot. Not very shocking that Jason didn't win, he was too much of a wildcard.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked that it wasn't a male v female final, and more shocked that Rochelle was eliminated before Melanie, I thought Melanie was an idiot. Not very shocking that Jason didn't win, he was too much of a wildcard.

I was fairly happy with Scott winning but yes, Melanie should have gone before Rochelle.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shows how much i'm still in to this show when i realised last night i'd missed the last two weeks worth of episodes :)

Grabbed them off catchup for a quick whizz through. Not really surprised Scott won either.

Not sure i'm going to bother with the next season though - I barely watch it now as it is.

I might just watch the first one and the last one :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shows how much i'm still in to this show when i realised last night i'd missed the last two weeks worth of episodes :)

Grabbed them off catchup for a quick whizz through. Not really surprised Scott won either.

Not sure i'm going to bother with the next season though - I barely watch it now as it is.

I might just watch the first one and the last one :)

I think producers get blind-sided and often can't tell when something gets 'old'. They create a formula that's a hit with the viewing audience and repeat it season after season. There's really nothing in HK that isn't predictable anymore. I have no idea what the numbers are but I suspect the ratings are pretty low compared to the first few seasons. Still, as long as they're making money from it and Ramsay keeps his name in the spotlight, they'll probably keep it going. I think they should've pulled the plug a couple of seasons ago. The one with Elise proved that it was more about ratings than a cooking competition. There was no way she should have ever made it to the final 5/6 never mind getting to keep her black jacket. I think Gordon had a bit of a hard-on for her. If their plan was to get people talking, I suppose you could argue that it worked as here I am still talking about her. Lol. I guess reality shows and integrity don't go hand in hand.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a new season starts tonight in the US. It's only been a few months since the last one ended, but I'm not complaining. :D
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a new season starts tonight in the US. It's only been a few months since the last one ended, but I'm not complaining. :D

yep double episode as well
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    The series is available on Youtube. Without adverts.

Not the 'official way to watch it'
  • Options
    IC89IC89 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say I was a bit disappointed at the start of S13. Maybe I'm getting HK exhausted but it's all very samey now. I've watched this since it started when I was about 14 but it's finally starting to wane maybe?

The challenges are good (and always oh so close as we know :D) but the services are starting to take their toll. That's where the 'samey' element and feel comes in, and both myself and my OH felt that watching the opening two episodes last night.