LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Saying you're vegetarian because you can't eat gluten is ridiculous yes. Especially if you go on to say you eat fish. In other words you're not a vegetarian at all.

my fave is chicken is often not counted as meat by many veggies around the world....
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Listening to BBC Radio 4 Extra and a panel game comes on. JHB is on it.

OFF!
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Ah yes, the delightful company that are O2, who.........

1) Cut my PAYG phone off without warning.
    2) Stole the £7 credit I had on my phone.
    3) Refused to turn the sim back on unless I paid them £10.

And then they told me....

4) Even if I paid them the £10 I would not get my original £7 credit back.

Be more Dog? No thanks O2, I'll stick to being a cat :kitty:

Most annoyingly on O2 and on PAYG is that they stopped the reducing phone call charge that used to drop from 25p/min down to 3p/min after the first 3 minutes of calls had been made in any one day. Now it's a blank 25p/min from the off.
  • Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barkes going easy on Natalie (treehugger) Bennett.

From her own gob...
    She's a vegetarian because she can't eat gluten
    She has the fish sometimes
    She bakes, she crochets, with other wimmin.
    Tone deaf
    She cycles (quelle surprise)
    Favours anti Vietnam protest songs over pop or other modern music.

She is ridiculous and unelectable. (Thats my opinion)
    I thought DB did a reasonably good job with the interview/phone-in, although a few times Natalie had to fight in order to finish some of the important points she was making.
    There often tends to be an impression given in these types of interviews that the average listener has a very short attention span. Having said that, I'm sure it's not easy to keep the ship on course, with news/weather/travel/advertising breaks etc.
    Natalie was often very persuasive, however, and DB admitted that he was being 'won over' at one point.
    At the end of the programme, DB asked the inevitable fluffy personality questions, but they were by far the least important part of the hour.
    The Greens don't tend to get much exposure on the media, and I was very glad to hear this challenging and informative programme.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrRayDO wrote: »
    but its working as you are talking about it

Yes........negatively ! How many are advocating signing up to the product ?

Listening to BBC Radio 4 Extra and a panel game comes on. JHB is on it.

OFF!

Alert to Loz :D

Good morning to All x
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Death going on yet again about his friend's father, who is dying.

How disrespectful is this fool, going into great personal detail about a person who can't speak back.

I wonder if this 'friend' is aware that his parent is being discussed daily in this way?
    Glad I was not listening. SA really seems to have a morbid fixation with death.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's crap, but I do laugh at the Car Cost Calculator advert.

My new main annoyance is the 118 434 one.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite sad day this Friday tomorrow for fans who follow Andy McColl - it's his last day as he's moving onto pastures new. One of the best radio traffic reporters the country has. All the best for the future.
  • Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Quite sad day this Friday tomorrow for fans who follow Andy McColl - it's his last day as he's moving onto pastures new. One of the best radio traffic reporters the country has. All the best for the future.
    Thanks for the heads-up, occy.
    Farewell, also, to twins Earlier and Later Ron.
    http://www.lbc.co.uk/andy-mccoll-62219
    I wish them all well.
  • Dave_Brown2Dave_Brown2 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I thought DB did a reasonably good job with the interview/phone-in, although a few times Natalie had to fight in order to finish some of the important points she was making.
    There often tends to be an impression given in these types of interviews that the average listener has a very short attention span. Having said that, I'm sure it's not easy to keep the ship on course, with news/weather/travel/advertising breaks etc.
    Natalie was often very persuasive, however, and DB admitted that he was being 'won over' at one point.
    At the end of the programme, DB asked the inevitable fluffy personality questions, but they were by far the least important part of the hour.
    The Greens don't tend to get much exposure on the media, and I was very glad to hear this challenging and informative programme.

Its like what I said last week. Barks is far better interviewing politicos than doing a phone-in but lbc is all phone-in so he is on the wrong station.
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saying you're vegetarian because you can't eat gluten is ridiculous yes. Especially if you go on to say you eat fish. In other words you're not a vegetarian at all.
    She didn't put it like that. She probably can't eat gluten because she's either allergic or sensitive to it. Many people are, or they have some adverse effect to gluten. You are confusing a vegan diet with a vegetarian one. A vegetarian one means no meat is included. Fish and eggs are still on the menu.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20120220/gluten-sensitivity-fact-or-fad
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I heard the crowing of a cockerel this morning
    Then I realised it was someone on LBC saying:-
    "Here's Cor Mac Mac Maaaaaahn"
    Not heard his dulcet tones for years.
    Why oh why oh why
    if you are Mr and Mrs McMahon (however you spell it)
    would you name your little baby boy Cormac?
  • lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think it was the quality of her voice that attracted you to her :p

oh its the whole package for me Martin...the voice is just the icing on the cupcake :D:D

Thanks CC for the R4 tip :)
  • wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoB was actually amusing this morning with his rendition of the rainbow theme tune ..
  • fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I was not listening. SA really seems to have a morbid fixation with death.

Dr Death at it again :cry:
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far. He sounds half asleep in the mornings and mumbles a lot of the time.

I'd like to hear more from the weekend travel reporter Chris Murphy, maybe he's taking over mornings.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    On the brief occasions I've listened to J O'B lately he's been less obnoxious. Quite to the contrary, all very unusual! Today I even heard him say in an obsequious manner "I'm just a plum, I wouldn't know....." This isn't James's style we've known down the years is it :D? He is a bit of a worry...ladies and gentlemen.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :confused::confused:

just heard DB, talking to Ken from the highlands, but when DB was saying bye bye, he said Ken was now staying ib Pompey ?.......... when did Ken move down sath ? :o

Dont think we'll hear ..........gs say good morning till 12.30 pm @leastm, cos of black friday :o???
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far. He sounds half asleep in the mornings and mumbles a lot of the time.

This morning I heard him mention South West Trains. Knowing my wife was travelling on the service today, I wanted to hear if she would be affected. I listened carefully and couldn't catch what he was saying. In the end I looked it up on the web.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    FrankBT wrote: »
    She didn't put it like that. She probably can't eat gluten because she's either allergic or sensitive to it. Many people are, or they have some adverse effect to gluten. You are confusing a vegan diet with a vegetarian one. A vegetarian one means no meat is included. Fish and eggs are still on the menu.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20120220/gluten-sensitivity-fact-or-fad

With respect, I am perfectly aware of the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan. I think you missed the point I was making.
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Everybody is talking about Black Friday" says Olly Mann. No, they're not.
    Forum Member
    Got no idea what 'Black Friday' is and couldn't care less. Sounds like some huge banking disaster to me.
    Forum Member
    Dr Death on about an accident where a man got decapitated, his head being found inside a helmet in a field.

He needs help.
    Forum Member
    Dr Death on about an accident where a man got decapitated, his head being found inside a helmet in a field.

He needs help.

Edit - plus stories about how his friend's dad died. Plus the couple who died together in hospital. Plus the death of P.D. James. Plus gory details of cricketer Phil Hughes.
    Forum Member
    Double post.
This discussion has been closed.