Give Bruce a break..............

124»

Comments

• Options
    SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    =Doghouse Riley;70018693]Hmm..

Why are you getting yourself so worked up about adverse comments on "someone on the telly" which are the complete opposite of yours?

Well Riley thatmight a large case of the pot calling the kettle black.
    "Petitions and protest marches?"

As for a "collapse" (with laughter) I think that'd be possible for anyone reading your post.

You are so funny.

Well thank you. As for a petition, you are the one who is bothered by Bruce's presence. It does seem to drive you up the wall. You are constantly complaining about how bad he is. He doesn't bother me. So I am asking a simple question, why haven't you tried to get him off the show? Why do you expend so much time in complaining about what you can't change?
    I've posted enough times that he won't be going until the end of the series, it wouldn't make any sense.
    But he can still damage his reputation even further before the end of the show's run, which would be sad.

The show might last a while yet and it's his reputation. If he isn't worried about it why are you?
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Summeriris wrote: »
    Have you tried to organise a petition or something to have him removed. You are a license payer and you have a right to have your's and like-minded people's complaints heard. What have you done beside post here on this forum? I'm not being snide. maybe it's a leftover from my youth when I joined protest marches. If you really think you have a case, make it to the relevant people..
    Don't know about Doghouse, but I've certainly complained to the BBC and got the same 'thank you for your comments, a lot of people like him, your comments have been entered into the audience log and passed to the relevant department' that everyone gets. So no I don't just post on here, and I've always been recognised as "having no side" - whatever I say behind your back, I'll say to your face as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The show might last a while yet and it's his reputation. If he isn't worried about it why are you?
    He might be aware of his reputation, but he doesn't believe anything adverse he hears or sees. As far as he's concerned he's the greatest dancer, singer and comedian there ever was.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Riley thatmight a large case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Well thank you. As for a petition, you are the one who is bothered by Bruce's presence. It does seem to drive you up the wall. You are constantly complaining about how bad he is. He doesn't bother me. So I am asking a simple question, why haven't you tried to get him off the show? Why do you expend so much time in complaining about what you can't change?

You're at it again "drive me up the wall?" when did I say that?
    You need to calm down, not misinterpret posts or put words in other contributor's mouths, it impresses no one.

Accept that people will continue to criticise Bruce on here, regardless of all the suggestions you make.
    You'd be better off scrolling down as you'll never stop them.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    He might be aware of his reputation, but he doesn't believe anything adverse he hears or sees. As far as he's concerned he's the greatest dancer, singer and comedian there ever was.

Perhaps, in quiet moment he also suffers delusions that he is Napoleon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know about Doghouse, but I've certainly complained to the BBC and got the same 'thank you for your comments, a lot of people like him, your comments have been entered into the audience log and passed to the relevant department' that everyone gets. So no I don't just post on here, and I've always been recognised as "having no side" - whatever I say behind your back, I'll say to your face as well.

The BBC know that the number of people who write in to complain or praise, is such a small percentage of the total of numbers who view a programme, they can ignore them.
    Most viewers can't be assed, one way or another.

They do respond to letters, but they're just "stock answer pro formas," which can be produced cheaply, by just adding the writers name and address, etc., to them.

I've no problem with that, as I wouldn't want my licence fee used to pay for a phalanx of typists to compose individual responses.

The Bruce problem will likely just go away at the end of the year.

In the meantime, we can have a bit of fun posting about his latest gaffe, if we're unfortunate enough to catch one during the show.
    That's bound to upset a few of his fans on here, who'll then likely start telling us what we should do.

As if we cared what they thought, or would take any notice.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's refreshing to know Janet, I have bombarded the BBC with Sir Bruce praise all series to ensure that they get an accurate picture of an average viewers feelings about our Brucie on Strictly.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    That's refreshing to know Janet, I have bombarded the BBC with Sir Bruce praise all series to ensure that they get an accurate picture of an average viewers feelings about our Brucie on Strictly.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC know that the number of people who write in to complain or praise, is such a small percentage of the total of numbers who view a programme, they can ignore them.
    Most viewers can't be assed, one way or another.

They do respond to letters, but they're just "stock answer pro formas," which can be produced cheaply, by just adding the writers name and address, etc., to them.

I've no problem with that, as I wouldn't want my licence fee used to pay for a phalanx of typists to compose individual responses.

The Bruce problem will likely just go away at the end of the year.

In the meantime, we can have a bit of fun posting about his latest gaffe, if we're unfortunate enough to catch one during the show.
    That's bound to upset a few of his fans on here, who'll then likely start telling us what we should do.

As if we cared what they thought, or would take any notice.

The BBC never ignore me.
  • Options
    PontywarriorPontywarrior Posts: 8,142
    Forum Member
    I like Bruce but the last couple of weeks have been painful!

After this year I hope he retires - I just hope that Tess doesn't lead the show as I really don't like her!
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    The BBC never ignore me.

Just about everyone else does though! :D
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol :D:D

And if, as Terri says in his post quoted by edy10, he bombards the BBC with BF praise, then they are not getting an "accurate picture of an average viewer's feelings", they are getting multiple ramblings from one person...a bit like we do here ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The BBC's taste is impecable as is Brucies.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    In answer to the opening post - Id be delighted to give Bruce a break - as long as he likes (preferably forever) - starting this week!
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    In answer to the opening post - Id be delighted to give Bruce a break - as long as he likes (preferably forever) - starting this week!

Well you're in luck as he's having yet another one of his days off next Saturday :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »
    Well you're in luck as he's having yet another one of his days off next Saturday :D

Good for him, he deserves all the rest he can get.

Must be quite tiring carrying around that heavy wallet, stuffed with our cash.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    My mum was forced to retire from a job she was really good at because she reached the age of 65. Bruce is incompetent. Worse than that, he thinks the show is all about him and he wastes so much time with his faffing about.

He is getting paid millions when he's unfit to do the
    Job - why should anyone give him a break?
  • Options
    PontywarriorPontywarrior Posts: 8,142
    Forum Member
    j4Rose wrote: »
    My mum was forced to retire from a job she was really good at because she reached the age of 65. Bruce is incompetent. Worse than that, he thinks the show is all about him and he wastes so much time with his faffing about.

Is he? Where did you read this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think that's just a teensy bit of an exaggeration - last year it was quoted in the media that he was being paid £500,000, but we don't know how accurate that is. Sounds about right though when compared with other "talent", as they like to call them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think that's just a teensy bit of an exaggeration - last year it was quoted in the media that he was being paid £500,000, but we don't know how accurate that is. Sounds about right though when compared with other "talent", as they like to call them.

Well, over the course of the number of series, it'll add up to "millions" won't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, over the course of the number of series, it'll add up to "millions" won't it?
    Didn't think of that. Obvious when you say it. My excuse is that my brain's on the point of exploding having, in the last three weeks, bought a new computer, a tablet and a smartphone. If I was 12 years old I'd be OK, but at my age my brain doesn't work as fast or as efficiently as it did - similar to Fforsyth but I'm several years younger then he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't think of that. Obvious when you say it. My excuse is that my brain's on the point of exploding having, in the last three weeks, bought a new computer, a tablet and a smartphone. If I was 12 years old I'd be OK, but at my age my brain doesn't work as fast or as efficiently as it did - similar to Fforsyth but I'm several years younger then he is.

Good Luck With Getting To Grips With All Your New Gadgets Janet
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

I didn't have a clue how much he earned. It's still a hell of a lot more than he's worth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't have a clue how much he earned. It's still a hell of a lot more than he's worth.

THATS PEANUTS FOR A LIVING LEGEND ROSE