Options

5 Thoughts - Week 9

Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1. Jake and Simon overmarked
2. Some things never change, Kristina using her partner as a pole to dance around, climb over etc.
3. Kristina showing too mush gusset :o:o:o:o:o
4. Kristina jumping around like a demented schoolchild when Craig give a 9
5. Kristina, telling Claudia it was good to have her back, once again trying to take the limelight, I hope it is her last series. It is all look at ME, look what I'm doing with her

Comments

• Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Jake entertaining but way overmarked. Never a 10.
    2. Loved Pixie and Frankie, worried there could be a shock result though.
    3. Mark and Steve should be the bottom 2, but I think Sunetra is in dancer.
    4. Good to have Claudia back.
    5. Simon once again best male celeb.
  • Options
    miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Loved all the dances tonight but Steve & Sunetra looking weaker compared to the others.
    2) Pixie pulled off that Charleston with finesse.
    3) Felt sorry for Caroline and the dress mis-hap, hope she's still there next week.
    4) Love Mark and Simon more each week, they're improving so much.
    5) Frankie too saccharine for me, I appreciate she's brilliant but I always feel bored when she's on.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Vicky must really like Sunetra, she always has the most beautiful dresses.

2. Charleston is supposed to be fun, this looked like a lot of work.

3. Underwhelmed by Mark's tango, it was more a paso than a ballroom tango.

4. Loved Frankie's Viennese Waltz.

5. Wasn't impressed by Jake's samba. I wanted it to be more traditional.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Tonight's Theme: How many stone fatter than they really are can the costume department make people look? :(

2) Simon can dance Kristina...stop climbing all over him like a desperate pole dancer and let him.>:(

3) You may not be the best dancer left Steve but you are no question the least annoying :)

4) Pixie and Trent..that Village of the Damned :o look never goes away.

5) Told you all in intro show Jake could move:p
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I missed Judy.
    2. Steve weakest but I still like him as an individual more than Mark or Jake.
    3. Getting tough to decide who should go
    4. I would love Kristina to at last go all the way.
    5. Which makes it tough for me as I love Pixie and Trent!
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    1. best dance pixie's charleston; great choreo from trent showing off a different side to pixie, the loose limbed, sexy showgirl. not perfect but best dance of the night.

2. honourable mention to caroline, in this field she's not going to win but she's a really lovely dancer with a great presence.

3, simon - stand out male and has been from the start, glad that people seem to be warming to him

4.goodbye steve. i hope.

5.welcome back claudia and well done kristina for voicing that on behalf of all i am sure.
  • Options
    Julie JJulie J Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Jake and Pixie were outstanding tonight
    2. Caroline is a great dancer, hope she isn't in the dance off
    3. Simon overrated
    4. Hope Steve goes tonight
    5. Welcome back to Claudia
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1:Kristina could have waited for a private moment to hug Claudia . It was naive of her
    2: Claudia was pure pro as ever
    3: Jake made me smile
    4: Mark is Mr Cliches
    5 . Thrilled and chuffed to see Claudia back as it must mean her little girl is doong better
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    1. Wonderful to have Claudia back. Everyone applauding her at the start was glorious.
    2. Great to continue that great Blackpool vibe again.
    3. JAKE.
    4. Pixie's dance was stunning.
    5. I hate how Tess always asks Darcy a question at the start of her comments.
  • Options
    oublietteoubliette Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    1. Hated the music for Jake's samba - wrong, wrong, wrong.
    2. I've warmed to Pixie more than I've warmed to Frankie or Caroline.
    3. I think #2 may be because I like Trent much more than KFG or Pasha.
    4. Where did Steve go? I didn't see him behind Claudia, although Ola was there.
    5. Really good to have Claudia back (although I did miss Zoe).
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Caroline got a nice frock - does the DO beckon ?

2.Simon was good but Kristina made it too much about her, as usual

3.What is Darcey on ?

4. Len's cliches mean I have far too much to drink in 75 minutes

5. Loved Jake, even though not the most technically correct performance

and a special 6. Brilliant to see Claudia back
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    1. The audience had been drinking too much red bull before the show
    2. Costume doing some good stuff tonight, liked all the girls' outfits
    3. Mary Berry:D
    4. Simon best dance for the boys
    5. Pixie and Trent lovely dance awful music
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    1. Jake overmarked, the hips didn't do much for me I would have preferred a better basic Samba, those rolls were not good
    2. Fewer wardrobe mal functions, - think they need more than one dress run through
    3. Sadly because of his ankle I think Steve has had his day
    4. Good to se Claud back, she seems a bit more spontaneous, wonder whether that was watching Zoe for 3 weeks? missing Zoe though
    5. Well done for the wonderful music and choreography this week
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    1. Scoring was ridiculous
    2. Darcey is BIASED towards the men.
    3. Jake should have got 7s not 2 9s and 2 10s
    4. Craig giving Caroline a 7 is ridiculous.
    5. Loved the night.
    6. Frankie was sensational.
    7. Simon should have got 10s
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Good to have Claudia back.
    2(taken from glasshalffull) Simon can dance Kristina...stop climbing all over him like a desperate pole dancer and let him - totally agree, this should have been a wow dance as the bits he moved for were great, but too much time taken up with her flashing her gusset and him standing still.
    3. Pixie's charleston movements seemed awkward to me. The overall performance was good, just missing the technique where it should have been.
    4. Ditto for mark and Jake - both dances were show dances and lacked the proper technique where it should have been.
    5. If judges can't be bothered to comment on technical bits then they should stop being po-faced when the "wrong" couple is not voted out by the naughty voting public.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1, for the first time Tess annoyed me with her comments. I hope my annoyance doesn't get to Bruce era levels

2. I think I have settled on Frankie or Simon as my favourites to win. I like Steve and Sunetra too but their dancing isn't as good.

3. Welcome back Claudia!!

4. The Man with the Hat!!!! :D:D:D:D:D wooohoooo!!!!

5. When Caroline came out I was surprised she was wearing a lovely dress. Wardrobe obviously wanted to sabotage her other ways :(:o
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Pixie went out of time on a couple of occasions and I thought she looked a little awkward at times.
    2) I'm afraid I am firmly in the camp that didn't 'get' Jake's samba
    3) Felt for poor Caroline and the stumble at the beginning
    4) I thought Frankie's dance was beautiful, she really does not need as much fake tan though
    5) Darcey it a waste of a chair.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    1 An American Smooth is supposed to be smooth (and 60% in hold) not jerking all over the shop with 'jazz elements' (how are they supposed to obey the rules Craig if even the judges don't seem to know them?)
    2 Swivel and synchronicity are important elements of a Charleston (as the judges point out ad nauseam when it suits but apparently not tonight)
    3 I don't know where to begin with the horrors of Jake's so-called samba but suffice it to say random bum shaking with horrific face pulling and head stroking are not recognised elements
    4 Sad that so many on here think Frankie's VW was 'boring' when it was one of the few properly choreographed contents and technically well performed - why not just let everyone do freestyle every week if that is entertaining?
    5 I miss Judy too.:kitty:
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    1. best dance pixie's charleston; great choreo from trent showing off a different side to pixie, the loose limbed, sexy showgirl. not perfect but best dance of the night.

2. honourable mention to caroline, in this field she's not going to win but she's a really lovely dancer with a great presence.

3, simon - stand out male and has been from the start, glad that people seem to be warming to him

4.goodbye steve. i hope.

5.welcome back claudia and well done kristina for voicing that on behalf of all i am sure.
    duckylucky wrote: »
    1:Kristina could have waited for a private moment to hug Claudia . It was naive of her
    2: Claudia was pure pro as ever
    3: Jake made me smile
    4: Mark is Mr Cliches
    5 . Thrilled and chuffed to see Claudia back as it must mean her little girl is doong better

Totaly agree duckylucy,but this is Kristina to a 'T', Look at ME,ME,ME
    MrJames wrote: »
    1. Wonderful to have Claudia back. Everyone applauding her at the start was glorious.
    2. Great to continue that great Blackpool vibe again.
    3. JAKE.
    4. Pixie's dance was stunning.
    5. I hate how Tess always asks Darcy a question at the start of her comments.

I have to admit it brought a tear to my eyes
  • Options
    JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    1. Very happy to see no "blackpool-hangover this year
    2. LOVED Frankies Vienesse Waltz, my personal favourite of the night
    3. Jake was over marked and I feel like he'll struggle with the dances he has left
    4. Could not fault Simon, was a bit surprised there were no tens (did not like him until last week but he's really grown on me)
    5. Steve and Sunetra look like they might be the bottom two, but I think Caroline and Mark might be in danger too

Sneaky extra one- SO HAPPY to have Claudia back, would love her and Zoe to host the main show together
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Oh, such a shame about Caroline's mishap, that routine was so lovely but I felt her confidence was knocked a bit, despite her recovery. I don't want her to be in the dance-off, even though I'd love to see the routine again.
    2. Simon looks like he never gets tired! He obviously enjoys dancing so much, it's really enjoyable to watch.
    3. Brendan looks bored, this series.
    4. Why wasn't I blessed with dancers' legs? I'm thinking Pixie and Janette ..
    5. Frankie's hand looked like a spider sitting on Kevin's shoulder, I could hardly look!!
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Oh, such a shame about Caroline's mishap, that routine was so lovely but I felt her confidence was knocked a bit, despite her recovery. I don't want her to be in the dance-off, even though I'd love to see the routine again. :(
    2. Simon looks like he never gets tired! He obviously enjoys dancing so much, it's really enjoyable to watch.
    3. Brendan looks bored, this series.
    4. Why wasn't I blessed with dancers' legs? I'm thinking Pixie and Janette ..
    5. Frankie's hand looked like a spider sitting on Kevin's shoulder, I could hardly look!! :o
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    1. Welcome back Claudia! Sending all my love to you, Matilda and your family x
    2. Caroline was WAY undermarked.
    3. Jake was WAY overmarked.
    4. Music choices terrible as per usual.
    5. Mary Berry for next year’s Strictly ;)
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    Frank Mag wrote: »
    Totaly agree duckylucy,but this is Kristina to a 'T', Look at ME,ME,ME

i fully get the level of your, well, hatred is the only word that seems appropriate, since you chose to 'spend' most of you 5 thoughts about the show obsessing over her, which seems a bit sad and limiting.

however, i'm not sure why you quoted me, as i don't agree with you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. I think if it wasn't for Caroline's stumble that would have been here 'wow dance'. It was stunning and seemed perfect besides the nearly fall. Hope she isn't in the DO.
    2. Jake's dance didn't seem to have much actual dancing in it? Like it was a load of loud music and feathers but no dancing that was actually that difficult.
    3. I can never seem to pay attention when Pixie is on screen
    4. And I can't warm to Simon at all.
    5. So lovely to have Claudia back, bless her crying.