Options

What happened to this so called Doctor Who DVD Boxset?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
Forum Member
I have only just found out that The Seeds of Doom is now coming out on the 25th October 2010 which is good news, however I thought people were saying that they were going to release this in a boxset along with Terror of The Zygons, are they still going to or has it just been proven wrong. It would have been a really good combination of two excellent stories, what do you lot think about this?

Comments

• Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never even heard that rumour. There's no connection between those two stories so I'm not sure why they'd even consider releasing them together.:confused:
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never even heard that rumour. There's no connection between those two stories so I'm not sure why they'd even consider releasing them together.:confused:

There are two connections actually, three if you count them topping and tailing season 13.

G
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobaltmale wrote: »
    There are two connections actually, three if you count them topping and tailing season 13.

G

I can't quite see 'The Robert Banks Stewart Collection' shifting a lot of box sets...
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Show some respect Tony! A Robert Banks Stewart boxset would be a luxury beyond my wildest dreams, especially if it included some of his best Bergerac and Shoestring stories!

I hadn't heard of a Seeds/Zygons boxset. The big mystery is whether or not the repackaged Androzani/Talons/McGann boxset is still coming in October, as was originally scheduled. I won't be buying it, but would run to the shops for a Banks Stewart Box!
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't quite see 'The Robert Banks Stewart Collection' shifting a lot of box sets...

I didn't say that though, and that's only one connection.

G
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Show some respect Tony! A Robert Banks Stewart boxset would be a luxury beyond my wildest dreams, especially if it included some of his best Bergerac and Shoestring stories!

I hadn't heard of a Seeds/Zygons boxset. The big mystery is whether or not the repackaged Androzani/Talons/McGann boxset is still coming in October, as was originally scheduled. I won't be buying it, but would run to the shops for a Banks Stewart Box!
    I'm in two minds about the Revisitations set. I want the TV Movie with the extra commentary (the lack of a McGann/McCoy commentary on the original release was deplorable), but have no desire to buy two other stories I've already got in order to get it. A very cheap trick from the ever grasping BBC, I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like extra Extras, but can live without. I didn't buy the Davros box, though I'd like to see the extra Remembrance extras.

I daresay Revisitations (is that its name?) will be in the sales, or on Ebay, before too long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like extra Extras, but can live without. I didn't buy the Davros box, though I'd like to see the extra Remembrance extras.

I daresay Revisitations (is that its name?) will be in the sales, or on Ebay, before too long.

I bought the Davros box just for the disc with all the Big Finish Davros audio stories on it. If you'd bought them all separately, it would have cost more than the box set, and it had all these spare DVDs in it, too!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought the Davros box just for the disc with all the Big Finish Davros audio stories on it. If you'd bought them all separately, it would have cost more than the box set, and it had all these spare DVDs in it, too!:D

Ah! I had forgotten the Big Finishes were in it too. That box was probably pretty good VFM! Not the best example I could have given ...
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah! I had forgotten the Big Finishes were in it too. That box was probably pretty good VFM! Not the best example I could have given ...

Also I believe it was the first appearance of the 'corrected' version of Remembrance with the sound glitches repaired and the omitted visual effects and Beatles music added back in. :)