Time to bring LMA Manager back?

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
There is a big gap in the market for a console management sim like football manager, is it time to make a new LMA game or atleast release a update? classic game and I actually preferred it to football manager the match engine is smoother and theres less farting about with the boring stuff.

Comments

• Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    There is a big gap in the market for a console management sim like football manager, is it time to make a new LMA game or atleast release a update? classic game and I actually preferred it to football manager the match engine is smoother and theres less farting about with the boring stuff.
    I agree Lma was very playable had one version for ps2 and loved it . I had Champ manager 2008 for ps2 and by comparison it was boring and fiddly.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever this subject comes up I get the impression LMA sold poorly or it would still be going and no amount of campaigning would get a dev or publisher to back it. I suppose they could start a Kickstarter campaign to gauge interest, though...

The management side to FIFA probably killed it off more than anything.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Whenever this subject comes up I get the impression LMA sold poorly or it would still be going and no amount of campaigning would get a dev or publisher to back it. I suppose they could start a Kickstarter campaign to gauge interest, though...

The management side to FIFA probably killed it off more than anything.

Probably, but FIFA manager is on the PC
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wanted a New LMA Manager, it would be perfect on the Vita, or on PS4 with Vita used as a controller

Imagine the game is going on on your TV while on the Vita screen is a bunch of stats, showing which players and playing well, where your best attacking chances have been, which players are getting fatigued

You could then be able to make changes on the fly and see how effective they are
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood how people preferred LMA to Football/Championship Manager.

Miles behind, and always has been.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if it's not a new game, just a update for the latest transfers and database I would pay money for and I'm sure others would to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hendo9 wrote: »

The match engine on LMA is much better then anything Football Manager serves up now. And it's more simple to use none of the boring stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Probably, but FIFA manager is on the PC

Not what I meant. I was meaning the management options in regular FIFA. When I got it I never thought it was much good but apparently it got better. I've not bought FIFA for a good few years, though.

And before LMA there was Premier Manager. Some folk will always prefer the more basic option. It's one reason we have FM Classic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe it was the simplicity, i could have bunch of mates round and play a few season in a day on LMA and have a laugh

With Football manager you have to put thought into every little decision, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, its just not every one will want that level on detail
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    With Football manager you have to put thought into every little decision, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, its just not every one will want that level on detail

Hence FM Classic. I could see SI doing a console version of that in the future...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hence FM Classic. I could see SI doing a console version of that in the future...

Depending on the price i may look into FM Classic 2014 on the Vita, as its just the classic mode and not the full game i wouldn't be willing to pay that much
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Depending on the price i may look into FM Classic 2014 on the Vita, as its just the classic mode and not the full game i wouldn't be willing to pay that much

RRP is £29.99 which I think is a bit steep for what is basically a rebrand of FM Handheld, maybe with a few additional bits. Handheld is about a fiver on Android...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RRP is £29.99 which I think is a bit steep for what is basically a rebrand of FM Handheld, maybe with a few additional bits. Handheld is about a fiver on Android...

Then i shall not be buying, the most i would pay is £9.99
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Football Manager is as fiddly as you make it, if you are lazy you can just tell your assistant manager to just pretty much do everything. And if he's successful, take the plaudits, and if he relegates you, simply sack him.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    football manager is the best,you gotta put th effort in though

i had 4 different formations with newcastle over 7 years ,but i was always midtable

then i amalgamated best bits of all 4 formations into 1 and i won the league! that makes me smile!!!!
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do miss LMA manager - many days of my life lost on that! The beauty was its simplicity and that player abilities were represented graphically, and not like a spreadsheet. Also the fact that you could visibly see there and then how your tactical alterations affected matches was a big bonus.

As said above - an update to LMA 2007 would be nice. I did contact Codemasters ages ago about this, or whether they'd release the source so the online community could produce an update but had no response.

There were rumours of an LMA 2014 doing the rounds a while back. But last year it was LMA 2013 rumours, and 2012 before that etc.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I hope this is relaunched on next gen consoles or Football Manager on them. The XB1 has smart glass, the PS4 has the touch pad & the Wii U has the gamepad for easy touch screen control for going through menus