XF Oz - who else thinks Jai Waetford is sadly dominating the vote?

13»

Comments

• SimbaY2K+4SimbaY2K+4 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the first year I have watched X Factor Australia, Mainly cos the amazing Miss Minogue is on it!

Surprising how many of the acts I've taken to, thought they were all singing out of tune in week 1 but then realised it was the way they sang over in Oz with their accents.

Was glad someone mentioned that about Jai because as soon as you put a kid like Jai in all the teenage girls will vote aka Eoghan! I thought he would have it in the bag till this week but not so sure now tho I think he will be in final.

Was sad to see Cat go last week but kind of expected it because I had a sixth sense type thing about her voting base.

I agree with someone else about Ruth's version of Purple Rain, for me that is the benchmark for others and although vocally Demi's was stunning it did not have the emotional depth and shear drive that Ruth's had. She was singing it for her life!!
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodlands wrote: »
    He is a 14yr old boy! The others he is up against have probably been performing at lot longer and will have a lot more experience than him. For his age he is incredibly talented and he does have a lovely tone to his voice. He was better week1, but obviously the song suited him better, next week's one could be better for him again. I just think its unkind some of the things being said.

Being 14 years old isnt an excuse. He shouldnt of even been put through to top 12. He simple isnt that good of a singer no matter how you look at it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodlands wrote: »
    He is a 14yr old boy! The others he is up against have probably been performing at lot longer and will have a lot more experience than him. For his age he is incredibly talented and he does have a lovely tone to his voice. He was better week1, but obviously the song suited him better, next week's one could be better for him again. I just think its unkind some of the things being said.

Well I haven't said anything unkind. All I said was that his performance was the second weakest of the night, aft JTR.
    If he has to be treated differently due to his age, the he shouldn't have been put through in the first place.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    Being 14 years old isnt an excuse. He shouldnt of even been put through to top 12. He simple isnt that good of a singer no matter how you look at it

I agree they need to up the age range and stop tryna push this Justin Bieber wannabe on us! We alrady have Justin Bieber and now Austin Mahone we dont need another one!
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    I rely think that Jai sounded worse than everyone bar JTR. I will agree that the performances by Omar, Taylor and Cat were boring. Joelle wasn't really boring, the song and performance were all kinds of wrong for her, however.

She wasn't, but I can tell that she wasn't comfortable, which made it uncomfortable to watch. At least Foo didn't let her wear Rihanna clothes.

Taylor and Omar were trying so hard to make it work, but the song choices were just bad.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    I think Taylor will in there instead of Third D3gree

I think THIRD D3GREE will end up like that group a few years ago that lost out a spot in the final to Johnny Ruffo (much to the chagrin of the producers who lined up Salt n' Pepa for them), but for now, they are in the top three with respect to the overall package.