Telephone Number 0000000000

spangspang Posts: 515
Forum Member
✭✭
Twice now I have done 1471 on the phone and it has been all zeros. Has anyone had this?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    i aint :confused:
  • johnny utahjohnny utah Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have had this several times, ignore it it is nothing important
  • spangspang Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.

I was a bit worried, my parents are away abroad and I let the cordless phone batteries go dead, and when I charged it that was the last number. For some reason I got worried it was someone trying to get hold of me for some emergency reason.

I searched the internet and someone on another forum said it is Toucan Telecom, and while I can't believe a company could have this number, it seems to be a 1471/bt screw up.
  • ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toucan is an 01625 number
  • cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it as well...its companies trying to remain anonymous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    not totally on topic but "Plumb local" is 08080000000 which is close !
    the useless company rang me to confirm a booking for a plumber but the bloke couldnt be bothered to turn up !
    like i say off topic but just thought i'd say ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshyyyyy wrote: »
    not totally on topic but "Plumb local" is 08080000000 which is close !
    the useless company rang me to confirm a booking for a plumber but the bloke couldnt be bothered to turn up !
    like i say off topic but just thought i'd say ;)

Let it all out dont lock it up inside:rolleyes:
  • TheFirstCutTheFirstCut Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    Many people / companies send out spoof CLID. It's a way of getting around anonymous caller reject without giving out their number.

I used to spoof CLID with various unknown numbers.
  • pjb007pjb007 Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey I think we had that as well
  • TheFirstCutTheFirstCut Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    spang wrote: »
    it seems to be a 1471/bt screw up.

No you can spoof the CLID. You can send various presentation CLID, you can just program the number you wish it to display.

I used to use VoIP to spoof. I can't now spoof any old number, they have clamped down, I can only spoof numbers I have access to. So I can send out the CLID of my landline, my mobiles, or other VoIP lines.

Users who have ISDN lines can program any number to display.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Users who have ISDN lines can program any number to display.

I'm not sure if it's our PABX or BT Exchange but our ISDN30 at work just becomes "withheld" if you don't use one of the numbers on our account.
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    kev wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's our PABX or BT Exchange but our ISDN30 at work just becomes "withheld" if you don't use one of the numbers on our account.

It's more likely to be the PABX. A lot of the time BT won't even know what numbers you actually have if you are using 08xx redirects. It could, however, be a configuration option at the exchange that hasn't been set for your account.

Certainly when I was working in the call recording industry people had no problem passing CLIDs that weren't on the 'BT' side of the network. In fact, for some of the outbound stuff we allowed the CLID to be set depending on what the agent was doing in our software at the time. Whether this was effective depended on the switch model they were using though, we couldn't do it on all.