Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Tell us what you know! :D

I'm only a few steps ahead of you guys :D As I revealed yesterday, Rockstar North have been on paid holidays to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas. The first trailer for GTA V has confirmed San Andreas State returns and the trailer was showing off the new Los Santos and the surrounding areas, it's bigger than before.
  • bad-beatbad-beat Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks Good! Can't wait.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I'm only a few steps ahead of you guys :D As I revealed yesterday, Rockstar North have been on paid holidays to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas. The first trailer for GTA V has confirmed San Andreas State returns and the trailer was showing off the new Los Santos and the surrounding areas, it's bigger than before.

I understand. :D

I'm thinking there is more than 3 cities though. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GTA 5 : San Andres looks amazing I must say, but it has got me puzzled to why Rockstar have not put a release date or a console platform at the end of the trailer.

Does this mean that that due to delays this game could be possibly for the Xbox 720 and Play Station 4 ? Otherwise all they had to do is put coming in 2012 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 at the end..

Strange. :confused:
  • funnyhairfunnyhair Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It look's epic.
    Am so happy about the whole San Andreas return.

The rocky mountains look awesome, I hope I can jump off them in a parachute like in SA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »

Got to agree mate, those graphics in the pictures do look a step above the current generation of consoles.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woosher wrote: »
    . . . and a teasing image of a homeless Niko and an aged CJ!

:D
    thought I spotted that too. looked similar, sign said "need money for booze" iirc
    :D
    It isn't Niko. It was pointed out earlier who it was most likely to be. If it was Niko, he'd be exactly as he looked in GTA IV.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    It's the guy who found the diamonds in GTA4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    It isn't Niko. It was pointed out earlier who it was most likely to be. If it was Niko, he'd be exactly as he looked in GTA IV.

I didn't say it was him... I said it looked similar ,and it did!
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    GTA 5 : San Andres looks amazing I must say, but it has got me puzzled to why Rockstar have not put a release date or a console platform at the end of the trailer.

Does this mean that that due to delays this game could be possibly for the Xbox 720 and Play Station 4 ? Otherwise all they had to do is put coming in 2012 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 at the end..

Strange. :confused:

I think it wil be for the current generation. Most homes have a 360/PS3 and it will take at least a year after launch for the next generation to be in millions of homes. It could really hurt sales to release it alongside new consoles.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It's definitely for this generation, just look at the gfx, it is clearly the same engine behind GTA IV (but obviously tweaked). It looks gorgeous. I seriously cannot wait for this. I read somewhere they had announced it for "next gen systems" too, which if true will most likely mean Wii U, at least I hope so.
  • mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this really does take in the whole San Andreas state, albeit a next-gen version, then all my Christmases have come at once. I really couldn't get to grips with GTA4, the city felt too claustrophobic. Open air sunshine, beaches, mountains, lakes, forests and deserts is where it's at. I am totally in.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    The good thing is the development time wouldn't have been taken up with creating the graphics/physics engine unlike GTA IV which was a stunning achievement in itself but I felt the storyline and gameplay suffered a bit as a result. It was a step back in terms of the "toybox" style of gameplay as seen in Vice City and San Andreas. It was in fact more like a next gen GTA III.

Now all their time and focus will of been on gameplay and I shudder to think how good this game might turn out with RockStar North putting all their talent behind it. It was much the same story with the transition from GTA III to Vice City; the same (tweaked) engine but the development time was focused on the actual gameplay and story instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's definitely for this generation, just look at the gfx, it is clearly the same engine behind GTA IV (but obviously tweaked). It looks gorgeous. I seriously cannot wait for this. I read somewhere they had announced it for "next gen systems" too, which if true will most likely mean Wii U, at least I hope so.

Possibly, but I still have to wonder why at the end of the trailer no release date, not even 2012 or console platforms were mentoned. If it was that dead certain to be on next year on the Xbox and PS3 then it surely would of put at the end of the trailer.

I'm sure that's how it worked for all the previous GTA release teaser trailers, including GTA 4.
  • funnyhairfunnyhair Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure that's how it worked for all the previous GTA release teasers, including GTA 4.

Actually nope, the first GTA IV trailer contained no release info or console logos etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M80K51DosFo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funnyhair wrote: »
    Actually nope, the first GTA IV trailer contained no release info or console logos etc.

Ahh ok, thanks for that. Oh well, guess they are just sticking to GTA continuity then.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funnyhair wrote: »

That trailer was uploaded to YT by Rockstar on 29th March 2007. GTA IV itself was released on 29th April 2008.

Based on that, GTA V might not be out until December 2012!
    :eek:

Thankfully, GTA IV was built upon what was an all new gaming engine. GTA V is built upon an updated and
    improved version of that same engine, so the bulk of the back-end work is most likely already done, so I'd
    doubt it'll be quite that long before the next GTA saga is finalised and released.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Looks nice enough but I'm more interested in whether it plays better than GTA Bore (see what I did there?!?!?LOL)

First thing on the list; let's have the cars not handle like old dodgems.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    That trailer was uploaded to YT by Rockstar on 29th March 2007. GTA IV itself was released on 29th April 2008.

Based on that, GTA V might not be out until December 2012
    !
    :eek:

Thankfully, GTA IV was built upon what was an all new gaming engine. GTA V is built upon an updated and
    improved version of that same engine, so the bulk of the back-end work is most likely already done, so I'd
    doubt it'll be quite that long before the next GTA saga is finalised and released.

Dont forget though, GTA 4 was originally meant to be released in October 2007 but was delayed shortly before release and re-scheduled for April 2008!:)
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer looks awesome. Reminds me of VC and SA (never played 4 so don't know if any elements of that game are in the trailer), so that cannot be a bad thing at all :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont give crap about the graphics. If they can squeeze out what we've seen in the video from the 360 and PS3 then I''l be happy.

I'm just glad we're in a sunny climate. Hope the game features the whole SA map. :cool::D
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I want it now :(

Be nice if CJ pops up in the game at some point......preferably doing well for for himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music sounds like this Small Faces track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Dl-CtH7EY
This discussion has been closed.