2010 Sony TV no longer able to receive 4Music

1235»

Comments

• Laissez-FaireLaissez-Faire Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    gush wrote: »
    Sony have passed this on for further investigation - always copy your correspondence to christopher.bowen@eu.sony.com - that way you seem to get their attention!

They will have to modify their firmware yet again!

OK thanks will make a note, and wait for the new firmware
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    My Sony TV KDL-32-EX403 used to crash whilst watching 4Music.
    New firmware PKG4.117EUL-0108 has solved this issue.
    However, channel 85 Russia Today will often cause the set to crash when you try to change channels -a similar problem exists with all the unsupported internet streaming channels.
    The TV is supposed to be an internet enabled model, therefore it's very strange that the Sony experts are unable to resolve these issues. Or is it maybe they are just not trying very hard?
  • xtazxtaz Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    They won't want to fix the issues by actually making these features work as intended. They would rather you go out and buy a new 2013 model TV from them instead. They will only do the bare minimum to stop it crashing. Although I'm led to believe that the TV market loses these companies money these days, so it might actually be better for them to NOT sell you a new TV!
  • gushgush Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Out of the blue - just had a call from Sony second line support (Egypt) that they are still escalating the issue with RT.

Spoke to a chap who seems to be on the case - he will be passing this onto third line support - whatever that is.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,328
    Forum Member
    gush wrote: »
    Out of the blue - just had a call from Sony second line support (Egypt) that they are still escalating the issue with RT.

Spoke to a chap who seems to be on the case - he will be passing this onto third line support - whatever that is.

Hopefully that will be passed to Sony :D - the Egyptian support line is just a third party call centre, not actually Sony at all.
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    I'm having the same problem has others, although in my case the TV (40EX503) crashes 20 seconds after turning to the channel.

Disconnecting the network lead is the only way for me to view the channel.

Took me a while to find the thread since it originally started with 4Music, which is fine for me but not a channel I usually watch.
    Forum Member
    Despite several conversations with Sony and further emails to christopher.bowen@eu.sony.com this issue remains unresolved.

The problem is that affected models like my KDL-37EX403 will power off and on again when watching certain UK FreeView channels. The TV will reboot when either watching the channel or moving from the channel to another channel. This was first noticed on 4Music - Sony provided a firmware upgrade PKG4.117EUL-0108 which stopped this happening on 4Music.

BUT it is STILL happening on mainstream channels like RT, E4+1 and 4Seven - it also happens on many of the streamed Freeview MHEG-IC channels 225 - 236.

The issue is related to the network functionality of the TV because if you disconnect the network cable or disable WiFi - the TV does not reboot when viewing any of these channels.

Sony's support staff seem unable to help and repeatedly ask me to factory reset my TV and question my network setup or even suggest I just disconnect the network cable.

This is intolerable, clearly Sony do not care about this issue and wish to ignore it.
    Forum Member
    I reported this back in August when the last firmware update caused these issues my set has been disconnected from the network since.

I think we have been abandoned by Sony, no doubt hoping we will go away and buy a new TV; well that may be the outcome in my case, and I certainly will not be buying a Sony again.
    Forum Member
    New update seems to have fixed the issues with RT;

Name: PKG4.118EUL-0108
    Date released: 23/06/2014
    Benefits and improvements:
    Improves your TV network applications, TV performance and BBC iplayer playability
    Restrictions: only for use with TV sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
    Forum Member
    The last update I got from Sony, back in March implied that they had Arqiva - the company which provides infrastructure and broadcast transmission facilities for the Freeview network, change something to resolve these issues. Indeed a few weeks later all my issues went away.

Perhaps this firmware update tidies up a few more things.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your television clearly has good taste.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Has this started happening again - I updated my Bravia to the new firmware at the weekend and now 4Music is causing the TV to switch off/on after apporx 10 seconds.>:(

Software version is PKG4.026EUA-0104
    Forum Member
    ernest wrote: »
    Has this started happening again - I updated my Bravia to the new firmware at the weekend and now 4Music is causing the TV to switch off/on after apporx 10 seconds.>:(

Software version is PKG4.026EUA-0104

Checked 4Music on my KDL-37EX403 with firmware PKG4.117EUL-0108 - seemed OK even after 5 mins or so.

Haven't checked fully though - that requires checking ALL channels, but the channels I usually watch have all been behaving themselves.

I do hope this issue has not returned - last time it required several emails to the CEO of Sony Europe before anything happened.