Options

Ryanair Hand Baggage

TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
Forum Member
I know that the rules are diferent from other airlines and for Ryanair it is 55 x 40 x 20cm.

We are not taking any hand luggage as such at all but my wife's normal handbag for the usual bits and pieces is a floppy one.

Has anyone had a good or bad experience with a ladies handbag that may fit but touch the sides?

This is my first flight on Ryanair and have to say I am not looking forward to it but there is no alternative for this route!

Departing Manchester if that is any help with the query.

TVMIA!

Comments

• Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    I see there is a similar post below. Apologies for duplication.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeeGee wrote: »
    I know that the rules are diferent from other airlines and for Ryanair it is 55 x 40 x 20cm.

We are not taking any hand luggage as such at all but my wife's normal handbag for the usual bits and pieces is a floppy one.

Has anyone had a good or bad experience with a ladies handbag that may fit but touch the sides?

This is my first flight on Ryanair and have to say I am not looking forward to it but there is no alternative for this route!

TVMIA!

As long as it fits into their luggage 'checker' you should be ok.
  • Options
    ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember you cannot take anything larger than 100mls in liquid form and miust be in a plastic bag of the correct size, Cant see the handbag will be that big, will it? make sure it weighs no more than 10kg as well
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TeeGee wrote: »

TVMIA!

It can be a hit and miss affair, depending on what airport your flying from

I have heard if your flying from london stansted, ryaniar staff are watching everyone with eagle eyes, ready to pounce, and claim there £50 baggage fee
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you think your over the weight limit stuff your pockets with anything heavy. It's only the weight of the bag they care about, not you.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    If you think your over the weight limit stuff your pockets with anything heavy. It's only the weight of the bag they care about, not you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelaccessories/8638096/The-flying-jacket-fooling-budget-airlines.html
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »

Now adays, your asked to empty your pockets, and if everything that should be in your bag, is in your very deep pockets, its going to cause problems, and very soon the airlines and security will get wise to this
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    Now adays, your asked to empty your pockets, and if everything that should be in your bag, is in your very deep pockets, its going to cause problems, and very soon the airlines and security will get wise to this

That's at security though, completely separate to the airline.