Amy 'simultaneously' pregnant

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
Forum Member
✭✭
Was reading about Amy Pond on Wikipedia and it states that she's 'simultaneously' pregnant on the Doctor's scanner, which I took to meaning as she's both pregnant and non-pregnant at the same time? Is it possible that we're taking the scanner continually flashing 'pregnant' 'not pregnant' just meaning it's currently scanning for a result or could it be possible that Amy exists as pregnant and not pregnant at the same time?
Mind boggling I know lol.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) It's wikipedia - anyone could've written that.
    2) I think it's that she's both. I still think it goes back to Idris being able to say things/ see things that would be in the future and thefore knows Amy will be pregnant soon but isn't yet, and gets confused.
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheGoan wrote: »
    Was reading about Amy Pond on Wikipedia and it states that she's 'simultaneously' pregnant on the Doctor's scanner, which I took to meaning as she's both pregnant and non-pregnant at the same time? Is it possible that we're taking the scanner continually flashing 'pregnant' 'not pregnant' just meaning it's currently scanning for a result or could it be possible that Amy exists as pregnant and not pregnant at the same time?

Or events that make her pregnant (in her past) have not yet happened, and are therefore still in flux.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or events that make her pregnant (in her past) have not yet happened, and are therefore still in flux.

This makes more sense
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I like this idea. Maybe there are two Amy's either alternate universes, paradoxes, dream state etc etc. One is in tardis not pregnant and the other is in room with that strange hatch peering woman about to give birth...:confused:
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    It could be due to quantum physics - the "thing inside Amy" flipping between states in two locations - or the Tardis' scanner could be knackered.
  • hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I think there are two Amy's. Maybe the one on the Tardis is a plastic Amy being controlled by real Amy held elsewhere or may be there are two universes colliding like in the pirate episode. One Amy is pregnant, one isn't - one of the Tardis, she's hardly grown a bump! Somehow the Tardis scanner is picking up the pregnant Amy as well as the non-pregnant one. Also the eye patch lady? Maybe she is the jailer of the real Amy and the tardis Amy is occasionally sees what the real Amy sees, maybe when the two universes collide?
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    It could be due to quantum physics - the "thing inside Amy" flipping between states in two locations - or the Tardis' scanner could be knackered.

Well, there was a large crack in it last year:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something is going to happen in a later who episode possibly that would make Amy pregnant in the past, I guess at around the time of TIA. Also when The Doctor aged 1100 (or whatever) said "you've put on weight" I guess he would have known about her being pregnant because it's already happened for him
  • teendudeteendude Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    I was wondering whether there could be a 'flesh' Amy?
    Forum Member
    I had half an idea - never regarded it as a seriously probability but I'll air it just in case it triggers something for someone else...

The image on the scanner - the "X-ray" for want of a better description - never moves so it needn't be a real-time scan of Amy. What if it's a scan of the pregancy that gave rise to Amy? The one thing that might possibly point to that (apart from the potentially ambigous wording in the scanner) is the use of her full name "Amelia Pond". The Doctor has generally used "Amelia" to refer to young Amy and - despite the Doctor's semi-teasing habit of calling her and Rory "Pond", the Tardis ought to get it right.

Like I say - not really a serious suggestion but I have this idea that won't go away. The following is not something I know for a fact- just a theory - but I'll spoiler tag it because it might suggest an outcome for the series with a very big twist...
    Amy is not what she seems and never has been and Rory is the real companion
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    TheGoan wrote: »

If you watch the scanner, it flashes between pregnant and not-pregnant slowly at first, then quickly. Then in The Rebel Flesh it follows the same pattern, but begins to slow down again, then speed up.

It is almost definitely showing the actual readings - not that it's currently scanning and has yet to come up with something. With the technology that makes up the TARDIS, it's very hard to imagine that a scan like that wouldn't come up with something instantly.

It is much more likely that the actual pregnancy is in flux because of some hither-to unknown action or recourse affecting the state of the unoverse, and that the fluctuating state of the pregnancy is an early clue (in my mind, the pregnancy is merely a macguffin that will be resolved, and is only a clue to the real happening itself).
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she gets cloned in next weeks episode and clone Amy gets pregnant... that would explain why the Tardis is baffled me thinks :p
  • mirrorman74mirrorman74 Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    allen_who wrote: »
    Maybe she gets cloned in next weeks episode and clone Amy gets pregnant... that would explain why the Tardis is baffled me thinks :p

nice theory
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tardis couldn't detect Silents. I think its a Silent baby.

Ewww :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Ja88ed wrote: »

That's a good idea which explains why the scanner is having trouble. It finds a positive and then forgets so carries on scanning.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benrees21 wrote: »
    That's a good idea which explains why the scanner is having trouble. It finds a positive and then forgets so carries on scanning.

My god, if one of those Silents can pull a girl like Amy there's hope for us all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    My god, if one of those Silents can pull a girl like Amy there's hope for us all

Yea I wish lol. I'm gonna stick with it's two timelines running simultaneous to eachother. And if it turns out the doctor goo is the one to die on the beach then SM better get another job.
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well you know what they say, big fingers big.....:D
    Forum Member
    She thought she was pregnant in TIA. DotM starts after a three month gap and more tme has passed since then.

Without going into details - she'd know by now because young women generally get an all-clear every month.

Either she's not pregnant or she's keeping something secret.
  • INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea I wish lol. I'm gonna stick with it's two timelines running simultaneous to eachother. And if it turns out the doctor goo is the one to die on the beach then SM better get another job.

i be so annoyed if thats the case:mad:
  • madasalorrymadasalorry Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    There´s two possible outcomes as far as I can see.

1. Amy/Amelia occupies two parallel universes at the same time - a result of living next to the crack for so long. In one universe she is pregnant - the other not pregnant. There´s something fishy about the way the Dr refers to her as Amy or Amelia on different occasions.

2. She is pregnant with a Silent baby which the Tardis sees in the scan then forgets - hence "Positive" and "Negative" results.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What Amy is a scientologist? :confused:
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree , and she was with the silents for 4 days .
  • Oktoberfest1991Oktoberfest1991 Posts: 123
    Forum Member

I started a thread (Amy's Pregnancy) on this possibility a while ago....

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1473092&highlight=
    Forum Member
    There´s something fishy about the way the Dr refers to her as Amy or Amelia on different occasions.

She was Amelia when she was little and it may just be the same way that parents (and wives :() use your full name when you've been naughty or they want to remind that they are the boss BUT it certainly could be clue. Note that the Tardis scanner says "Amelia Pond" - not Amy Williams.

I have my own theory on the scan and pregnancy - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1480028