Options

Wentworth (remake of Prisoner: Cell Block H) on Channel 5 (Spoilers in tags)

Comments

• Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PEARLY331 wrote: »
    I feel Channel 5 should be showing this is a later time slot, some scenes are far too graphic and offensive filth.

Regards
    Pearl

I hope you're a troll.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Soho wrote: »
    If they continue showing it at 10pm then a Friday or Saturday night might just be better. Wentworth would not be shown during the Summer months due to less TV audiences staying in during hot weather etc. Also people go on holidays and the winter months is the right time for peak expensive viewing.

Who exactly watches these days when a programme is shown? Modern audiences watch online at their leisure when they want to not when a channel dictates a person to watch.
  • Options
    Hank SchraderHank Schrader Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    I hope you're a troll.

She's probably just bitter because she envies all the 'offensive filth' that Frankie gets up to and wants in on the action :D
  • Options
    PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's probably just bitter because she envies all the 'offensive filth' that Frankie gets up to and wants in on the action :D

I find that highly offensive
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PEARLY331 wrote: »
    I find that highly offensive

Oh go back to Mumsnet.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Channel 5 must be showing it if the Facebook page for the UK fans is asking who is looking forward to it? I don't mind waiting as long as I know it'll definetly be shown. Would it definitely still be released on DVD in the UK even if no UK broadcaster ends up showing it?
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Channel 5 must be showing it if the Facebook page for the UK fans is asking who is looking forward to it? I don't mind waiting as long as I know it'll definetly be shown. Would it definitely still be released on DVD in the UK even if no UK broadcaster ends up showing it?

Hopefully it will be shown but if it isn't then you can buy the DVDs from one of the Australian sites. They are all safe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it will be shown but if it isn't then you can buy the DVDs from one of the Australian sites. They are all safe.

Ok cool I will do that if need be. Fingers crossed Channel 5 do show it though around the same time as last year :)
  • Options
    Hank SchraderHank Schrader Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched episode 2 and loved it. This show just gets better and better and is fast becoming my favourite show of all time. The scene with Boomer and Frankie near the end actually gave me a tear in my eye!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally in house for 3 mins. Saw this thread. When is WP comingo n again and which channel? Thanks. Xx
  • Options
    SohoSoho Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Who exactly watches these days when a programme is shown? Modern audiences watch online at their leisure when they want to not when a channel dictates a person to watch.

ok well if thats your attitude lets take it fully of mainstream TV then shall we? Doesn't bother me anyway I'm happy with the web and been getting well into Netflix recently. There is such a long wait for Wentworth that I've kinda forgotten about series and lost interest.
  • Options
    LiammaiLLiammaiL Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Oh my days

I don't think Wentworth has put a foot wrong in 3 seasons.

Episode 5 was again another amazing piece of television.

Everyone slowly but surely coming to the same horrific conclusion about ferguson, a few of them blackmailed to stand by her.

EVERYONE knows she's evil, but the ones in power have their balls nailed to the wall by her.

Ive got a feeling
    Jodie will commit suicide and leave Frankie and Bea without a witness to her behaviour

Veras trust is the Freak is now shot to pieces after learning that Ferguson didn't protect her in the riot.

What i love about this show is how invested you become in the characters. Its the first show for many years where i actually care about what happens to the women.

They haven't really killed many people off, especially from the main cast yet. When the inevitable happens to one of the good guys its going to be heartbreaking.

What a triumph this show is.

SEVERLY UNDERATTED
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LiammaiL wrote: »
    Oh my days

I don't think Wentworth has put a foot wrong in 3 seasons.

Episode 5 was again another amazing piece of television.

Everyone slowly but surely coming to the same horrific conclusion about ferguson, a few of them blackmailed to stand by her.

EVERYONE knows she's evil, but the ones in power have their balls nailed to the wall by her.

Ive got a feeling
    Jodie will commit suicide and leave Frankie and Bea without a witness to her behaviour

Veras trust is the Freak is now shot to pieces after learning that Ferguson didn't protect her in the riot.

What i love about this show is how invested you become in the characters. Its the first show for many years where i actually care about what happens to the women.

They haven't really killed many people off, especially from the main cast yet. When the inevitable happens to one of the good guys its going to be heartbreaking.

What a triumph this show is.

SEVERLY UNDERATTED

This thread is for Channel 5... :) We are hoping that C5 will resume showing WP one day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on if channel 5 are planning on airing season 3?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want longer seasons and I want them on my TV now!
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on when season 3 is going to be on yet ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A better channel needs to air this show as Channel Fail is run by morons.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing to happen would be BBC Two getting the rights for it and broadcasting season 1 to 3 back to back. Five really harmed the potential success of the show in this country. Its easily on par with the likes of The Fall and Happy Valley. There is a whole audience that have no idea its here.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    I have news.

It's back week commencing 18th July on C5. Exact date and time TBC, but probably Wednesdays at 10pm again.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    The best thing to happen would be BBC Two getting the rights for it and broadcasting season 1 to 3 back to back. Five really harmed the potential success of the show in this country. Its easily on par with the likes of The Fall and Happy Valley. There is a whole audience that have no idea its here.
    I don't think that's fair, they promoted it well and really got behind it when it first started over here. In fact if it hadn't been for them showing the trailer all the while for the first series, which looked really good, I might not have given it a go in the first place. It would probably get more viewers on BBC Two but so would anything. It didn't stop about 2m watching it when it premiered.

The biggest mystery is why more viewers haven't stuck with it, because it really hasn't put a foot wrong. All Five need to do is move it close to Australian pace, which might improve ratings. But for now I'm just happy they are still showing it over here in a good timeslot. It's not like we get much in the way of Australian drama series over here.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    I have news.

It's back week commencing 18th July on C5. Exact date and time TBC, but probably Wednesdays at 10pm again.

Thank you. Now all I need to do is look out for it a week before it airs so I can set my PVR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that's fair, they promoted it well and really got behind it when it first started over here. In fact if it hadn't been for them showing the trailer all the while for the first series, which looked really good, I might not have given it a go in the first place. It would probably get more viewers on BBC Two but so would anything. It didn't stop about 2m watching it when it premiered.

The biggest mystery is why more viewers haven't stuck with it, because it really hasn't put a foot wrong. All Five need to do is move it close to Australian pace, which might improve ratings. But for now I'm just happy they are still showing it over here in a good timeslot. It's not like we get much in the way of Australian drama series over here.

It could maybe suffer from being overshadowed by Orange is the New Black too? I know it's only on Netflix, but a lot of people at work and my friends all talk about how great the show is. I recommend Wentworth Prison and a lot of people are unaware of it, or they've tried it and found it too grim and gritty to carry on watching.

Maybe the grittiness of Wentworth puts a lot of viewers off and that's why it only has a small amount of viewers. It's a fantastic show though, the best TV series I've seen in a long time. Really pleased that Channel 5 are sticking with it.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have news.

YAY! :D

Thanks.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have news.

Brilliant news! Definitely something to look forward too. :)
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best news ever! Love this show.