What is your skincare regimen?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    It is very confusing, there is so much info on the subject I didn't know where to start either.

The most important thing is you use the most potent fish oil that you can get. A lot of companies will say they have 1120mg of omega 3 in their supplement but when you check the label it's only 360mg or something and the rest is filler. You would have to take loads of those every day to get any benefit.

Two very good brands are Nature's Best and Lamberts both have at least 700mg of omega 3; I'm using the latter one at the moment. They aren't that cheap but I'd rather pay a bit more to not have to deal with fishy burps :o that you are likely to get with the cheaper brands.

Whatever you choose don't buy Omega 3 6 9. We already get plenty of 6 and 9 in out diet (and it coud be dangerous to take too much 6) so you just need Omega 3.

Thanks for the info, that's very helpful:)
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Why do all these cleansing product have such long names??

a.m. water in the shower and a nivea day cream

p.m nivea wipes and nivea night cream.

I'm 43 and I think I have lovely smooth skin, I don't have many wrinkles either. I occasionally use a face mask but I always break out in spots afterwards, I'm fine when I stick to my simple routine.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    I agree wholeheartedly about the importance of cleansing. When I first started really taking care of my skin (or so I thought) I wasn't doing a double cleanse at night so I was applying serum and moisturising to skin that wasn't totally clean but couldn't work out why my skin wasn't responding to my products. Now I cleanse properly my skin is so much better.

Have a look at Lisa Eldridge's video on cleansing. http://www.lisaeldridge.com/product/12602/3-in-1-action-balancing-cleanser/tag/2436/ Yes it mainly pertains to make up removal which won't apply to everyone but the principle is the same cleanse effectively!
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My AM and PM routines are fairly similar...

AM

Cleanse: Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm (LOVE)
    Tone: Liz Earle Instant Skin Tonic
    Serum: Hydraluron
    Moisturise: Origins Balanced Diet

After work or whatever I remove my make up with Bioderma, and spritz on a bit of Caudalie Beauty Elixir as I like to do my proper cleansing routine just before bed.

PM
    Cleanse: Emma Hardie Balm
    Tone: Liz Earle Skin Tonic
    Serum: Hydraluron
    Moisturise: La Roche-Posay Toleraine

A couple of times a week (if I remember, I try not to do it too often then I end up forgetting all together!) I use Alpha H Liquid Gold, and once a week (I tend to be better at remembering this) I switch out my Emma Hardie for Origins Modern Friction (or add the rosehip thingys to the balm to make it scrubby) then use either my Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask or the Clear Improvements, followed by the Drink Up 10 minute mask :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning: St Ives face scrub, boots cucumber moisturiser

Night: Soap and glory cleanser but only because I got it for xmas, otherwise it would be boots cucumber face wipes and soap and water.

I'm nearly 36 and haven't got a wrinkle so no way I'm spending a fortune on expensive products. :D
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont really have a crazy routine just because I have good skin i guess and i dont really have anything to worry about or keep at bay.

AM:
    Nivea light moisturising day cream
    No7 eye cream

I dont clense in the morning. aint nobody got time for that.

PM
    Boots makeup cucumber wipe
    Lush ultraband cleanser
    Boots cucumber toner
    Lush celestial moisturiser
    No7 eye cream

Every few days I use the Superdrug polish exfoliator and occasionally a soap & glory deep pore cleanser.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Water on face- the end.

Any products even hypoallergenic causes my ezcema to flare up.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I use a Body Shop seaweed cleanser, toner and day/night moisturiser every morning/night and also use a exfoliating facial scrub in the shower a few times a week. I think I've left the night moisturiser at home so I bought a boots own range witch hazel one which I as worried might be a bit harsh on my skin but has been fine.

It all works great for me, as my skin can be quite sensitive with some products and these are all really gentle on my skin. Luckily I have never really had a problem with spots, but these products have made my face softer than I can ever remember it being and my face just looks so clear and fresh

I very much so recommend the range, especially if you have sensitive skin.:)
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superdrug Hot cloth cleanser. Cheap and just as good as the Liz Earle one.
    Superdrug Vitamin E eye cream.
    Boots Botanics Facial oil.
    Gatineau Melatoginine moisturiser.

Once a week I use Elemis Papaya face peel and Gatineau face melatoginine mask.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I also use the Liz Earle Products, love her cleanse and polish product with the muslin cloth! Great for rejuvenating my skin in the morning. For those asking about night time products I think the Clarins Extra Firming Night Cream is great. I'm not sure if I can post the link as it will be deemed as advertising, but The London Perfume Company have a relatively inexpensive range of Clarins products, this included, it works wonders if you have quite dry skin!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    right now the following:
    AM
    The Sanctuary Oil Cleanser (LOVE!)
    Clinique exfoliating toner
    Clinique age defence moisture (again LOVE!)
    Olay laser eye serum

PM
    Gatineau Melatoginine Cleanser (not keen wont buy again)
    Clinique exfoliating toner
    The Sanctuary radience oil or Lulu Timebomb oil stuff (cant remember name!)
    Olay eye gel

Couple of times a week either:
    Clinique 7 day scrub or Gatineau scrub
    Fab Pour face mask or Gatineau mask
    Liz Earle Eye Bright (LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!)
    Forum Member
    Great video from Pixiwoo featuring Caroline Hirons www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tRjufnWr8 it features cleansers and other skin care products
  • EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great video from Pixiwoo featuring Caroline Hirons www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tRjufnWr8 it features cleansers and other skin care products

Jesus, Caroline's skin is fricking amazing; dewy, soft and radiant. I'm just reading through her whole blog, she really knows her stuff!
  • LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    My skin care regime is:

AM: Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser
    Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion
    Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream/Moisturiser
    Clinique City Block Sun protection

Twice a week I use the Clinique 7 Day Scrub exfoliator on my face.

PM: Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser
    Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion
    Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream/Moisturiser

I have rosacea so I'm quite religious when it comes to my skincare routine :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Just hot water works best for me. I do also have a Garnier cleansing gel and Natural High anti-ageing eye cream that I use every now and again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AM - baby wipes for my eyes, clearasil wipes for face, then clarins eye revive for eyes and clarins BFB for rest of face.

PM - baby wipes for my eyes, clearasil wipes for face, clarins eye mask for eyes, nothing on face.
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love this video, is there anything she doesn't know about skincare?!
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esensuelle wrote: »
    Jesus, Caroline's skin is fricking amazing; dewy, soft and radiant. I'm just reading through her whole blog, she really knows her stuff!

I cannot recommend Emma Hardie cleansing balm enough!!!

It's a gorgeous product and really works. Takes everything off and my skin is so happy since I started using it.

It is pricey but you only need a teeny bit and my large jar has latest nearly 6 months (I even use it as an intense moisturising balm as well) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    I cannot recommend Emma Hardie cleansing balm enough!!!

It's a gorgeous product and really works. Takes everything off and my skin is so happy since I started using it.

It is pricey but you only need a teeny bit and my large jar has latest nearly 6 months (I even use it as an intense moisturising balm as well) :)

I might have to order me some of that - the reviews are amazing! And if it lasts as long as everyone says it does (6 months approx per pot?!), that makes it less than £6 a month for a cleanser. Bargain!
    Forum Member
    orangebird wrote: »
    I might have to order me some of that - the reviews are amazing! And if it lasts as long as everyone says it does (6 months approx per pot?!), that makes it less than £6 a month for a cleanser. Bargain!

It is a very nice cleanser, you should use it up in six months though, as the natural ingredients in the product starts to break down apparently. I've moved onto the Elemis cleansing balm now which I find to be better imo.

My routine has completely changed since my first post. :o

PS: There's an Emma Hardie TSV on QVC so you can buy it from there and if you don't like it you can send it back and get a full refund, minus postage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a very nice cleanser, you should use it up in six months though, as the natural ingredients in the product starts to break down apparently. I've moved onto the Elemis cleansing balm now which I find to be better imo.

My routine has completely changed since my first post. :o

PS: There's an Emma Hardie TSV on QVC so you can buy it from there and if you don't like it you can send it back and get a full refund, minus postage.

Cool, thanks for that! :)
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

QVC is where I got mine from, sometimes they do it on easy pay where you can spread the cost over 2 or 3 months.

QVC are brill for trying new products out, you can use it and if you don't like send it back within the 30 days. Have saved myself a small fortune being able to send stuff back my skin didn't like :) Am now a bit of a saddo and won't buy in high street shops unless I can get a sample to try that lasts a couple of days first as was fed up wasting money paying full price to try a new facial product only to find my skin hated it.

Just remember to keep all the packaging and paperwork so you CAN send it back if you don't like it (I put it all in the bathroom cupboard inside the box it came in so I don't recycle it by mistake)
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    jarryhack wrote: »
    Why do all these cleansing product have such long names??

a.m. water in the shower and a nivea day cream

p.m nivea wipes and nivea night cream.

I'm 43 and I think I have lovely smooth skin, I don't have many wrinkles either. I occasionally use a face mask but I always break out in spots afterwards, I'm fine when I stick to my simple routine.

I am sure that independent research has shown up expensive face creams, cleansers, toners and moisturisers all have basically the same cheap ingredients in, no matter what they claim.

I tend to have dry skin on my face - so use Simple Face Wash in the shower and then Olay with SPF or Neal's Yard Frankincense (for older skin) moisturiser.

I am 52 now and over the years tried lots of expensive brands like Clinique, Clarins and Liz Earle. I can honestly say that neither myself nor anyone else noticed any difference, so will no longer pay silly money for facial stuff.

I have also never used body lotion/moisturiser and according to independent opinion ;) have the softest skin possible......

I am often being told that I look younger than I am and put some of that down to not smoking, drinking a lot of water and good genes.

I read once that the only moisturiser that Joanna Lumley has ever used is Nivea - good enough for her, then cheap is good enough for me:D
    Forum Member
    *shrug* Folks should just do what suits them their purse and their skin...

I've tried Simple, Nivea et al during my teens and early 20s and all I got for my troubles was dull, tight, uneven skin. Call me vain if you will but I wanted a bit more than, I want beautiful skin and for as long as I can get it. I finally got more when I amped up my skincare, skin that I never had using cheaper brands. I enjoy using my products and I like the results that i get, especially when people keep asking what I'm using. ;)

Even if I couldn't afford to use my current products I would never got back to those high street brands. Oil cleansing is an excellent way of cleaning the skin and vitamin c powder is a very good skin brightener.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    I am sure that independent research has shown up expensive face creams, cleansers, toners and moisturisers all have basically the same cheap ingredients in, no matter what they claim.

I tend to have dry skin on my face - so use Simple Face Wash in the shower and then Olay with SPF or Neal's Yard Frankincense (for older skin) moisturiser.

I am 52 now and over the years tried lots of expensive brands like Clinique, Clarins and Liz Earle. I can honestly say that neither myself nor anyone else noticed any difference, so will no longer pay silly money for facial stuff.

I have also never used body lotion/moisturiser and according to independent opinion ;) have the softest skin possible......

I am often being told that I look younger than I am and put some of that down to not smoking, drinking a lot of water and good genes.

I read once that the only moisturiser that Joanna Lumley has ever used is Nivea - good enough for her, then cheap is good enough for me:D

I have never used body lotion moisturiser either and I don't have dry skin. Love Nivea, will never use anything else, and a bonus it is cheap :D