Options

Which Sitcom Classic Would You Like to Revive?

13»

Comments

• Options
    FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celebmania wrote: »
    Only if it went back to basics. One linear storyline in real time; no need for slapstick or musical montages (don't mind things like the dance scenes to Mambo No 5).

Think there is scope for Carole to become a main character as she has potential, but there is no need for jokes like leaving the Xmas tree up all year round to save time putting it up again and having the sofa being like Mary Poppins magical bag.

Think they can make use of shows like Pointless, Call The Midwife and The Apprentice for social commentary. Keep it in the lounge/kitchen of the Royles and don't go anywhere and don't have Denise as a lazy mother.

Agreed - on all points. I'd also want the kids to feature. It's getting a bit tedious (and highly unrealistic) that they're never seen any more. Sure Little David is now around the same age Anthony was when the series first started?!

I even think a few 30 min specials over the Christmas period would be better than the one hour long special. They seem to really struggle when it's stretched out that long...
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Spitting Image. Not really a sitcom, but they would have such a field day if it returned.

I can imagine what they would have made of the 2010 General Election :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Only When I Laugh.

A sitcom carried by a stellar cast, with every episode being damn funny. All four main actors are still alive and working. Does not seem any disagreements there. If ITV wants to create a 60 minute one-off episode in which Glover, Figgis and Binns find themselves sharing the same hospital room in their twilight years...
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can imagine what they would have made of the 2010 General Election :D

Politicians of today don't seem to have the personalities (good or bad) of the politicians of the 80s (and before). They all come across as PR friendly, set-speech quoting automatons. There don't seem to be the quirks and idiosyncrasies that would lend themselves to caricature.

They did try with 2D TV, though - which brough in celebrities as well as politicians.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine Friends in 2013? all the characters sitting around, heads down using Twitter
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    L_Roberts wrote: »
    Only When I Laugh.

A sitcom carried by a stellar cast, with every episode being damn funny. All four main actors are still alive and working. Does not seem any disagreements there. If ITV wants to create a 60 minute one-off episode in which Glover, Figgis and Binns find themselves sharing the same hospital room in their twilight years...

Or perhaps a care home that goes bust and they all end up on the streets; that would make more real to life. ;)