False "Get Gina out" chants ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I don't know why everyone is arguing about it:confused: I am a massive Gina fan but who cares if she got a 'chant', everyone gets boos and chants. She has done well so far and if it had been for you, she wouldn't have got any at all:D

Agreed! I'm well aware I'm in the minority. But hey, I don't go to the crowd very often so when I do I might as well chant how I feel instead of following the sheep in the crowd screaming insults at Hazel.
    Plus if Gina is going to be a winner, I want her to earn it, I don't feel she has yet. So if it spurs her on to do a bit more then even better !
  • Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    The chants really did not happen. One chant by one man is all. Seriously raged about this.

Why? The girl thinks of nothing other than how she looks - which btw isn't good.

She is empty-headed, superficial and a pretty pointless member of society. She is just another example of how money can't buy you class - or education come to that!
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    mickmercer wrote: »
    Lewis_Griffiths is adamant theirs was the only voice but we didn't hear one voice, so if they've taken that and multi-tracked it they've done it to create the effect it had. Simple.

To be honest I could only hear one clear voice on the highlights last night which fits with Lewis' version of events - it's unusual to hear one distinct voice when a housemate is being chanted.

I certainly didn't hear anything on Friday night though so you're probably right.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed! I'm well aware I'm in the minority. But hey, I don't go to the crowd very often so when I do I might as well chant how I feel instead of following the sheep in the crowd screaming insults at Hazel.
    Plus if Gina is going to be a winner, I want her to earn it, I don't feel she has yet. So if it spurs her on to do a bit more then even better !

Who do you think has "earned" it Lewis?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »

Definitely not Gina.
  • Amethyst05Amethyst05 Posts: 124
    Forum Member

So you don't want to be in the crowd shouting insults at Hazel but you will shout insults at Gina :rolleyes:

To be honest I wouldn't be bragging about being in the crowd that's embarrassing lol
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    To be honest I could only hear one clear voice on the highlights last night which fits with Lewis' version of events - it's unusual to hear one distinct voice when a housemate is being chanted.

I certainly didn't hear anything on Friday night though so you're probably right.

Listen to the section when Jack and Joe got saved. Specifically when everyone was chanting "GET fgdsgfd OUT!" you can hear me fairly clearly.
    Also, straight after Emma says For the last 5 days the public have been voting to evict... You can clearly hear me say Get Gina Out and her reaction to that.
    Forum Member

In my personal view (and that's all it is, a personal view, I love that everyone can have a differing opinion because that's what Big Brother is, where is the excitement otherwise?), the winner needs to be someone you can relate to. I cannot relate to Gina, I can't relate to how she speaks to and about people, I can't relate to her wealth and extravagant life and I can't relate to how spoilt she acts.
    So whilst I'm happy she's still there as she is at least somewhat entertaining, I don't think she should be a "winner" in my eyes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But this is only your opinion but I disagree with your description of Gina but we all see different things. judging by your user name, were you a Saskia fan? If so, seems a bit of an oxymoron

Saskia is not an uncommon name - it has nothing to do with any previous bb hms.

Gina is one of saddest characters on the show. She has nothing more to her than money - allegedly. I don't believe she has money btw - judging by her general appearance she hasn't a clue. If she had the money she claims she had - someone would have advised her better.

She is so jealous of Hazel it has become comical. She would kill to look like Hazel and her have her intelligence. Sadly she lacks both. If the majority of people in this world thought like Gina - god help us all.
    Forum Member
    Amethyst05 wrote: »
    So you don't want to be in the crowd shouting insults at Hazel but you will shout insults at Gina :rolleyes:

To be honest I wouldn't be bragging about being in the crowd that's embarrassing lol

I wasn't shouting insults at Gina? When I say insults I mean the people in the crowd during the highlights packages which you don't see shouting "bore off sl*g" etc when Hazel is on the screen.
    All I did was chant Get Gina Out. So nice try, but no dice :)

As for "bragging" - I'm not, I'm clearing up a debate which users of this forum are having. So thanks for being rude, but that's not needed, as I'm not being rude to anyone here.
    Thank you.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

So you are a Hazel fan then?
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    No, I'm saying that BB have played a crowd reaction into the house that was tampered with, in order to stir things up

Those loud chants were not heard on the live eviction show last night

that makes no sense , we were listening to the audio from the house , we heard HMs speaking .

the only difference is that on the live night we hear sounds from both inside and outside the house . so the crowd noise is jumbled or doubled in a way .

in the HL all the audio is coming from inside the house , we're only hearing what they hear at that point .
    Forum Member
    So you are a Hazel fan then?

To be honest, I wasn't at all. Last nights show and the way ex-housemates speak of her pretty highly has changed my mind slightly. But I wouldn't class myself as a "fan".
    She has her bitchy streak too, but I don't think she's "evil" or the devil incarnate as many people seem to.
  • Amethyst05Amethyst05 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I wasn't shouting insults at Gina? When I say insults I mean the people in the crowd during the highlights packages which you don't see shouting "bore off sl*g" etc when Hazel is on the screen.
    All I did was chant Get Gina Out. So nice try, but no dice :)

As for "bragging" - I'm not, I'm clearing up a debate which users of this forum are having. So thanks for being rude, but that's not needed, as I'm not being rude to anyone here.
    Thank you.

Well then you didn't explain it very eloquently and I wasn't being rude just giving my opinion.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I wasn't at all. Last nights show and the way ex-housemates speak of her pretty highly has changed my mind slightly. But I wouldn't class myself as a "fan".
    She has her bitchy streak too, but I don't think she's "evil" or the devil incarnate as many people seem to.

Do you think she has earned her place to be in th final or to win?

I think Gina has more than earned her place in the final, she's had everything thrown at her from both hms and BB and she's still there.

She can be a bit bitchy but then I think most of us are at times. She has a good heart and she truly is gobmsacked that she is still in there,she expected to be out weeks ago.

She has had some great things omitted on the highlights by BB, and she's had them setting her and Hazel off against each other and making her look the bad one.

All in all, definitely earned her place, so Gina to win?
  • AynuckAynuck Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Not at all. I was right in front of Emma's microphone. It was just me. Believe me, I'm the first to hit on the producers for meddling but I've heard it and I know it was just me, right by the microphone. There was no manipulation. How would the producers have known to turn up MY volume when they had never met me previously? They didn't know what I would chant.

Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy theory in Big Brother. The producers get a hell of a lot wrong on Channel 5 but this is NOT one of them, except for allowing the audience to be heard in the first place. But they revel in stuff like this. Drama creates ratings in their eyes.

During the live eviction show I heard a male voice, which surprised me if I'm honest, louder than the general chants shouting to 'Get Gina Out' and I wondered if it was from somebody planted by BB to mess with HM's heads, so thanks for shedding light on it and on your experience of being there.
    I dislike the Off Off Off chanting during the interview so well done for doing something positive instead and getting the crowd to follow suit. :)
    Forum Member
    Do you think she has earned her place to be in th final or to win?

I think Gina has more than earned her place in the final, she's had everything thrown at her from both hms and BB and she's still there.

She can be a bit bitchy but then I think most of us are at times. She has a good heart and she truly is gobmsacked that she is still in there,she expected to be out weeks ago.

She has had some great things omitted on the highlights by BB, and she's had them setting her and Hazel off against each other and making her look the bad one.

All in all, definitely earned her place, so Gina to win?

Haha you won't be able to convince me I'm afraid but I do like hearing your opinions.

Hazel in the final? Probably not, I did want her to be evicted on Friday as the other three have given far more entertainment in recent weeks than Hazel has.

But in some ways it would be nice to see some sort of redemption to Hazel before she gets chucked out.

I don't agree that Gina has had a harsher time in there than anyone else though.
    Forum Member
    Aynuck wrote: »
    During the live eviction show I heard a male voice, which surprised me if I'm honest, louder than the general chants shouting to 'Get Gina Out' and I wondered if it was from somebody planted by BB to mess with HM's heads, so thanks for shedding light on it and on your experience of being there.
    I dislike the Off Off Off chanting during the interview so well done for doing something positive instead and getting the crowd to follow suit. :)

Thanks! Yeah I wasn't going to allow that off off off rubbish to continue for Callum's eviction. He was shell shocked enough as it was when he walked out of that house without being tormented through an interview!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody said a while ago that when the crowd are chanting, Channel 5 try their best to get the microphone closest to the chants that THEY want to hear. If that makes sense.
    Forum Member
    Loopin wrote: »
    Somebody said a while ago that when the crowd are chanting, Channel 5 try their best to get the microphone closest to the chants that THEY want to hear. If that makes sense.

Whoever said that was talking rubbish in my opinion. I saw nothing like that when I was there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha you won't be able to convince me I'm afraid but I do like hearing your opinions.

Hazel in the final? Probably not, I did want her to be evicted on Friday as the other three have given far more entertainment in recent weeks than Hazel has.

But in some ways it would be nice to see some sort of redemption to Hazel before she gets chucked out.

I don't agree that Gina has had a harsher time in there than anyone else though.

Both she and Dexter did at the start, the others did as several on this forum have done and gave them no chance at all because "they were wealthy". They were up every week and had the others poking at them the whole time, so yes, they both had a hard time for the first few weeks.
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my personal view (and that's all it is, a personal view, I love that everyone can have a differing opinion because that's what Big Brother is, where is the excitement otherwise?), the winner needs to be someone you can relate to. I cannot relate to Gina, I can't relate to how she speaks to and about people, I can't relate to her wealth and extravagant life and I can't relate to how spoilt she acts.
    So whilst I'm happy she's still there as she is at least somewhat entertaining, I don't think she should be a "winner" in my eyes.

You were asked who has earned the right to be winner

You've answered why Gina hasn't. Fair enough but that's not what you were asked.

So who has earned it Lewis?
  • Summer KissesSummer Kisses Posts: 3,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saskia44 wrote: »
    Saskia is not an uncommon name - it has nothing to do with any previous bb hms.

Gina is one of saddest characters on the show. She has nothing more to her than money - allegedly. I don't believe she has money btw - judging by her general appearance she hasn't a clue. If she had the money she claims she had - someone would have advised her better.

She is so jealous of Hazel it has become comical. She would kill to look like Hazel and her have her intelligence. Sadly she lacks both. If the majority of people in this world thought like Gina - god help us all.

You can dislike someone without being jealous of them you know. Some Hazel supporters thrive on the word jealousy, & I think it's because they can't think of anything else to say.

I understand why Gina doesn't like Hazel & it's to do with how she acted with Daley. NOT, the girlfriend issue as much as her behaviour around him. Egging him on into a state of arousal, then sniggering etc etc. but this subject has been done to death, but if Hazel supporters insist on using the jealousy card, then Gina's supporters have a right to explain why it isn't so.
  • SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scarpa1 wrote: »
    Was Hazel up for eviction last week?
    Was Hazel booed last week?
    Hazel was booed last week because Emma announced everyone's names when she was informing the rest they weren't up. This week someone who wasn't up for eviction wouldn't get boos because there wasn't a point when Emma said their name. Simple?
    You can dislike someone without being jealous of them you know. Some Hazel supporters thrive on the word jealousy, & I think it's because they can't think of anything else to say.

I understand why Gina doesn't like Hazel & it's to do with how she acted with Daley. NOT, the girlfriend issue as much as her behaviour around him. Egging him on into a state of arousal, then sniggering etc etc. but this subject has been done to death, but if Hazel supporters insist on using the jealousy card, then Gina's supporters have a right to explain why it isn't so.
    Agreed. Anyway even if Gina was jealous I think Hazel is even more jealous of her wealth to be honest. Last night when she was talking to Charlie (the public) about Gina's wealth I sensed some jealousy. It's not like Gina goes around just talking about her wealth without being prompted, if they are discussing things they are going to be doing afterwards is it Gina's fault that she has the money to go shopping and host dinner parties afterwards? That's what she will be doing and it's not a crime. Or is Gina just expected to shut up when they are discussing this incase she offends the public that's doesn't have money
  • Summer KissesSummer Kisses Posts: 3,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hazel was booed last week because Emma announced everyone's names when she was informing the rest they weren't up. This week someone who wasn't up for eviction wouldn't get boos because there wasn't a point when Emma said their name. Simple?

Agreed. Anyway even if Gina was jealous I think Hazel is even more jealous of her wealth to be honest. Last night when she was talking to Charlie (the public) about Gina's wealth I sensed some jealousy. It's not like Gina goes around just talking about her wealth without being prompted, if they are discussing things they are going to be doing afterwards is it Gina's fault that she has the money to go shopping and host dinner parties afterwards? That's what she will be doing and it's not a crime. Or is Gina just expected to shut up when they are discussing this incase she offends the public that's doesn't have money

In fairness to Hazel I think it's because Hazel has to 'work hard' for her money. It can't be easy doing her job, especially the walk on Sports stuff, I'd hate it, I'd find it degrading, but that's just me, maybe Hazel enjoys her work, I'm not sure.