Paul Scholes out of retirement and on the bench today

2»

Comments

• John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame the game's at Eastlands but he's never been the sharpest has he?:rolleyes::cool:
  • mel1213mel1213 Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    John Dough wrote: »
    Shame the game's at Eastlands but he's never been the sharpest has he?:rolleyes::cool:

lol oops this is what happens when you get over excited about Scholes coming back and forget where you are :o:D
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even know he had retired =/
  • ajaaja Posts: 1,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    Terrible desperate stuff from Fergie. Absolutely dire...

We are now watching the last days of Fergie's reign!;)
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Apart from the mistake for City's second, he was generally very good - saw a lot of the ball and was accurate with most passes.

I think he can still do a job for us, especially as back-up - he won't play every game but he'll help settle the ship in midfield until we get more players back and fit again.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Scholes is still better than Lampard.

Absolutely outstanding player.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mourinho and Guardiola are probably scouring the villas of Spain now looking for Ronaldo, Stoichkov and Cryuff
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It says two things.

There is little money in the kitty for new signings.

The real top level Europeans would only join City or Chelsea these days
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    It says two things.

There is little money in the kitty for new signings.

The real top level Europeans would only join City or Chelsea these days

I don't think it says that at all. Rather that they have a quality back-up in place until they can bring someone else in. Scholes is never going to be first choice, but you wouldn't exactly be upset to have him as an option on the bench, would you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    It says two things.

There is little value in the transfer market.

The real top level Europeans will only join a club that will meet their crazy wage demands

Fixed for you.

Hopefully the new fair play rules will bring some sanity back into the football economy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scholes is never going to be first choice

Well, who is? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    Fixed for you.

Hopefully the new fair play rules will bring some sanity back into the football economy.

Woah woah woah. United are not averse to dipping into the insane market and paying massive fees. Young, Berbatov, de gea, jones, bebe in the last couple years. I agree they're better than the likes of chelsea and city, but I wouldn't say they had the purist attitude of wenger over this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, who is? :confused:

Dunno, but are you seriously suggesting that Scholes and Sir Alex have made this decision for him to slot straight back into the first team as a first choice player? I can't see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno, but are you seriously suggesting that Scholes and Sir Alex have made this decision for him to slot straight back into the first team as a first choice player? I can't see it.

Better than anyone else we have. It allows us to give players a chance to settle in, like Cleverly and the current youth team players who are meant to be breaking through right now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better than anyone else we have. It allows us to give players a chance to settle in, like Cleverly and the current youth team players who are meant to be breaking through right now

I'd have Cleverly in the team ahead of Scholes. Scholes is quality, don't get me wrong, but he's not of the age where he can play say, three full 90 minutes in a row.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Cleverly is injured, and so is Anderson. Their partnership is immense, but both of them are out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Cleverly is injured, and so is Anderson. Their partnership is immense, but both of them are out.

So Scholes is cover then, like I was saying?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Scholes is cover then, like I was saying?

No...

He's a midfielder that we signed because our current midfield is awful, so we have chance to sign new ones and let other players settle in... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...

He's a midfielder that we signed because our current midfield is awful, so we have chance to sign new ones and let other players settle in... :rolleyes:

The point I am trying to make is that when Anderson and Cleverly are fit, you'll be seeing Scholes on the bench, up until someone else is brought in...

He's not first choice. I don't think it's that hard to understand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point I am trying to make is that when Anderson and Cleverly are fit, you'll be seeing Scholes on the bench, up until someone else is brought in...

He's not first choice. I don't think it's that hard to understand.

He's easily better than Anderson :rolleyes:

Who do you support mate? :confused::)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    Scholes is still better than Lampard.

Absolutely outstanding player.

why was lamps picked ahead of him for england then? :Dactually reports suggest scholes un-retirement only came about after fergie couldnt get sign lampard,

some of thats jest,i just dunno why utd fans are obsessed with lampard when it comes to scholes,its not like frank did anything,get over it
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    why was lamps picked ahead of him for england then? :Dactually reports suggest scholes un-retirement only came about after fergie couldnt get sign lampard,

some of thats jest,i just dunno why utd fans are obsessed with lampard when it comes to scholes,its not like frank did anything,get over it

Frank stole his place in the England team, the heathen! :D