Going to Asda shirtless

starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
Forum Member
I needed some chicken for my dinner, so I decided to nip to my nearest Asda which is a 10 minute walk. As its so hot, I just wore my three quarter lengths, and no shirt. Despite quite a few people checking me out, I got approached by a man probably on his 60's who tutted and said people like me were disgraceful and that this over liberal attitude is the reason the country is going to the dogs.

What did he mean? Is there anything wrong with a man going to Asda (or any shop) with no top on? I feel we should be proud of our bodies, not ashamed.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, people can get a bit picky
  • Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people in ASDA think you looked a bit chavy then you probably did.

Can you tell the difference between being checked out and a look disgust.

:D
  • The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm fact or fiction
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Well you did look like a scuffer and a chav - not that ASDA isn't generally full of them anyway. Get some clothes on you scruffbag!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as you didn't go along picking chickens up, rubbing them over yourself and then putting them back.
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd get stopped at the door and turned away by the security guard in our Tesco. There are notices on the door warning you.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, the man was justified. Shirt off in your garden or on the beach but otherwise it is chav like and inappropriate to wander round the shops shirtless.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally, if your not in the garden or on the beach id rather see people with a shirt on.

thats just my opinion, it none of my business, i a stickeler for thoughs old-school, unspoken rules.....
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Tess-g wrote: »
    You'd get stopped at the door and turned away by the security guard in our Tesco. There are notices on the door warning you.
    I think it was Tesco who barred people from going in in their pyjamas and dressing gowns - it was the Tesco advert that showed a person shopping in their pyjamas and dressing gown :D

Only got themselves to blame there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    as they say in America... No Shirt, No Shoes, No service!
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I trust that you have plenty of tattoos, they are de rigueur at Asda.
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't want to see your gut, moobs and belly button fluff on display...especially near food. ........
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I think it was Tesco who barred people from going in in their pyjamas and dressing gowns - it was the Tesco advert that showed a person shopping in their pyjamas and dressing gown :D

Only got themselves to blame there.
    True :D

I have to say though, that as this is a seaside town we were getting more than a few coming in from the beach in swim wear. Believe me some of the sights were gross.
  • LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I don't think its appropriate to be shirtless anywhere other than the beach, your own home or Garden.

Funnily enough me and my husband were having this conversation earlier today, we went to our local City centre and several men were wondering around shirtless.
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I trust that you have plenty of tattoos, they are de rigueur at Asda.

....and a kid named Kayden, Jayden, Reece or Callum..
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    I needed some chicken for my dinner, so I decided to nip to my nearest Asda which is a 10 minute walk. As its so hot, I just wore my three quarter lengths, and no shirt. Despite quite a few people checking me out, I got approached by a man probably on his 60's who tutted and said people like me were disgraceful and that this over liberal attitude is the reason the country is going to the dogs.

What did he mean? Is there anything wrong with a man going to Asda (or any shop) with no top on? I feel we should be proud of our bodies, not ashamed.

fail to see the problem, you had some clothes on , old guy seems had been looking for something to complain about, you did nothing wrong imo
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this didn't happen
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit grubby, same with people who shop in their pyjamas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally if the lad has a hot body i don't object in the slightest. My only objection is that they aren't shirtless in my bedroom :p
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Luckyyem wrote: »
    Personally I don't think its appropriate to be shirtless anywhere other than the beach, your own home or Garden.

Funnily enough me and my husband were having this conversation earlier today, we went to our local City centre and several men were wondering around shirtless.
    That's going to make your swimming session a bit harder
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

It is considered uncouth to go to the shops improperly dressed. I can remember there always used to be signs in the men's public lavatories saying "Please adjust your dress before leaving."
  • ThatJoshThatJosh Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrong term used there. Personally, I believe in strong liberty and I'd have no problem with people being nude in public. The only reason we condemn it is because partial and full nudity has been sexualised.
  • LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    That's going to make your swimming session a bit harder

:D ....and swimming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This place seems to have more than its fair share of people who invent scenarios and post them for a reaction.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3/4 length what ?

You mean those fashion disasters that are either : trousers that are just a bit too short or shorts that are just a bit too long ?

My mind is made up now, the OP is an utter fanny.