Options

Is Gary doing a better job this year than Simon?

_Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just curious what people think of him a few weeks in.

Choose one 117 votes

Yes I prefer Gary
55% 65 votes
Mo I liked Simon better
29% 35 votes
I dont care about either
14% 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally much prefer him to Simon who in the last few years was becoming a one trick pony with his comments. Gary is doing well :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Cowell is king of the X Factor and Gary Barlow has just got the most boring voice ever!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    If the job is looking sexy, yes Gary wins....
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I prefer Gary. Gary has a bit of a mean streak but I think he's mostly honest. Simon always had an ulterior motive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _Venger_ wrote: »

Yes. Simon started off being gratuitously rude, or bored. He used to delight in winding Louis up and being horrible to Dannii.

In latter years he was so far up Chery's backside that he became a soppy parody of himself.

I really rate Gary (apart from putting Frankie through) but to be honest even my dog would do a better job than Simon.
  • Options
    daz_fdaz_f Posts: 6,642
    Forum Member
    Gary was my favorite judge but after admiting Frankie is his weakest singer and then booting Joe out have lost respect for him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon, with all the botox in his face, was never as robotic as Gary and his bland expressions.

Simon would have never booted James knowing his potential marketability.
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    Gary isn't as waspish with his one-liners, but he can be equally as blunt, and has shocked the audience with how forthright he's prepared to be. What he has over Cowell is a tangible sincerity. You could better place your trust in him. The Americans still think Simon is an honest Brit who shoots from the hip, but in Britain people eventually saw through that persona.

Simon would have sent home the same guy. He would recognise that Frankie has the teeny market catered for. He would also have found a way to get rid of or heterosexualise Marcus, whereas Gary won't do that. Simon would have had Craig singing lots of cheesy Westlife ballads, whereas Gary will probably take a slightly different approach and has already shown enough faith to allow Craig to choose his own song in week 1 and let him arrange it.
  • Options
    GravitationalGravitational Posts: 1,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much prefer Gary.
  • Options
    Too CloseToo Close Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon was fantastic years ago. But last year you could tell he got bored hence making stupid comments and making stuff up which he knew weren't true!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving Gary. A huge improvement on Simon Cowell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh gary is SO much better than simon cowell. vast improvement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary is a huge improvement on Simon Cowell. Imagine the disgusting and dishonest praises Simon would have lavished on those mediocre contestants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary's delivery is way better than Simon's. His crack to that twerp over skype on xtra factor was genius. Keep that up and he'll keep me happy.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I like Simon much better, Gary was way too harsh on Jonjo, he's trying so hard to be like Simon but it doesn't work
  • Options
    moose82moose82 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer gary
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _Venger_ wrote: »

No! Equally as bad at the acting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smithy57 wrote: »
    Gary's delivery is way better than Simon's. His crack to that twerp over skype on xtra factor was genius. Keep that up and he'll keep me happy.

Gary has got to be the worst actor with the most boring vocie everrrrr
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Yes, and he's not fawning over Kelly even though they are funny together.
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Think he's been a more interesting judge so far, but his mentoring hasn't been the best imo . . . leaving the choices for the category out of it, I think he could have done far better with his guys on the first live show - the one who did best was Craig and he chose his own song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Smithy57 wrote: »

You don't know me, so do me a favour and treat me with a little bit of respect. More on topic, I quite like Gary, even if he did insult me on national TV.

PS: Just so you know, Xtra Factor changed my question two minutes before I was due on air, so this reaction was set up.
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^
    Awkward...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    itsmedeano wrote: »
    You don't know me, so do me a favour and treat me with a little bit of respect. More on topic, I quite like Gary, even if he did insult me on national TV.

PS: Just so you know, Xtra Factor changed my question two minutes before I was due on air, so this reaction was set up.

LOL you legend...TELL US MORE. What was your original question?
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon was full of shit.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Super Frog wrote: »
    Simon was full of shit.
    Well there's obviously a lot of money in it!