Options

Worst Music Videos Ever

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next week's likely no.1 (although I hope Ella Henderson holds on) is Oliver Heldens vs Becky Hill - Gecko (Overdrive) and is yet another dance smash - doesn't really do anything for me but it may grow.

The video, however, is complete WTF? :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcZMCMI24gs

Not mentioning the weird tentacles/horror shit, I do get annoyed with the complete ridicule by youth culture of people over a certain age having sex. I also thought that the boy and girl were brother/sister which really would have turned my stomach but it turns out he's the boyfriend.

I can't see any music channel touching this one - guess they'll skip it completely or just show the first half minute as a montage.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    The next week's likely no.1 (although I hope Ella Henderson holds on) is Oliver Heldens vs Becky Hill - Gecko (Overdrive) and is yet another dance smash - doesn't really do anything for me but it may grow.

The video, however, is complete WTF? :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcZMCMI24gs

Not mentioning the weird tentacles/horror shit, I do get annoyed with the complete ridicule by youth culture of people over a certain age having sex. I also thought that the boy and girl were brother/sister which really would have turned my stomach but it turns out he's the boyfriend.

I can't see any music channel touching this one - guess they'll skip it completely or just show the first half minute as a montage.

I like that video.
    It is a gender role reversal...the woman growing tentacles represents her "penis" where she is "dominating" the man
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    There are lots of great songs protesting against the futility and inhumanity of
    war - "Fortunate Son" by C ClearWater Revival, "The Call Up" by the Clash,
    "War" by Edwin Starr, Bob Dylan's "A Hard Rain's a Gonna Fall" ....

...and then we have this patronising, OTT Culture Club atrocity, which is
    enough to make a Peace News -reading CND Quaker join the SAS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBd5W9IA7n0
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    This is either terrible or so terrible it's brilliant. I can't decide which.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOzUzJd6wM&hd=1

It's a spoof but it could have happened!
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    Sorry, don't know how to do links, but 'Dancing in the Street' by Bowie and Jagger made me cringe at the time, and when it suddenly appeared in an episode of 'Family Guy' I caught recently, the effect was the same.

I think Bowie's brilliant, but....yarrrghhhh. :o

I love that video so funny:D
    They had about 20 minutes to film that if remember rightly.
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    Worst videos

Madonna - Cherish (Mermen for crying out loud)
    Madonna - True Blue
    Donna Summer - Feels Like I'm In Love
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mistygal wrote: »
    Worst videos

Madonna - Cherish (Mermen for crying out loud)

Actually, I like "Cherish". And what's wrong with Mermaids and Mermen? It's a
    rock video- anything could happen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz_EqawkmTg

This was JUST released this week, but Robin Thicke's new video Get Her Back is one of the worst videos that I have ever seen. Such a shame because it is actually a decent song but the video really ruined it for me. It's creepy and I even got nightmares from it.
  • Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Two works of genius! So brilliantly cheap and cheerful videos with hilariously bad dancing BUT they were actually MEANT to be bad! That just makes them brilliant, in my books. So funny because they were soooo deliberately awful! :)

Faith No More - Everything's Ruined:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5irHyoRNcRY

Bobby Conn - Never Get Ahead:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm9dzLxLvxc

Lol at Everything's Ruined :D terrible video but I loved Mike Patton in that video...:kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Behold! The deluge of 80s excess that is Animotion's "Obession"! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Lec3m1pLY

I love the way it tries to be sexy and instead comes across as incredibly
    campy.
  • Options
    KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Boys boys boys by Sabrina. If you look closely her nipple pops out several times...

Apparently the video was originally recorded as a segment for an Italian TV show, which accounts for its, er... style. :D

Speaking of "if you look closely" there's one point where a dancer *very* briefly flashes a bit of underarm fuzz. (Warning; whole bloody video probably NSFW!)

No big deal to me, but if it came out today you can imagine someone would spot it and it'd soon be all over the Internet- "Ew, ew, gross.... shave you disgusting b****... I heard she has more than 1/2 cm of landing strip down there... I'm suing for trauma... yadda yadda".
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Two works of genius! So brilliantly cheap and cheerful videos with hilariously bad dancing BUT they were actually MEANT to be bad! That just makes them brilliant, in my books. So funny because they were soooo deliberately awful! :)

Faith No More - Everything's Ruined:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5irHyoRNcRY

Blur did the same intentionally tacky use of bluescreen for Girls and Boys. Similar to that ironic use of cheesy stock photography they were using on their albums around that time...
    If Excalibur had been directed by Kenny Everett instead of John Boorman, it might
    have looked like this Adam Ant atrocity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgQYp1UDn1k

I like some of his music, but this is just horrendeous. :(

To be fair, in that case, the problem isn't that it's *that* bad a video, it's that it's a godawful song. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men is *incredibly* low budget and cheesy, to the point it's actually sort of charming.

Even so, I suspect if they'd known it was going to be a big hit, they'd have spent more than $5 on the video...
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Concert videos AND any video that shows the singer singing in a studio
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kodaz wrote: »
    The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men is *incredibly* low budget and cheesy, to the point it's actually sort of charming.

Even so, I suspect if they'd known it was going to be a big hit, they'd have spent more than $5 on the video...

Two OTT divas and lots of scantily clad men? There's a certain type of gay man
    who LOVES stuff like that, and probably enough of them bought the song to
    make it a hit, regardless of the low-budget video! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two OTT divas and lots of scantily clad men? There's a certain type of gay man
    who LOVES stuff like that, and probably enough of them bought the song to
    make it a hit, regardless of the low-budget video! ;-)

Funny you should say that, because I thought something similar- it's a video that suggests it was originally marketed at that very specific demographic. :D

I'm willing to be they thought it might be a niche club hit, and budgeted it accordingly (and threw in lots of scantily clad men to make up for its obvious cheapness!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kodaz wrote: »
    Funny you should say that, because I thought something similar- it's a video that suggests it was originally marketed at that very specific demographic. :D

I'm willing to be they thought it might be a niche club hit, and budgeted it accordingly (and threw in lots of scantily clad men to make up for its obvious cheapness!)

Remember the Simpsons' episode "Fear of Flying?" When Moe throws a record
    out of the bar, it hits Smithers. Smithers is initially annoyed, but delighted when he
    discovered the record is "It's Raining Men!" :D
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lionel ritchie - hello
    olivia newton john - let's get physical
    billy joel - uptown girl (the video to the westlife cover version is even worse)
    r. kelly - trapped in the closet
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spice Girls - Viva Forever
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    lionel ritchie - hello

Ah, where she makes a bust of Lionel with cornflakes for hair. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think Lionel Richie's clay head was modelled on...

...the baddie from a late-70s Doctor Who story? :D

I seem to remember Richie saying he'd wanted to keep the bust as a souvenir or something (*) after the video was done, but by the time he asked about it, it had been thrown into the trash and was irrepairably damaged!

(*) Didn't get the impression it was for particularly egotistical reasons, Lionel Richie doesn't really come across like that...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    billy joel - uptown girl (the video to the westlife cover version is even worse)

Could never quite put my finger on what it was (and is) about Uptown-f******-Girl I disliked so much, but I don't think it had anything to do with the video.

It's a catchy song, yet there's something annoying or grating that I dislike about it at some fundamental level. Something that was probably seriously exacerbated by it being at number 1 forever- and irritatingly overplayed- when I was seven years old and had just started following the charts.

The video I vaguely remember being an 80s neon pastiche of late-50s/early-60s American culture, and I only probably recall even that much because bits of it appeared on TV more recently.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He follows a blind student from a class he teaches everywhere she goes and makes crank calls to her house breaking out into song and saying i love you and then hanging up, but then she makes a fugly statue of his head and it turns out she actually loves her creepy stalker back.
    I also think its pretty inappropriate to ask a blind person 'is it me your looking for'..:D
  • Options
    Pablo79Pablo79 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Debatable whether it's a music video, but it's visuals and singing: youtu.be/i41E0Ne-QE0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This awful video from Dannii Minogue , "This Is It" * where she wears an lemon-coloured outfit the average drag queen would reject as "too OTT" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1m-8PvpSBw

* More like "This Is Sh*t", amirite? ;-)