Options

Timothy West leaving Eastenders

Comments

• Options
    LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't like him at first the way the built him up though he was going to be a nasty price of work but always enjoy his pearls of wisdom he offers to the rest of the Carter's and even he's up to mischief.

Stan has grown on me a lot and will definitely miss him. Hope he's around for the mick/Shirley fall our at least!
  • Options
    TomTom Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Well given
    Sylvie Carter is supposed to arrive around Christmas time as well, and this article says Stan will make his exit over the Christmas break...
    I can't help but feel the two events maybe inextricably connected in some way.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Stan will die at Christmas.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not even slightly surprised but I will miss him. West is a brilliant actor and Stan is a great character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not even slightly surprised but I will miss him. West is a brilliant actor and Stan is a great character.

Agreed.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Stan so it's a shame that he is leaving. Like others have already said, I think that he will die.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    What a shame! I like him and will miss him. I like his sharp tongue. I expect he will die, maybe yet another heart attack on the square. If his real life wife is ill Timothy West probably only wanted to sign up for a shorter time. He's getting on a bit and Eastenders has likely given him a nest egg while he cares for his wife. He's a great actor.
  • Options
    CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was inevitable unfortunately. We've had a few references to his health so I see a death on the way. People don't realise that it is long hours on EE and his wife is ill. Will miss Stan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CriticFan wrote: »
    This was inevitable unfortunately. We've had a few references to his health so I see a death on the way. People don't realise that it is long hours on EE and his wife is ill. Will miss Stan.

This! Such long hours for a man his age with a sick wife must be hard. I wish them well.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    We were lucky to ever have him on the show.Top class actor.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    To be expected, but a great big, fat loss. I think he's brilliant as Stan. I will miss him.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were lucky to ever have him on the show.Top class actor.

Agreed. And what a pity Corrie didn't make more of him. So sad about his lovely wife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Agreed. And what a pity Corrie didn't make more of him. So sad about his lovely wife.

Oh I hadnt realised hed been on Corrie also?:confused::o
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it would be Danny that quits after only a year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »

Thank You.Im afraid over the past 2 years Ive gradually disenaged with Corrie.The last big guest actors I recall were Nigel Havers and Edward Woodward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it would be Danny that quits after only a year!
    Lots of people did! Apparently he wants to stay for the long term which is great news. I like Mick Carter and Danny's acting has been a joy to watch especially with the actresses who play Nancy and Linda.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that so many people are mourning the loss of the character more than the loss of the actor, because the character never really got going. I'm sad though because he's clearly a great actor and I think his character could potentially have been very good.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I can't say i'm surprised - Timothy West was never likely to hangaround long term. I guess we are lucky to have had him for a year and he has been a huge part in setting the Carters up as a viable family unit with a sense of history.

It's a shame we can't have him longer though.
  • Options
    james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame but he is almost 80. Not everyone his age is committed as June Brown is.

My guess is that the shock of finding out Mick isn't his son will kill Stan.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,315
    Forum Member
    I always thought this would be a short stay for Tim so it's not come as shock. I smile just glad he agreed to do the show as Stan is The Man. Best character we have had join the show in a very long while.
  • Options
    BarrieTBarrieT Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I think Stan killed Lucy Beale and his exit in January means they could film his scenes leading up to the live up by then & stay on as a surprise in the live ep
  • Options
    NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell would Stan kill Lucy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I always thought this would be a short stay for Tim so it's not come as shock. I smile just glad he agreed to do the show as Stan is The Man. Best character we have had join the show in a very long while.

I agree Scrabbler- it's been a real treat for us all.