do you think (some earth stories in countries other than Uk would be interesting)?

mousymousy Posts: 926
Forum Member
✭✭
It might be refreshing for dr who to venture out of london (or even uk)? Im getting a bit bored with it.

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Like last week you mean?
  • mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well it was kind of like Uk in a way lol albeit in space
  • sertonserton Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can people not give slightly more descriptive thread titles?
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    mousy wrote: »
    It might be refreshing for dr who to venture out of london (or even uk)? Im getting a bit bored with it.

Like the first ep in the English countryside? Or the upcoming
    Venice episode?
  • mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooo when is the venice one? that sounds good:)
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the first ep in the English countryside? Or the upcoming
    Venice episode?

Or last week's episode, which was effectively in space?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I get what you mean. I loved the Daleks in New York. A lot of it is very London orientated. I agree that somewhere different is required. Maybe somewhere like Japan or even somewhere in Africa.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see a story in Chicago or Canada
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    I'd love to see a story in Chicago

A gangster episode where the gangsters were fighting aliens would be quality
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    they should go to Asia :) somewhere like thailand or Japan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like an historical episode with NO aliens....

That would be good. Set in Britain or wherever I don't mind
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    serton wrote: »
    I'd like an historical episode with NO aliens....

That would be good. Set in Britain or wherever I don't mind

Me too, I liked the proper old style historical ones with no aliens, no monsters, just a cracking story. I mean, not all the time obviously, but I don't see why the odd one without an alien monster would be a bad thing.

The Aztecs, a First Doctor story with no aliens at all, is one of my favourite Doctor Who stories ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or The Romans... Now that's a cracking story as well...

What I find intriguing is that from the Doctor Who best story thread a lot of people were advocates of the early non alien stories.

I think the only one they did after 2nd Doc was Black Orchid and that was just a quick two parter, ideal length for new who ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or The Romans... Now that's a cracking story as well...

What I find intriguing is that from the Doctor Who best story thread a lot of people were advocates of the early non alien stories.

I think the only one they did after 2nd Doc was Black Orchid and that was just a quick two parter, ideal length for new who ;)

I haven't seen The Romans, sadly. I must look it out.

I loved Black Orchid, it's like all my favourite things together in one episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe in one episode the doctor could actually leave the planet earth. An entire ****ing galaxy, and he troubles himself with such a small, backwater planet.
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    they should go to Asia :) somewhere like thailand or Japan

Yes, have one set in Thailand. Aliens set up shop in Bangkok, but only allow females within their compound. Eventually DW + AP turn up, and both are allowed in. The Doctor discovers that they're here to prepare for an invasion, but that the human Y chromosome is deadly to them, so they're working on a virus that will kill all the men in the world. DW returns with an army of extremely convincing LadyBoys, infiltrates the compound, and the world is saved again.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe in one episode following the departure of Amy Pond the Doctor travels around Earth trying to find a new human companion. He travels to Thailand where he accidently befriends a transexual as his new companion thus a comedy of errors ensues.

I think I may have something going here, I should write to Moffat.

EDIT: ^^^^ WHOAH! SNAP! :eek:
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Maybe in one episode following the departure of Amy Pond the Doctor travels around Earth trying to find a new human companion. He travels to Thailand where he accidently befriends a transexual as his new companion thus a comedy of errors ensues.

My sample plot had an army of transsexuals, you only had one. I think this means that I win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    EIwood wrote: »
    Maybe in one episode the doctor could actually leave the planet earth. An entire ****ing galaxy, and he troubles himself with such a small, backwater planet.

Thats one of the troubles I have with it. When I was younger the Doctor went to totally alien planets. Now-a-days he never goes further than Harlow.

:cry:
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »
    My sample plot had an army of transsexuals, you only had one. I think this means that I win.

Yeah but my transexual has firebreath.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Hahaha, similar Thai Ladyboy thoughts a minute apart from each other!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like one with some Ancient Britons or other very "basic" civilisation. Maybe one about Stonehenge or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    I'd like one with some Ancient Britons or other very "basic" civilisation. Maybe one about Stonehenge or something.

Well looking at the season trailer you might get a little bit of your wish...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well looking at the season trailer you might get a little bit of your wish...

Seriously? You're kidding me! That's twice now that I've done that this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda off topic but i'd love to see an episode when Amy and The Doctor are held hostage by normal humans and all the Doctor is a barely functioning sonic screwdriver and a jammy dodger with no aliens involved (saying that it probably wouldn't be Dr Who. And it would also end with The Doctor having a plan it fails and Amy comes to the rescue again