Options

Update 3.50

mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since it coming on september 21st with Full 3D support what else would everyone like to see in this big update????

Comments

• Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cross game chat :p
    Delete-able trophies of my choosing.
    A major discovery of a 10 fold speed increase.

Just a few things to entice people into upgrading that were hanging out in the jailbreak scene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cross game chat would be cool
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it may have the ITV player and maybe that quriosity music service. The music service would be cool. The ITV player is a bit "meh"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes deletable trophies I agree with. I've got loads on my list from games I thought I'd like but didn't so got no trophies. MAG for example.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know really, not fussed about cross game chat, never chat to anyone ever. Not even IRL!! I hate people.
  • Options
    tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Spotify
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    knowing Sony there wont be much of interest. They have said the main focus of the update is the 3D movie support but then added that there will be a few other additions. I'd guess there will also be yet another security update behind the scenes also.
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumors that Facebook will now update what game you're playing on your wall.

and "Reporting" messages from the XMB - no more abuse from Noobs :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Why are updates on the Playstation 3 such a massive event? :D Just curious about this, its something the XBOX doesn't seem to go through very often, it may get little updates that nobody mentions or nobody notices. Every PS3 update seems to be greatly anticipated. Now that I'm a PS3 owner I can't wait for these updates, I had my 1st soon as I switched on for the first time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Capt.Smead wrote: »
    Why are updates on the Playstation 3 such a massive event? :D Just curious about this, its something the XBOX doesn't seem to go through very often, it may get little updates that nobody mentions or nobody notices. Every PS3 update seems to be greatly anticipated. Now that I'm a PS3 owner I can't wait for these updates, I had my 1st soon as I switched on for the first time :D

Well our software updates add support for the latest blu ray formats, and they enable fantastic aftermarket free updates such as 3D. :D

They're always fun like that.

You never know what Sony will surprise you with.

Tomorrow's technology, today. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capt.Smead wrote: »
    Why are updates on the Playstation 3 such a massive event? :D

We get excited about nothing normally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    We get excited about nothing normally.

Pretty much!

We always look on the bright side that something magnificent will happen... and often we don't even know if anything happened at all!

I'd like deleting trophy lists as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I just hope 3.50 doesn't see us losing any more features from our Consoles. Normally the updates since 3.15 have removed or blocked something. Pretty annoying. Think I'm going to stay on 3.41 for a while.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I just hope 3.50 doesn't see us losing any more features from our Consoles. Normally the updates since 3.15 have removed or blocked something. Pretty annoying. Think I'm going to stay on 3.41 for a while.

I'm curious, apart from OtherOS what else has been removed? Also, what's been removed in 3.42 that was in 3.41? Apart from a certain Piracy device compatibility?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly I quite like the option within 3.41 to backup and play my games off an External Hard Drive rather then keep putting wear and tear on my Fat 60GB Blu-Ray Drive. Shame Sony have removed it, rather then work on a way to offer it genuinely to people who'll use it for the correct reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly I quite like the option within 3.41 to backup and play my games off an External Hard Drive rather then keep putting wear and tear on my Fat 60GB Blu-Ray Drive. Shame Sony have removed it, rather then work on a way to offer it genuinely to people who'll use it for the correct reasons.

They didn't remove that feature, as they never added it in the first place.
  • Options
    pedrolondonpedrolondon Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    i would like to see extra firmware security to prevent further hacking
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    i would like to see extra firmware security to prevent further hacking

This is something I would like to see as well, I have invested too much money in the system (well over a grand) for me to be getting pissed off at those who try and screw the rest fo the community and developers by hacking the system.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might be dreaming here but i'd like to see something like sky player or similar
  • Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleting trophys
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there's no cross game chat in 3.50. just extra security features, xmb reporting and facebook crap.
  • Options
    mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No ITV player?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wiseguy100 wrote: »
    there's no cross game chat in 3.50. just extra security features, xmb reporting and facebook crap.

Its with updates like this that you can see why people are trying to unlock the console to install their own features and add-ons. Yet another update I won't be applying to PS3. I mean 3D hardly a great development. From what I've seen of it I won't be going down that road. Don't want to spend a fortune on a new TV and then have to sit there all the time wearing glasses if I want to watch it.
  • Options
    pedrolondonpedrolondon Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Its with updates like this that you can see why people are trying to unlock the console to install their own features and add-ons. Yet another update I won't be applying to PS3. I mean 3D hardly a great development. From what I've seen of it I won't be going down that road. Don't want to spend a fortune on a new TV and then have to sit there all the time wearing glasses if I want to watch it.

what a load of rubbish

if you dont like PS3 terms, then why dont you just play games and homebrew on a linux pc, i think thats the open system you crave.

and people are just trying to unlock to play pirated games, wise up son!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a load of rubbish

if you dont like PS3 terms, then why dont you just play games and homebrew on a linux pc, i think thats the open system you crave.

and people are just trying to unlock to play pirated games, wise up son!

Do you just troll these forums to try to start fights???

you've just been added to my ignore button:D