Arrow Season 3 - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much but I think The Atom came first and he can shrink to subatomic levels (hense the name) and can't call ants his ally. If i'm not wrong.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    oh my oh my oh my that ending
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    oh my oh my oh my that ending
    Indeed, quite a devious one he is. Not much honour in his moves either (considering the nature of the League, up to a point).

I have a theory too, revolving around Sara. Posted this in the Flash topic too, but:
    There's a scene I've watched in a teaser (upcoming episode) that has Lance find out all about Ollie, and I'm pretty sure that Lance is talking to Ra at another point in the scene.
    It's also confirmed that Cathy (the lass who plays Sara) has been cast in the team-up series (though it's not been confirmed who shes playing just yet).

Assuming for the moment that Cathy is playing Sara, then my theory of her still being alive is that she was never dead, or if she was, she'd have be healed. There's two ways around this:

1) The arrows Thea fired were coated with a drug (known to Ra) that merely incapacitates the body, putting the body into a stasis of sorts. Whether this is Ra's doing, or Merilyn I'm unsure, but there's a chance (especially in this universe) that the drug not only puts the body into stasis, but also preserves it.

2) The Lazarus Pit (this is the theory I've shared on the Flash topic) but we saw Ra heal his hand remarkably quick, and I ponder whether he'd strike a deal with Lance along the lines of "you give me Oliver Queen, and I'll bring back your dead daughter." There's no other reason Lance would (seemingly) aid Ra.

Either scenario would go some way to redeeming Malcolm, lessening Thea's guilt, and setting up Sara's Black Canary for the team-up series.

Edit: And we saw Shado? Ollie never thought to mention that to Slade over the last handful of series? Might have saved the lives of countless people (including his mum) if he'd revealed she wasn't dead. Wonder if the Lazarus Pit was involved with her (she was shot in the head if I remember right)
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    So are we going to see the Atom from the comic in this show? By that I mean in the comic he can shrink his body to be very small but maintain his strength and such at that level. Or is he just iron man?
    For what it's worth, I hope they don't take this route. They've got (some sort) of creative licensing with these characters; suddenly having someone around that can shrink to god-knows-what-size just wouldn't be credible.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Indeed, quite a devious one he is. Not much honour in his moves either (considering the nature of the League, up to a point).

I have a theory too, revolving around Sara. Posted this in the Flash topic too, but:
    There's a scene I've watched in a teaser (upcoming episode) that has Lance find out all about Ollie, and I'm pretty sure that Lance is talking to Ra at another point in the scene.
    It's also confirmed that Cathy (the lass who plays Sara) has been cast in the team-up series (though it's not been confirmed who shes playing just yet).

Assuming for the moment that Cathy is playing Sara, then my theory of her still being alive is that she was never dead, or if she was, she'd have be healed. There's two ways around this:

1) The arrows Thea fired were coated with a drug (known to Ra) that merely incapacitates the body, putting the body into a stasis of sorts. Whether this is Ra's doing, or Merilyn I'm unsure, but there's a chance (especially in this universe) that the drug not only puts the body into stasis, but also preserves it.

2) The Lazarus Pit (this is the theory I've shared on the Flash topic) but we saw Ra heal his hand remarkably quick, and I ponder whether he'd strike a deal with Lance along the lines of "you give me Oliver Queen, and I'll bring back your dead daughter." There's no other reason Lance would (seemingly) aid Ra.

Either scenario would go some way to redeeming Malcolm, lessening Thea's guilt, and setting up Sara's Black Canary for the team-up series.

Edit: And we saw Shado? Ollie never thought to mention that to Slade over the last handful of series? Might have saved the lives of countless people (including his mum) if he'd revealed she wasn't dead. Wonder if the Lazarus Pit was involved with her (she was shot in the head if I remember right)

It might not have been worth mentioning to Slade because she might have died in China when Oliver was there, or worse still is she working with the people pursuing Oliver and the kid then maybe Oliver killed her himself. If thats the case I think that would antagonise rather than appease Slade.

Also since this is a comic book show that woman could also be a halluncination/twin/clone of Shado rather than the genuine article
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a relief to me that the Who Killed Sara? story arc is now phasing out. There were times its darkness become quite overwhelming that I feel its heavy weight throughout the 15 episodes so far aired. It was becoming too underbearable for me that I was glad for the more jovial Flash.

I thought it strange that the Arrow would be aiming arrows at the thieves, but I didn't expect it to be Ra's. Quite a twist that, and at last! the Arrow has revealed its villian.

Laurel Update: Still fecking annoying.>:( I noticed how Oliver didn't even include her as part of the team working to make sure the cops returned home to their families. In a conversation with Felicity, he mentioned Diggles and Roy. Not much of an endorsement; still not even a back-handed compliment, lol.

However, I did like the Laurel/Nyssa hook up. Things might be looking up for her soon.:) It would be good to see some training scenes 'coz Nyssa is one cool fighting warrior. Shame she's an assassin tho, but I guess you can't win them all. I mean, rooting for someone who doesn't think twice about wanting to kill someone isn't a person I ought to root for so readily, I don't think, lol . And finally, one thing is for sure, Laurel needs to lighten up: let something good to happen for her because I'm kinda of getting exhausted with her moroseness that's been going on now since season 1.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I know it's a trivial thing to get annoyed about, but, once again, they made it seem like Nanda Parbat is a 20 minute flight away from Starling City. It's really annoying the way characters keep getting there and back a few times in the same episode.

Good episode, but I wish Ollie had better reasons for not taking Ra's' offer. I think it would be a more interesting path if he did take the position - especially as it would mean more Nyssa.

Was this week the first scenes Ray and Ollie have had since the premier?

Also, Shado. That came out of nowhere and I couldn't even tell if that was really her. Better not be.
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Good episode, but I wish Ollie had better reasons for not taking Ra's' offer. I think it would be a more interesting path if he did take the position - especially as it would mean more Nyssa.
    I'm expecting a bit more from Nyssa anyway; she'll ultimately take over when Ra does eventually eat dirt. It's inevitable. We know Ollie isn't going to take the position, and we know Ra wants to call it a day. There's only one plausible candidate left; Nyssa.
    Also, Shado. That came out of nowhere and I couldn't even tell if that was really her. Better not be.
    It was definitely the same actress, though whether it was the same character, that's anyone's guess.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm expecting a bit more from Nyssa anyway; she'll ultimately take over when Ra does eventually eat dirt. It's inevitable. We know Ollie isn't going to take the position, and we know Ra wants to call it a day. There's only one plausible candidate left; Nyssa.

It was definitely the same actress, though whether it was the same character, that's anyone's guess.

BIB - or perhaps Malcolm Merlyn will somehow take over and cement his place as Green Arrow's arch nemesis
    Forum Member
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    BIB - or perhaps Malcolm Merlyn will somehow take over and cement his place as Green Arrow's arch nemesis
    Uhm, yeah. Over Nyssa's dead body. :o

If Merlyn becomes Ra, then Nyssa will meet her demise in the process; she wouldn't stand for Merlyn becoming head of the League. You're right though, he is a potential candidate. One of these two will likely take over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be cool if Merlyn lived up to his name "The Magician" and he pulled a Loki on Ra's. Using some kind of drug in his death bed and having Ra's hallucinate him as Nyssa and annoint him his successor. Only for his final image before "fade to black" is his sight clearing up to reveal Merlyn on the throne of asgar....sorry Nanda Parbat. Slight play on Thor.

Or not. Just a shame as I really think Ollie taking over would be an amazing twist. He could take over and then disband the league. Ra's did say they were the most loyal.
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    Or not. Just a shame as I really think Ollie taking over would be an amazing twist. He could take over and then disband the league. Ra's did say they were the most loyal.
    As interesting a twist as it would be, I honestly can't see them pulling it off. What would be the point of Ollie taking over, only to disband the league? If he took over for any other purpose, then the show would stop being Arrow.

Either Merilyn or Nyssa will be leading the league by the Season finale.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he would take over to rid the world of a group of assassins and get them off his back. Then by season finale he is back as the Arrow in Starling City, Maseo gets to go back to his wife (i'm guessing the kid gets killed by the fact daddy is a master assassin and mummy is a tree person that or Oliver gives up freedom to have him taken to safety which is why Maseo is in debt to Ollie so much) Anyway, Ollie takes over, flies out to Nanda Parbat on the 6:55 flight, arrives at 7:10, gets inducted, spends an epsiode as the new Demons Head and at the end gives some big feedom speech and sends everyone packing. All in a days work before he is home for tea at 18:23.

Then next season you can have a rogue faction start up claiming they didn't want to be broken up and they have restarted the league only now it's *Shock* Malcolm who leads them. Being all nicey nicey was only a ploy. Now he has a small army of renegade assassins at his command and plans to take control of Starling City. Oh the humanity.

I like it :) or not. lol
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    noooooooooooo whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

anyways once again a couple of superman nods towards mr rouths
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I agree. Wtf. I refuse to believe its true.

Still loving the stunts and the background score was really good this episode.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Kinda dull this week - the Suicide Squad needs better members. Where was Bronze Tiger? If Deadshot is gone for good I'll be really pissed.

Love the way Ollie walked off and left an electrocuted Roy behind.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Kinda dull this week - the Suicide Squad needs better members. Where was Bronze Tiger? If Deadshot is gone for good I'll be really pissed.

It made me chuckle. Sadly, it was the best part of the episode for me.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bronze Tiger is no more, he died in the Arrow 2.5 comic.
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I found the episode quite poor. A lot happened, but I think too much happened. This episode should have been split in two; one episode focusing on the Suicide Squad, and the other on the Ollie/Ray dynamic.

The episode felt rushed, and the Suicide Squad has been reduced to only a single member now (I doubt Deadshot is dead, but it's making him out to be - so there's only one member left); I don't know where all the others are, but (I think) Bronze Tiger was removed due to the Suicide Squad cinematic feature version of him or something(?)

And yeah:
    Poor, just poor. The only thing about the episode that we might be anticipating is whether felicity gets an Arrow in her or not.

The Flash show has got a lot more going for it at the moment, I hope Arrow can get back to being awesome next Season if it fails to live up to expectations in the second half of it's current Season.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »

For anyone wanting to look at this note that the spoilers are mainly for The Flash.
    Forum Member
    R82n8 wrote: »
    That looks awesome, though I ponder whether they should have had Ray join them in that scene? More the merrier, right?

Not too sure how useful the guy on the left is going to be - considering. :p
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that's not another skewed timeline ^^
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That looks awesome, though I ponder whether they should have had Ray join them in that scene? More the merrier, right?

Not too sure how useful the guy on the left is going to be - considering. :p

LOL. You're cruel!:D
    Forum Member
    Nihonga wrote: »
    LOL. You're cruel!
    hah, hardly, but lets look at the facts:

One has a nice outfit, and Arrows

One has the ability to Flame Up and Fly

and

Two have super speed and the ability to manipulate time (if they choose it)

How are Arrows going to compare to Speed, Fire or Flight? :p