Options

What type of watch do you wear?

13»

Comments

• Options
    gkmacgkmac Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    This is my watch.

Quite a bit different from the rest. The 24-hour clock face is a constantly updating pie-chart of when the sun rises and sets, so it's exactly half-and-half on the equinoxes, the white part is biggest on the summer solstice and it's not hard to work out what it looks like in the winter.

As well as that, you can turn the digital time-display off leaving just a single hour hand slowly creeping over the hours. So the long day at work isn't seemingly longer by glancing the minutes number that increases slowly...

That particular one isn't being made anymore, but there are newer models that also predict moonrise and moonset... if you really want to know when that happens.
  • Options
    timeytimey Posts: 19,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wear a sundial.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product.asp?cid=1&pid=479

This is mine (apart from slightly different Hands) Mine is about 15 years old now, feel naked without it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    I wear a Omega " De Ville", I love it. I also have a gold Rotary and a automatic Citizen.
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Radio Controlled Casio Waveceptor - you can't rely on mobiles as they drift too much :(

http://www.idozona.hu/katalogus.php?n=ad&kod=598

Alas the battery has died today :( - mind you I brought it while at uni (probably around five years ago) and haven't changed it yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cartier tank francais....but it needs to go away for a service :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No watch for me.

Not because I don't want one -- I have about ten of the things spread around the house.

Problem is, every watch I've ever owned brings me out in a rash. Plastic, leather, stainless steel, cheap nickel, gold-plated or Titanium, all the same.

Pain in the neck (or should that be arm) it is.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a rotary, traditional type with a leather strap. It finally died on me a few months back and I haven't replaced it. Now rely on the mobile phone for the time.
  • Options
    Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    A Police one :D As in the designer not the job.
  • Options
    misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 5 year old stainless steel Adidas adventure chronograph which hasnt ever been off my wrist.
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheap watches. I break them all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I have a nice Breitling Hercules, very large and heavy, keeps good time but I only wear it for best due to the cost, I also have a nice Panerai GMT also costly, the one I wear most is a Traser with luminous Viles on it, they shine without needing to be charged up by a light.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a cheap child's analogue watch with large numbers so I don't have to put on my reading glasses when I need to see what time it is. :o
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand anything around my wrist, so I don't own a wrist watch.

I have a pocket watch that I use if ever I wear a suit, which is rare these days, so normally I just go by my phone.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I have several watches, including a brand new rather expensive one that I bought about 6 years ago, but have never worn because the bracelet is too big (and keep forgetting to have it done).

I never wear a watch indoors, but my going out watch is a Storm watch with chrome bracelet, ultraviolet coloured dial and lunar numerals. I love it so much, that I have forgotten all the rest.
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,468
    Forum Member
    Citizen automatic diver's watch. It's been very accurate over the two years I've owned it. It averages about a second a day, and depending on how I sit the watch at night, I can make it go, on average, a second fast a day or a second slow a day, so don't need to manually change the time, other than when the clocks go forward and backwards. Have had watches since a child, so would feel naked without one.

I do have another watch sitting around, which is an analogue/digital Accurist world time watch, but that hasn't been used since getting the Citizen.
  • Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got 3 watches and never wear any of them.

Sometimes I wear my gold Gucci one I bought years ago (when I was living at home with my mum & dad and could afford it then) if I'm going somewhere and want to look smart.

I just use the clock on my mobile phone now if I need to.

I also have a diving watch and also a cheap Swatch watch.

I'm always tempted buying another watch even though I never wear them for some reason (like a am with torches).

I'd like a nice Omega one, but can't offord it.
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a Seiko kinetic diver's watch. Was sceptical about this kinetic technology, but 3 years on it keeps perfect time and the seal will never need breaking to change the battery!
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Pirates of the Carribean analogue one that I got at Disneyland!
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    I have a Gold Rotary 'Dress' watch. It was a 21st birthday present and still keeps very accurate time. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,588
    Forum Member
    I have a Tag, limited edition watch which I wear all the time. Although I am right handed, I wear it on my left wrist.
  • Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    A basic Sekonda one (not digital).

I am very restricted on what watches I can wear due to allergies and this is the only metal one I've found that doesn't cause me problems. Prior to that I had to wear all plastic ones.
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    dont wear a watch... no need with other gadgets..

i had a nike sports watch which stopped working after 2 years.. gave up...
  • Options
    FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have got a number of swatches (pretty ones with stones in the straps and stuff) and a very cute nurses fob that my Dad bought me after I looked after him when he was ill (I did always want to be a nurse, I think he thought if he got me the watch I'd feel like I almost was one! aaahh)

fF