Showbiz and Mortality - 2009 A Bad year

83ray183ray1 Posts: 2,963
Forum Member
✭✭✭
2009 hasn't been a good year for show business. We've lost Wendy Richards (Pauline Fowler), Farrah Fawcett, Jade Goody and Micheal Jackson.

It does go to show though - No one is immortal - not even the biggest of stars.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thousand of people die every day including famous ones.They just do not generate a fuss such as is being made over MJ though quite why his death after years and years of self abuse comes as any shock beats me. PR to sell albums to pay off those insane debts.?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    83ray1 wrote: »
    2009 hasn't been a good year for show business. We've lost Wendy Richards (Pauline Fowler), Farrah Fawcett, Jade Goody and Micheal Jackson.

You're right...and to think that, that bloody Jim Davidson is still around!!!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone was saying the exact same thing this time last year.

People die, famous or not......and that ain't gonna change anytime soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pmsl at funny thread title - it's like death only started this year.

Was the op drunk?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member

Not sure JG should be mentioned when talking about the biggest of stars! :p
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you forgot David Carradine, Patrick McGoohan, Ricardo Montalbán, Bob May, John Martyn, James Whitmore, Ron Silver, Natasha Richardson, Andy Hallett, Marilyn Chambers, Bea Arthur, Dom Deluise to name a few
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure JG should be mentioned when talking about the biggest of stars! :p

True, Natasha Richardson was another...
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RacerWelsh wrote: »
    pmsl at funny thread title - it's like death only started this year.

Was the op drunk?

I restrained myself from replying yesterday for fear the OP was being heartfelt.:D

Oh my God, no one is immortal - you mean I'm going to die too.:(
  • skinleyskinley Posts: 52
    Forum Member

Really?:eek: You mean they die like normal folk?

I'm shocked!
  • SILLY SUESILLY SUE Posts: 5,499
    Forum Member
    You can add Tony Hart to your list of people who have died this year. Loved his interaction with Morph on his art programmes. :D

When I heard that Tony Hart had died I thought "aww - how sad". Not sad in a devastating or tragic way, just that as a child I had watched him on the TV and remembered him fondly. :)
  • skinleyskinley Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    We've lost Wendy Richards (Pauline Fowler), Farrah Fawcett, Jade Goody and Micheal Jackson.

Did you know any of them personally? have you even met any of them?

Didn't think so.

Their families have lost them, you have merely lost (or gained) a page or two in next weeks gossip mags.

PS. If you and Michael Jackson were so close you might have taken the time to spell his name correctly.
  • fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    you probably don't know who billy mays is there, but hes basically more famous than farrah fawcett ...esp for people who are younger. plus he died in his prime. jacko and fara died way past their peaks.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and we are only half way thru the year who is going to die next?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skinley wrote: »
    PS. If you and Michael Jackson were so close you might have taken the time to spell his name correctly.

.....Not to mention committing the age-old mistake of spelling Wendy's name as 'Richards' with an 's' rather than 'Richard'.

Just to be pedantic.......:D

Believe it or not celebrities are not immune from death. ;)

There are folk of varying levels of fame dying all the time, but some are obviously not going to be household names in the way that the likes of Michael Jackson or Farrah Fawcett, etc. are.