Ewan Mcgregor and his adopted daughter...

ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watching Wimbledon there and Ewan McGregor is there with his little daughter that he adopted in Mongolia. They looked so happy kissing and cuddling before they even noticed the camera was on them. I hadn't seen her before, what a lovely little girl.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's such a little cutie isn't she? I thought it was so sweet to see them together :)
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah thank you. I saw him on wimbledon and wondered who she was. I didn't know he had an adopted daughter.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    why did he adopt a daughter? personal fertility reasons, or was it a humanitarian choice? give a child a better life etc..

I have to admit to not knowing this either.. well done anyway Ewan..
  • ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    why did he adopt a daughter? personal fertility reasons, or was it a humanitarian choice? give a child a better life etc..

I read he met her on his Long Way Round bike travel when she was two and her parents had died.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

he has kept it quiet. I read (not sure if its right but seems to fit with him) that when he first had her, he had banned any talk of her in interviews etc. he wanted to keep it a private family matter. Her adoption wasnt talked about as much as Madge and Angie's children.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    he has kept it quiet. I read (not sure if its right but seems to fit with him) that when he first had her, he had banned any talk of her in interviews etc. he wanted to keep it a private family matter. Her adoption wasnt talked about as much as Madge and Angie's children.

Gosh that's brilliant, isn't it. (if true)

That's the way that Angelina and Madge should have done it, but alas.....nooo. :mad:
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

Very wise of him and congratulations to him :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay. More Ewan looking particularly hot:o watching Andy Murray and doing a Mexican wave.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

I can't say I particuarly follow Ewan, but I genuinely had no idea he'd done this. Not his biggest fan, but this puts him way up in my estimation, the focus is obviously the child's welfare and providing a secure and loving home, and not everyone knowing how wonderful Ewan is.
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the way that Angelina and Madge should have done it, but alas.....nooo. :mad:
    Madonna has hardly courted publicity about it. She only ever one interview with Newsnight in an attempt to calm people down the first time and it never worked.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Pity I didn't saw it. I'm a big Ewan fan, I knew about his daugher, but the newspapers are forbidden by court to photograph his kids, interesting that he took her to Wimbledon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww. :)

This is the first I have ever heard of him have an adopted daughter.

He seems such a genuine guy.
  • skinleyskinley Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    First of all I'd like to say that I automatically disliked Ewan MacGregor from day-one, just because of his Scottishness.
    (how bigoted of me, but hey, I can't help what goes on inside my head.)
    But then I watched his programmes about biking across Africa etc. And saw what a genuinely nice bloke he is, I'm not at all surprised that he has adopted a child from a less fortunate background than his and given her a far better start in life than she could ever have hoped for.
    I doubt he did it for fertility reasons, but even if he did, he is a top bloke and the world would be a better place if there were more people like him.
  • IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I particuarly follow Ewan, but I genuinely had no idea he'd done this. Not his biggest fan, but this puts him way up in my estimation, the focus is obviously the child's welfare and providing a secure and loving home, and not everyone knowing how wonderful Ewan is.
    He's incredibly protective of his kids. You never saw them on Long Way Round/Down and he absolutely ripped Heat magazine a new one over them publishing papped pics of his children.

He called it "a dirty, filthy peice of s**t".

He's right!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2003/may/15/pressandpublishing.privacy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member

Perhaps they tried but perhaps the ruddy press got in the way. There's a price for everything and perhaps the amount MadAnge were prepared to pay to keep it quiet was less than the amount the press and papers could make from selling the story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is unfair as both ladies did not "court" attention but are so high profile unlike Ewan they cannot avoid it short of going to live on some empty island.

I read in The Age an Aus paper an excellent articl written by the head honcho of USA tabloid gossip mags People and In Touch and he admits they take the people most rabbited about, slap in a photo and make up some story which may or may not have one grain of truth in it and if people believe it all then it is up to them as public tend to love the negative stuff or bigged up "love affairs".It is all about mud and slander and sex and what sells most copies for $$$.It made me feel quite sick.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's hardly in the same league as Madge or Ange, it's hard to keep something a secret if you are Madonna. He does not bring the same kind of attention on himself.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    He's hardly in the same league as Madge or Ange, it's hard to keep something a secret if you are Madonna. He does not bring the same kind of attention on himself.

If you can, you must watch Jacques Peretti's 'Madonna and Mercy: What Really Happened?' (C4, last night, 2000hrs), better than a lot of his hatchet jobs on celebrities. It conveyed how Madonna operates a kind of "boutique" adoption out of the orphanages of Milawi and that she has brought with her Kabbalah gurus, as ominous as any scientologists, to attempt to create a kind of Kabbalah colony.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ewan and his wife already have two biological daughters of their own, so presumably it would have been a humanitarian decision - but as already mentioned, he keeps his personal life private and rarely discusses his family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even notice the little girl-was too busy drooling over seeing Ewan!
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    emma30 wrote: »
    I didn't even notice the little girl-was too busy drooling over seeing Ewan!

Snappity snap!

Good thing we have loads of movies where he's naked to ogle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snappity snap!

*swoons*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snappity snap!

Velvet Goldmine.:D

And the Rhys Meyers too.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ValLambert wrote: »
    Velvet Goldmine.:D

And the Rhys Meyers too.:D

Stop it....! I can't be thinking these thoughts at this time of day!...oh sod it....yes I can!