Never buying from Marks and Spencer again (Resalable condition)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I see someone is suitably OUTRAGED.

Christmas does bring a lot of anger out in people doesn't it?.

Relax, chill out, have a hot drink and some chocolate you'll feel better.
  • cribologycribology Posts: 1,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see someone is suitably OUTRAGED.

Christmas does bring a lot of anger out in people doesn't it?.

Relax, chill out, have a hot drink and some chocolate you'll feel better.

hot drink and some chocolate, no no no

JD and Coke, yes yes yes.
  • Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cribology wrote: »
    How can you guess it smells like a wet dog when you dont know what a wet dog smells like? Baffling.

Not really. I don't own a dog but I still know what a dog smells like when it gets wet. I've lived for a few years and encountered a few dogs during that time - both wet and dry!! ;)

I was just suggesting that it would be the sort of smell on a garment - like cigarettes or chip fat - that might alert a shop assistant to think an item had been worn.

But you knew that anyway. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I dont routinely look past the person at the til at the back wall when buying goods and my sofa is fine thankyou.

Aha, so you know where the notice is? :)
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I call the thing I sit on in the lounge a settee :o I do call it the sofa sometimes too, but i also call it a settee.

Am I a chav ? I didnt think i was. I dont own a baseball cap or swig cider out of plastic bottles.
  • The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I call the thing I sit on in the lounge a settee :o I do call it the sofa sometimes too, but i also call it a settee.

Am I a chav ? I didnt think i was. I dont own a baseball cap or swig cider out of plastic bottles.

A Semi chav?
  • cribologycribology Posts: 1,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aha, so you know where the notice is? :)
    I do now I went back to check.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am talking pin head sizes, nothing worth making the jumper non resellable.

Even just laying it down... No way would they collect even the most minuscule of fur balls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what does it mean if you call it a couch? ( not saying that I do, ..but just wondering....)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought sofa was an Americanised word and settee was the English version?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I say sofa.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whirliegig wrote: »
    what does it mean if you call it a couch? ( not saying that I do, ..but just wondering....)

I call it that as well.

I have an awful lot of names for the leather thing in my front room :confused:
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No that's a chav at 15, an adult chav just goes around in big trakkies, usually overweight, owns a deep fat fryer, smokes a lot, has expensive things on HP, is generally loud, whiffs a bit, shops at ASDA and doesn't realise they are a chav at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I call it that as well.

I have an awful lot of names for the leather thing in my front room :confused:

ahhh...but do you ever call your front room the lounge? ;)
  • Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loubogroll wrote: »
    I'm quite relieved to hear M&S don't take back clothes covered in sofa molt!

:D

OP this thread didn't quite go the way you were hoping for, did it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahhh...but do you ever call your front room the lounge? ;)

Isn't a lounge what they have on a cruise ship?? :D

What if your living room or drawing room is at the back? :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    Isn't a lounge what they have on a cruise ship?? :D

What if your living room or drawing room is at the back? :cool:

then your front room is the parlour. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    then your front room is the parlour. :)

Our only front room is the study. Our house is a quirky back-to-front design and almost all our windows are at the back of the house because that's where the nice view is!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our only front room is the study. Our house is a quirky back-to-front design and almost all our windows are at the back of the house because that's where the nice view is!! :D

Now you're just being deliberately contrary.
  • PunkchickPunkchick Posts: 2,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do now I went back to check.

Yes and it is a pretty big sign isn't it, you don't even need to look past the checkout person because you can't miss it!

Even if the huge sign wasn't there, I think it is generally understood that you can't take back goods that have been soiled or damaged in any way, which clearly this jumper was. If your sofa does this to a garment just laying on it, what does it do to the clothes you wear while sitting on it :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now you're just being deliberately contrary.

Sorry... :o:D
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think cribology should take the sofa back for a refund if it's moulting that badly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    I think cribology should take the sofa back for a refund if it's moulting that badly.

Where would one buy a fluffy sofa? :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where would one buy a fluffy sofa? :cool:

Shearling is very "in" this year. There's quite clearly a gap in the market.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I have always found M&S to be one of the best for refunding or exchanging..my mother in law always buys me something to wear from there for Christmas..but always chooses something pretty ancient looking..and whilst i am no spring chicken i am not ready for the ldie section yet!..These are probably the only things I change anywhere unless there is a problem with something and I have never been refused..even without a reciept!

However the items I have taken back to exchange have been put straight into a carrier bag and kept clean and fresh before returning...I cannot see how a jumper just laying on a sofa can get bobbly..may be if it was on there for a while and sat on therefore worn a little..

If it couldnt be sold again then you really cant expect them to take it back.

I cant fault M&S myself.