S4C2 possible Freesat exclusive?

RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,314
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's only a test slide on Freesat atm and has been taken off the Sky platform.to save money

I wonder if it will be shown on (the cheaper) Freesat?

I know the thread jokes about this now being a Freesat exclusive, but I wonder if it will be so. The channel, AFAIK, still exists and is broadcast on DTT in Wales.

Source:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=44247888&highlight=#post44247888

Comments

• Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah. $ky has 11m viewing households, Freesat has possibly 1m. If you're on satellite you want to be on $ky. I expect the satellite feed will cease eventually. The $ky EPG sale occurred about 4 weeks after the Royal Welsh Show and last use of the channel. I am pretty certain that when the FreeSat EPG invoice reappears, it will not be paid. The S4C website listing is blank; it used to say something like "no programme" in Welsh. It's a dead channel, gone to meet its maker and join the heavenly choir of invis..........

How many channels are Freesat only these days? S4C2 could remain on Freeview as it is replaced with QVC whrn off air. But I think it's a gonna.
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,595
    Forum Member
    The 202 EPG slot on Freesat will be of interest to other broadcasters with it being high up and next to the main BBC News and Parliament channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. $ky has 11m viewing households, Freesat has possibly 1m. If you're on satellite you want to be on $ky. I expect the satellite feed will cease eventually. The $ky EPG sale occurred about 4 weeks after the Royal Welsh Show and last use of the channel. I am pretty certain that when the FreeSat EPG invoice reappears, it will not be paid. The S4C website listing is blank; it used to say something like "no programme" in Welsh. It's a dead channel, gone to meet its maker and join the heavenly choir of invis..........

How many channels are Freesat only these days? S4C2 could remain on Freeview as it is replaced with QVC whrn off air. But I think it's a gonna.

I never watch the Eisteddfod, but S4C 2 was live for it last month for a week. That is after the Royal Welsh, but agree
    its on its way out. You dont rent on astra for 52 weeks and only use it twice.
  • JamesBsheppardJamesBsheppard Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Just another example of S4C wasting taxpayers money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S4C2 closed on Freeview yesterday, it closed on $ky sometime ago, therefore it is now officially a Freesat exclusive. :D:D
  • MOBMOB Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    S4C2 closed on Freeview yesterday, it closed on $ky sometime ago, therefore it is now officially a Freesat exclusive. :D:D

Are you an exiled Taff? :cry: You show more interest in S4C than any of us here in God's Country? :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just glad they have started to stop wasting taxpayer's money; and that means taxpayers from all of the UK.
  • terryklterrykl Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just glad they have started to stop wasting taxpayer's money; and that means taxpayers from all of the UK.

The day they stop wasting taxpayers money will be the day they come off air completely!!
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the complaints about S4C have been from those that have only been offered S4C INSTEAD of channel 4, i.e analogue in Wales before it turned off.

I don't think too many complain about having S4C as well as channel 4 to choose from.
  • robse28robse28 Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    if anyone wants to watch channel 4 in Wales they can always tune it in on non freesat mode. If they are complaining about it being freeview why are they complaining in the freesat forum?
  • angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to other websites S4C2 is now gone from Freesat. I have not checked yet and Psychic TV has been added on 652.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    angustay wrote: »
    According to other websites S4C2 is now gone from Freesat. I have not checked yet and Psychic TV has been added on 652.

Still on mine showing a caption and nothing on 652.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S4C2 does seem to be on my box as well despite the information on Join Freesat. Although Psychic TV has been added.

Sorry all:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully psychic TV hasnt been added to my box which has saved me the trouble of deleting it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flyer 10 Thankfully psychic TV hasnt been added to my box which has saved me the trouble of deleting it.

To true
  • JamesBsheppardJamesBsheppard Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    I deleted S4C & S4C2 as soon as I installed Freesat so no idea if S4C2 is still on Freesat but with the viewing figures for S4C being so low I can't see any justification for a second channel or a HD version, just a wast of money!