My Nan Text me this morning saying....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
"They both deserved to win, as long as Matt isnt taking drugs anymore"

Anyone have any ideas where she may have heard about this from? She reckons it wason TV this morning.

Comments

• kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG your nan can text! How old is she?

:eek:
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG your nan can text! How old is she?

:eek:
    It's not very difficult.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All nans can text now.

By the way, is it text me or texted me? I tend to say sent me a text as I don't know the correct word to use for the past tense of the verb to text!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote: »
    It's not very difficult.

My Nan is 71,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    All nans can text now.

Mine can't.. not without sending me 10 blank texts first anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mother in law is 74 and has an iPhone. She is always telling me about her latest app.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bex-nicole wrote: »

I am not one to comment on Matt's looks but that school picture of him does make him look like a young Johnny Vegas unfortunately...
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    I am not one to comment on Matt's looks but that school picture of him does make him look like a young Johnny Vegas unfortunately...

I cant read the sun website, its blocked at work...what drugs has he supposedly taken??
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny Vegas is quite sexy for a fatty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant read the sun website, its blocked at work...what drugs has he supposedly taken??

He smoked dope which no musician has ever done before or possibly will ever do again. :eek:
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He smoked dope which no musician has ever done before or possibly will ever do again. :eek:

OMG that's more shocking than Christina performing a Burlesque routine from her film called 'Burlesque' . Didn't see that coming! Must complain to Ofcom
    Forum Member

Is that it??
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mother and nan both text. They have to send everything in upper case though for some reason.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that it??

And this:
    Matt, 27, told how he was thrown in the cells for being drunk - and smoked cannabis while running wild with mates.

He said: "We were stupid idiots. But X Factor changed my life."

Matt admitted he had been bumming around going nowhere, mindlessly boozing away the nights with pals and experimenting with drugs.

He was twice arrested by police - once after cocaine was found in a car he had been driving.

Embarrassed Matt said: "I was a rebel, drifting about having a laugh and a drink with mates. I never went mental but I was stupid."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Is that it??

A story over nothing, who hasn't especially being a musician
  • cyberwarcyberwar Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He only had cocaine in his car. He was a rebel, drifting about having a laugh, so its not big deal.:rolleyes:

It would have been unfair for the Sun to do a smear campaign on the favorite from day one, it probably would have ****ed him up.;)

I wonder if Simon had a few words with his friends in the media, and they agreed to release it after the show, as Matt was favorite from day one.
    If that is the case, then that just not fair as other previous contestants have been outed for drug etc, during the show.
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member

When i was younger it was a regular weekend thing, cheaper than booze! :D

At least all the posters who started threads saying Matt is boring can now say they were wrong.
    Forum Member
    I can see why my nan was shocked, but its nothing really is it.
  • Truth_HurtsTruth_Hurts Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't really be enjoying the same programmes as your nan to be honest.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    My mother and nan both text. They have to send everything in upper case though for some reason.

Maybe your nan is slightly deaf so your mum has to shout.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cyberwar wrote: »
    He only had cocaine in his car. He was a rebel, drifting about having a laugh, so its not big deal.:rolleyes:

It would have been unfair for the Sun to do a smear campaign on the favorite from day one, it probably would have ****ed him up.;)

I wonder if Simon had a few words with his friends in the media, and they agreed to release it after the show, as Matt was favorite from day one.
    If that is the case, then that just not fair as other previous contestants have been outed for drug etc, during the show.

The News of the World did a big story on Matt and his drug bust in October so you are 100% incorrect with your comments.

http://www.newsmediaimages.com/celebrity-article-16999-matt-cardle-arrested-over-coke-stash-sort-of/
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    Maybe your nan is slightly deaf so your mum has to shout.

PMSL :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NightFalls wrote: »
    When i was younger it was a regular weekend thing, cheaper than booze! :D

At least all the posters who started threads saying Matt is boring can now say they were wrong.

Most people under 55 have probably experimented a bit with illegal substances.
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't really be enjoying the same programmes as your nan to be fair.

Why not? My nan is well down with the kids, her fav programs include Big Brother, The Apprentice and The X Factor.

I am proud of her!!