Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephanie Beacham - absolute class!

Were lucky enough to get tickets to see Strictly the week after she left. Somehow or other she got stuck with us plebs in a corridor waiting to go into the studio. Immediately took charge of the situation by asking us who we were supporting, and saying how great all the other contestants were. Very chatty, down to earth, funny and oozed class.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewie_C wrote: »
    Stephanie Beacham - absolute class!

Were lucky enough to get tickets to see Strictly the week after she left. Somehow or other she got stuck with us plebs in a corridor waiting to go into the studio. Immediately took charge of the situation by asking us who we were supporting, and saying how great all the other contestants were. Very chatty, down to earth, funny and oozed class.

Oohh, posh totty, and so pleased to hear she was so nice to you. I used to have fantasies about her when she played Connie, but I was only 17 at the time.
    Speaking of dancers, I spoke to someone in my local who met Babs Lord out of Pans People and he said she was a really nice girl.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    My cousin used to live practically next door to her. She never met her or even saw her the whole time she lived there.
    Doesn't she live in like, some remote woodland or something lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Doesn't she live in like, some remote woodland or something lol

She has a house near Reading and some holiday home on the south coast. While none of her true fans have ever stalked her, Kate did get some real grief from this academic.
    I thought about seeing her birthplace when I was in London in the mid eighties, but thought it would be better to leave her family or her Kateness if she was there alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    John Prescott - sadly shared a train carriage too often. He is nothing more than a loud, rude yob who is obnoxious to everyone and seems to keep an unlimited supply of pasties in his briefcase. The sight of him on a Hull Train with pasty gravy all down his tie when he was still Dep PM was amazing.[/QUOTE]

Shame to read this but not surprised. Always quite liked him though. Found him charming on the few occasions I had any dealings with him. He seemed to know how to handle people - but as we know has his failings, especially where women are concerned. Glenda Jackson was twinkly and lovely. Alan Johnson is an absolute darling.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Heard some odd things about Kate Bush recently. Seemingly she is trying to block a public right of way and a beach in Devon, where she has a second home, and is so obsessed with her privacy she even went up in a helicopter to see if people were looking into her garden.

I wouldn't say she's obsessed with her privacy, per se, she just wants to lead a completely normal life and raise her son. I don't think she's trying to block access to the beach, but she does want the existing right-of-way diverted so it doesn't go straight past the house. It's odd because you'd really have to want to badly find that house, because it's pretty hard to just stumble across it by accident. It's away from other houses and quite a way down a dead-end lane on a headland. A stalker did actually break into the house a few years back, but luckily she wasn't staying there at the time.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NortyBette wrote: »
    Shame to read this but not surprised. Always quite liked him though. Found him charming on the few occasions I had any dealings with him. He seemed to know how to handle people - but as we know has his failings, especially where women are concerned. Glenda Jackson was twinkly and lovely. Alan Johnson is an absolute darling.

Delighted to hear this! I find her to be one of the most powerful actresses I've ever seen, and totally agree with her politics. She's one of the few remaining Labour politicians who clings to the old tenets of the party and had the guts to challenge grinning PR-man, Blair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    I wouldn't say she's obsessed with her privacy, per se, she just wants to lead a completely normal life and raise her son. I don't think she's trying to block access to the beach, but she does want the existing right-of-way diverted so it doesn't go straight past the house. It's odd because you'd really have to want to badly find that house, because it's pretty hard to just stumble across it by accident. It's away from other houses and quite a way down a dead-end lane on a headland. A stalker did actually break into the house a few years back, but luckily she wasn't staying there at the time.

Was the stalker an infamous biographer by any chance?
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard some odd things about Kate Bush recently. Seemingly she is trying to block a public right of way and a beach in Devon, where she has a second home, and is so obsessed with her privacy she even went up in a helicopter to see if people were looking into her garden. Also she seems to go ballistic if anyone catches a glimpse of her in garden in her main home.
    However, the singer usually is kind to her closest friends and perfectly fine with fans at occasional conventions. It's just she can't stand anyone near her private world.

I was amazed to see how much weight Kate Bush has put on when she received her CBE from the Queen today. Perhaps her battle to preserve her privacy has caused her obvious weight problem. Sad...
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike1948 wrote: »
    I was amazed to see how much weight Kate Bush has put on when she received her CBE from the Queen today. Perhaps her battle to preserve her privacy has caused her obvious weight problem. Sad...

From when? since she was a teenager?!

FFS........... is that all you have to comment on, her weight?

Methinks you might be the sad one.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why should preserving her privacy cause her to put on weight?:confused: Oddest reason I ever heard.

She's a 54 year old lady, who's possibly going through the menopause, which sometimes causes women to gain weight.

She's still beautiful in my eyes, and, I expect in the eyes of other people, so I think you're possibly in a minority with your views.
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    From when? since she was a teenager?!

FFS........... is that all you have to comment on, her weight?

Methinks you might be the sad one.

It is a perfectly appropriate subject on which to make a comment. I guess that some of the national newspapers will be making the same observation.

My comment was not mocking but sympathetic to her problem.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a perfectly appropriate subject on which to make a comment. I guess that some of the national newspapers will be making the same observation.

I've only read one piece on newspaper websites that refers to her weight. That was in the Wail and we know how celebrity women are always too fat or too thin in their eyes. :rolleyes:

Really?
    You could have fooled me. :cool:
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bollocks...
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why do you think it's a 'problem'?
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah right :rolleyes:and by the way, why refer to it as a problem. Seems to me you are projecting your own issues onto someone else.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends was a fan of the Cure and was delighted to bump into Robert Smith, saying he was a fan, to which Smith replied, " no you're not" in some weird drone. What a stupid remark to make.
    My brother met Dave Pearce, Radio 1 DJ, in Majorca and found him pleasant enough and totally not up himself.

A friend of my Uncle's met Robert Smith and said he was pretty rude, but then I've heard other people say different. Maybe it depends what mood he is in when you catch him :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you'll recognise the name Lorraine Crosby, but she sang on Meatloaf's massive hit, I'd Do Anything for Love, as Mrs Loud. I met her in North Shields last year, where she lives, and for all I didn't know who she was at first as the name meant nothing, it turned out she appeared on one of the biggest singles and albums of the nineties when she said what she did. Lorraine still tours now and again and appeared in The Voice last year, but she didn't make much from her most famous gig.
    Also she was very pleasant.
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw her on the Voice last week, she seemed lovely and what a voice!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard Keith Richards is quite approachable when a fan recognises him. Also his notorious ex, Anita Pallenberg, is a familiar sight in Christchurch and people say she's totally unfazed by her fame and her past.
  • WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I’m quite glad some artists still persist with privacy and mystique. I wouldn’t know who Kate Bush was if our paths were to cross to be honest. This is despite having her greatest hits album and being a fan of hers. I was disappointed that the Daily Mail mocked her weight when she picked up a CBE last week when they criticize current pop stars for being skinny and outgoing.

We saw Cheryl Fergison in pantomime at Christmas time, she was polite enough to sign my sister's programme twice as my Mum's pen didn't work and chat briefly to everyone considering it was quite late. I presume she wasn't staying at a hotel nearby because she made the same journey back back to the train station and was stood at a traffic light crossing beside us for a few minutes. A surreal moment.
  • Femme FataleFemme Fatale Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    dee-rec wrote: »
    Saw her on the Voice last week, she seemed lovely and what a voice!

I watched her audition on Youtube. It really baffles me when people like her fail to get any further than the blind auditions. Especially when you look at some of the rubbish who do make it through. I would buy her albums if she ever released any...she's quite reminiscent of Bonnie Tyler (who I love) but with a style of her own too.
  • Femme FataleFemme Fatale Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    WhiteShade wrote: »
    I’m quite glad some artists still persist with privacy and mystique. I wouldn’t know who Kate Bush was if our paths were to cross to be honest. This is despite having her greatest hits album and being a fan of hers. I was disappointed that the Daily Mail mocked her weight when she picked up a CBE last week when they criticize current pop stars for being skinny and outgoing.

Me too. A talented, wonderful woman who rarely steps into the public eye and yet when she does the gutter scum Fail just can't hold back from calling her "portly" and going on about how she's a recluse even though she's gone on record more than once stating that she isn't. It really is disgusting, and makes me embarrassed and ashamed of our media. :mad:
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree she isn't 21 anymore if she wants to be overweight isn't it her business it's everyone's right to be who they want to.
    the daily mail everyone hates them they victimise all the female celebs.