Kimberly Walsh - Blue Jean Girl

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
Forum Member
✭✭
Just seen the advert for this on Sky1.

Aparently she has never been able to find a pair of jeans that will fit her?

C'mon, she must be a size 12 bottom (14 at the most, surely). So why cant she find a pair of jeans?:

I see loads of women who are way bigger wearing jeans.....

C'mon ladies - what do u think? what size is she?

Comments

• CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is right, it so difficult to find a pair of jeans that fit nicely regardless of your size i have owned about 2 pairs in my lifetime that were a good fit, currently i have none :(
  • musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kimberley <3
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has got a butt like JLO.
    I would say it wouldn't be easy.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    she is right, it so difficult to find a pair of jeans that fit nicely regardless of your size i have owned about 2 pairs in my lifetime that were a good fit, currently i have none :(

Totally agree. The best pair I have right now are too big round the waist/hips but fit lovely everywhere else. Thus they fall down a lot. Other pairs are too tight. I'm a size 12-14 and 5ft 4. Wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult for me either :(

On the other hand, I love Kimberley and her figure, but a documentary about jeans? I'll give it a miss.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she can find a pair of jeans that fit, she just needs something to pass the time while Cheryl's making her millions and Nadine's pretending to make an album.

Seriously though, she's a good looking girl, she needs to be on TV more. Shame she didn't get the Xtra Factor gig
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trailer voiceover: 'Kimberley Walsh has it all ... blah blah blah... but she can't find a pair of jeans that fit.'

My. Heart. Bleeds.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My waist is 28", nightmare getting jeans to fit and I can't really pull off the 'jeans hanging around my knees' look.

OT, she's gorgeous :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey - my eyes have been opened!

My mrs is a size 12 but she is 5'8 (with a reasonable sized but lovely bottom, I may add...)

For what its worth, I dont know any of my friends who arent attracted to women with larger bottoms.

Im no Gok Wan but I much prefer a fuller figured hourglass shape than a skinny minny.
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    She has got a butt like JLO.
    I would say it wouldn't be easy.

IIRC, both JLo and Beyonce design clothes for ladies with Kimberley's figure and both these ladies wear jeans. I'm not sure I understand what Kimberley is saying.
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who is kimberly walsh ??
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    IIRC, both JLo and Beyonce design clothes for ladies with Kimberley's figure and both these ladies wear jeans. I'm not sure I understand what Kimberley is saying.

Yes
    She has already mentioned this before.
    She said: "I look more to Beyonce Knowles and Jennifer Lopez because they've got the smaller waist and bigger bum like I have, so I like to see what looks good on them.
    http://www.malextra.com/lifestyle-fashion/stylecelebs/Kimberley+Walsh-9273.html

I don't get this documentary.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who is kimberly walsh ??

1/5 of Girls Aloud
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the advert for this on Sky1.

Aparently she has never been able to find a pair of jeans that will fit her?

no surprise really. i do not think Mr Strauss has that much material. maybe she should try a denim burka
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    no surprise really. i do not think Mr Strauss has that much material. maybe she should try a denim burka

so you don't like all of GA then... just Cheryl?
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? Kimberley has one of the most common figures of most women in the UK, myself included. Small top half, wider bottom half and quite a full bum.

I've got three great pairs of jeans. Why hasn't Kimberley?
  • RobinMcClarnonRobinMcClarnon Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would need to lose several stone to look good in jeans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would need to lose several stone to look good in jeans.

In your opinion, of course. Personally I think she's stunning.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can be hard to find good fitting jeans. I'd say her problem is in that she's short so size 12's would be way too long on her. It also can depend on the size of your thighs so even if a size 12 fits her waist and hips, they may be too tight on her thighs so not look right.
    I used to stuggle to find a good fit. I'm 5 foot 7, but for a few years was only a size 6. Trouble was they were always too short in the leg so could only go for 3/4 length.
    Even after I gained some weight to a size 10 it was hard because the regular leg lenth is too short for me. If a style of jeans is available in the longer leg length of 31 inch I'm fine but if they don't then they just don't fit. It's the same with any trousers. Everyone is built differently and regular sizes just don't work for us all.
    Personaly I think Kimberley has a great figure and is a beautiful girl.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it can be hard finding a pair of jeans that fit, I am 5 foot 9 and a size 12-14, most jeans are too short in the leg and too big around the waist...but I shop around and I manage. I find it hard to believe that Kimberly can't do the same especially with her cash. It seems like an excuse for a show.

That said can't someone cover the utter scandal that is BHS, Ultimo and others charging £4 - £6 more for a slightly larger bra (ie, A-D at £14 but DD-G are £20). Yet they don't do it with the knickers. I'd bet a 38C uses more actual material than a 34DD (or the same). It's not fair!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring. No talent, no use - why doesn't she just disappear? Apart from Nadine, they are a waste of space. And not for one second do I believe she can't find fitting jeans.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a whole programme to find a pair of jeans that fits? really :eek: words fail me
  • -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it a nightmare to buy jeans.

My waist/stomach aren't exactly small, but my bum is as flat as a pancake.
    The back of my jeans are empty. It looks like I've had an accident behind there!

& I'm barely 5ft. So they are way too long for me.

& it's a show about the history of jeans too, which people may find interesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I have an awful time of buying jeans too, most of the time I have to settle for too long jeans with the hems eventually ripping, I thought 5'4 is the average height in the UK, I'm not really really short :o I'm about 157cm ish which is 5'2 but in a lot of shops a 30-32 inch leg is common, but I need 27-28 inch leg jeans grrrr.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gap is a good jeans source. I'm an 8 but tall and Gap is one of the few places that does the leg length. Really good selection of styles too.
  • Feed The ReaperFeed The Reaper Posts: 7,135
    Forum Member
    £80,000 contract and I would go on TV and shop for a pair of jeans too! You go girl...... sexiest girl on the planet and the brains to make easy money when its offered her!!!!