Has anyone used this website?

MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

I am going on a Haven holiday in a few weeks time and taking my granddaughter.

I really don't have room for her pushchair and was hoping to hire one from the site but they don't have them any more.

I have found this website and just wondered if anyone had any experience of it.

http://www.holidaybuggies.com.

I am a little wary not only because of the money issue but also that if it doesn't arrive I am going to be really stuck without a buggy.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    Mollybe wrote: »
    Hi

I am going on a Haven holiday in a few weeks time and taking my granddaughter.

I really don't have room for her pushchair and was hoping to hire one from the site but they don't have them any more.

I have found this website and just wondered if anyone had any experience of it.

http://www.holidaybuggies.com.

I am a little wary not only because of the money issue but also that if it doesn't arrive I am going to be really stuck without a buggy.
    Try phoning Haven and ask them if they offer buggies etc.
    Oops. just read your post properly! lol
  • MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I have called them and they used to hire them but not anymore.

This website is the only one I can find that will deliver nationwide but I have never heard of them.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The website does give address, email and landline phone number, which is a good sign.

However, you'd be paying, at a minimum, £7 + delivery of £10 or £15 for a week's rent. You could have a look in charity shops at your destination, where basic buggies should be about £5 - we bought one for that which we've used for two g/children, and shortly we'll use it for a third.

Alternatively, if there's a nearby Argos, you can buy a new one from £19.94:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3765531/Trail/searchtext%3EPUSHCHAIR.htm
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old is she? Will she definitely need one? If so I would do whatever it takes to squeeze one in. If hers is bulky maybe you could borrow a more streamline one.

Are you driving? If so try sticking it along the footwell or along the luggage rack at the back.
  • MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I have only just managed to get on line after looking after the little one for the day.

I do have a pushchair but it is quite bulky and we definately won't be able to take it with us.

There will be 3 adults and the car seat in the back and we only have a Peugeot 206, so the boot isn't huge.

Its a good idea about charity shops but if they don't have any then we are going to be really stuck.

We are going to Pwhelli so I could check if there is an Argos but even if we buy one we can't bring it home, so thats why I looked a hiring one.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mollybe wrote: »
    .............We are going to Pwhelli so I could check if there is an Argos but even if we buy one we can't bring it home, so thats why I looked a hiring one.

Even if you had to leave it behind, it's cheaper than the hire charge plus delivery (£22).