Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he's relieved that she's walked out first. It would save him having to be the one to do this first.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So according to a "source" Kelly Preston has left him cos he is photographed dressed as a woman. .. I have a picture of my dad dressed as a woman... It was at a fancy dress party.. What's wrong with that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So according to a "source" Kelly Preston has left him cos he is photographed dressed as a woman. .. I have a picture of my dad dressed as a woman... It was at a fancy dress party.. What's wrong with that?

Is your dad strongly rumoured to be a homosexual though?
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would have known all about him from the start. Why walk out now.... is she pissed that he let the side down and its all come out in the tabloid press !
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooo this fits in with a blind from the show bus thread :D

The masseur?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    The story is a complete fabrication. There is no way she isn't already aware of her husband's activities, and no way would they wreck their picture-perfect Scientologist family over it.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    shoot wrote: »
    The story is a complete fabrication. There is no way she isn't already aware of her husband's activities, and no way would they wreck their picture-perfect Scientologist family over it.

Exactly. If he walks they will reveal whatever they have on him.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Exactly. If he walks they will reveal whatever they have on him.
    Maybe he did, and they already did....
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe it was her favourite one of a kind haute couture dress he was wearing. Not only it's stretched now and she can't wear it anymore but it also looked better on him :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Maybe it was her favourite one of a kind haute couture dress he was wearing. Not only it's stretched now and she can't wear it anymore but it also looked better on him :eek:

Lmaooooooooo:D:D:D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What can the Scientologists possibly reveal about him that hasn't already been speculated upon or is already 'known' by lots of people? As I see it, he has nothing to lose if he wants out. Anyone with half a brain knows that the Scientology movement is very capable of exaggerating any detail of the lives of people who make a stand against them.

Assuming that he would want out of his marriage and the organization (as I understand it, she's more of a devotee than he is), what are his choices?
    Spend the rest of his life tied in with an organization that makes him utterly miserable and unable to be himself OR get out asap and run the course of adverse publicity that he will inevitably face which would eventually die down and become yesterday's chip paper, leaving him free to do as he wishes? He could make oodles on the talk show circuit and by pursuing other ventures.

I've written the above in the assumption that he is innocent until proven guilty of the masseur sexual assault charges. If he is eventually proven to have committed these offences then, like anyone else, he should have to face the consequences. Being a celeb doesn't give him licence to do crime.

Just a thought. What if the Scientology movement has been surreptitiously releasing these 'stories' about JT because he has, amongst their circles', let it be known that he wants out? Kind of a 'This is what you can expect- and worse- if you break ranks!' kind of thing? We know they're not above similar tactics (see Paulette Cooper et al's stories, mentioned in the other Showbiz thread about JT).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scientology is one of the most litigious cults in existance thanks to the funds they get from their brainwashed superstars like the Travoltas and Cruises. There's been loads of threads about their actions over the years, they keep humungous records and sue at the drop of a hat.
    That's the tip of the iceberg. As they claim to cure homosexuality :rolleyes: you can bet that Tom and John would find it hard to get work if they came out.

Not that either of them need financially to work again, but I doubt they'd relish having every tiny detail of their lives mangled in public. And the cult would make sure every last thing was revealed if they left.

Scientology is a dangerous cult which is responsible for numerous lives being wrecked. Why or how any semi rational person believes L Ron Hubbards' crap about humans being made up of aliens I have no idea. ( or whatever they call it, Thetans or something)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I've written the above in the assumption that he is innocent until proven guilty of the masseur sexual assault charges. If he is eventually proven to have committed these offences then, like anyone else, he should have to face the consequences. Being a celeb doesn't give him licence to do crime.

Well it could actually be them warning him not to do something stupid. That they can reveal some embarrassing secret that is actually true. And there's bound to be something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    No matter what the media or his religion will say about him, I would still adore him. I really feel for him.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm a bit like that, he comes across as very gentle and likeable.

But as if his wife didn't know. Honestly, that's just ridiculous, she's been part of this thing for decades.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it could actually be them warning him not to do something stupid. That they can reveal some embarrassing secret that is actually true. And there's bound to be something.

Yep, can actually go with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    What can the Scientologists possibly reveal about him that hasn't already been speculated upon or is already 'known' by lots of people? As I see it, he has nothing to lose if he wants out. Anyone with half a brain knows that the Scientology movement is very capable of exaggerating any detail of the lives of people who make a stand against them.

Assuming that he would want out of his marriage and the organization (as I understand it, she's more of a devotee than he is), what are his choices?
    Spend the rest of his life tied in with an organization that makes him utterly miserable and unable to be himself OR get out asap and run the course of adverse publicity that he will inevitably face which would eventually die down and become yesterday's chip paper, leaving him free to do as he wishes? He could make oodles on the talk show circuit and by pursuing other ventures.

Just a thought. What if the Scientology movement has been surreptitiously releasing these 'stories' about JT because he has, amongst their circles', let it be known that he wants out? Kind of a 'This is what you can expect- and worse- if you break ranks!' kind of thing? We know they're not above similar tactics (see Paulette Cooper et al's stories, mentioned in the other Showbiz thread about JT).

I honestly think these film stars don't realise that they're just being used for their money. I think they're being taken for complete fools!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Until this freaky 'religion' gets brought down, I think these film stars realise they're all trapped. They'll just have to be convincing until this organisation crumbles.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter what the media or his religion will say about him, I would still adore him. I really feel for him.

I second this. I feel sorry for him and his family.
    If he is gay then so what? It's his and his wives business not ours.
    He is a good actor and gives us very good films, that all that should matter to the public.
  • BingedrinkerBingedrinker Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you Google Jeff Conaway (played Kenickie in Grease) there's a very interesting story on there. His wife claims that Jeff once told her that he woke up one night to Travolta giving him oral sex - this spelt the end of their friendship. He also told her that Travolta and Kelly's marriage was a sham and an arrangement. This may be old news but I honestly didn't know.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you Google Jeff Conaway (played Kenickie in Grease) there's a very interesting story on there. His wife claims that Jeff once told her that he woke up one night to Travolta giving him oral sex - this spelt the end of their friendship. He also told her that Travolta and Kelly's marriage was a sham and an arrangement. This may be old news but I honestly didn't know.

I read that in the Mail and obviously you have to read these things with a cynical filter on. But if there is any truth in it - doesn't that ammount to serious sexual assault? Wouldn't Jeff had pressed charges? And if not - why? It's a really odd story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that in the Mail and obviously you have to read these things with a cynical filter on. But if there is any truth in it - doesn't that ammount to serious sexual assault? Wouldn't Jeff had pressed charges? And if not - why? It's a really odd story.

Maybe Jeff knew that Travolta was much more valuable to the Grease cast than he was and therefore, Jeff didn't want to lose his acting role.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they were friends I would find it plausible that despite everything he wouldn't have wanted to cause him serious troubles, "un-befriending" was enough for him.
  • BingedrinkerBingedrinker Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read that in the Mail and obviously you have to read these things with a cynical filter on. But if there is any truth in it - doesn't that ammount to serious sexual assault? Wouldn't Jeff had pressed charges? And if not - why? It's a really odd story.[/QUOTE

Well who knows whether this is true or not but this was reported to have happened in the 90s - way after Grease. Conaway was pickled by drink and drugs at that point so could have imagined things or hallucinated. Who knows .... pretty messed up thing to say about a 'friend' though if not true.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

somehow this doesn't ring true, woke up where? were they sharing a hotel room? living together at the time? in the trailer on the set of Grease (assuming of course that this allegedly happened while they were filming Grease) actually in that case it is a wonder Jeff had time to learn his lines what with him fighting off the attentions of John Travolta while sleeping with the actress who played Patty Simcox (allegedly)