Is Tom Daley Gay

Comments

• Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    It's a huge problem because it insinuates that homosexuality is something to be 'ashamed' of or at least, not suitable for public discussion.

Your pretending to be suddenly interested in diving, doesn't change that.

What complete rubbish.

I enjoy the olympics all of it, ive watched Tom Daley dive on a number of occasions, i have no interest in his sex life to say that means i think homosexuality is something to be ashamed of is a HUGE and quite frankly completely ridiculous statement.:rolleyes:

Just because i think hes entitled to a private life does not mean im anti gays, ive never read such complete rubbish on here.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't wonder about anyones sexuality as a rule. However I want to have sex with someone, I will. Tom Daley fits into that category.

It's like the calorie content of a cake I don't want to eat isn't of interest to me. If I want to eat the cake - it is.

You can eat that cake though. You wont ever sleep with Tom Daley. Comparing a cake to a sportsman is a bit silly.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    I don't wonder about anyones sexuality as a rule. However I want to have sex with someone, I will. Tom Daley fits into that category.

It's like the calorie content of a cake I don't want to eat isn't of interest to me. If I want to eat the cake - it is.

Then that cake is out of your reach
    I don't see that his sexuality matters tbh
    But then I dont care about speculating who is or isn't
    Forum Member
    Then that cake is out of your reach
    I don't see that his sexuality matters tbh
    But then I dont care about speculating who is or isn't

Oh apparently if we dont discuss his sex life its because were anti gays:rolleyes:
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is because it is 'none of your business'. How difficult is that to understand?

It isn't at all. It's difficult to understand why some people find it difficult to understand that treating homosexuality as something taboo, never to be spoken of, is not helpful to the 'cause' of gay rights at all.

Tom Daley is irrelevant to the subject. I'm sick and tired of homosexuality being treated as a 'shut up, don't mention it, fingers in the ears lalalalalalalala' issue.

Usually from people who pretend they're 'fine' with it as long as it's never referred to, mentioned or thought about.

You don't get this with ANY other aspect of someone's private life and it's very hard to believe there isn't a sinister undercurrent to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    Oh apparently if we dont discuss his sex life its because were anti gays:rolleyes:

No it's anti-gay to pretend as if homosexuality should never be mentioned.

Case in point..

One of the first responses to this thread was 'No, I think he has a girlfriend'

...did I miss the 'OMG how dare you speculate, it's none of your business if he does or not!!!!' responses to this piece of 'speculation' ?

Did I miss them? Were they there?

No. They weren't. Case in point.
    Forum Member
    It isn't at all. It's difficult to understand why some people find it difficult to understand that treating homosexuality as something taboo, never to be spoken of, is not helpful to the 'cause' of gay rights at all.

Tom Daley is irrelevant to the subject. I'm sick and tired of homosexuality being treated as a 'shut up, don't mention it, fingers in the ears lalalalalalalala' issue.

Usually from people who pretend they're 'fine' with it as long as it's never referred to, mentioned or thought about.

You don't get this with ANY other aspect of someone's private life and it's very hard to believe there isn't a sinister undercurrent to it.

You have a massive chip on your shoulder for some reason.

I have no interest in his sex life, or any other sportsmans sex life. I dont discuss footballers cheating on their wives either does that mean I support them? does it heck.
    Forum Member

Case in point..

...did I miss the 'OMG how dare you speculate, it's none of your business if he does or not!!!!' responses?

Theres no "case in point"

Let me make it very very clear as you are making assumptions and reaching quite frankly to take offence where there is none

I do not care about his sex life, gay straight etc. I care about his ability to dive. I do not care about anyones sex life who is in a job. The only time i would comment on someones personal life is if the person brought it to the fore.. i.e. Peter Andre selling his kids down the line, Ill commit on that as its something he puts out there. I wont speculate on an olympians sex life as it is none of my business regardless of who he sleeps with gay or straight.

Just because you may be gay yourself dosent give you the right to accuse others of being anti gay for refusing to discuss his sex life with someone who wants a bit of it. Get a grip.:rolleyes: Some of us dont care, we just want him to do his job well..and to dive.
  • kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is the evidence for assuming he's gay? other than him being very attractive and being a diver?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Case in point..

...did I miss the 'OMG how dare you speculate, it's none of your business if he does or not!!!!' responses to this piece of 'speculation' ?

Rubbish. This isnt about homosexuality, its about not talking about his private life. The same would be said if there was a thread asking how many women has Tom slept with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's astonishing. The post in the thread speculating he may be heterosexual ignored. The posts indicating he might be homosexual, jumped on.

It's as evident as the bulge in his speedos what the real issue is here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbish. This isnt about homosexuality, its about not talking about his private life. The same would be said if there was a thread asking how many women has Tom slept with.

So why has the person who speculated he might be straight, not been jumped on in the same way?

The post is there, I can read it myself.

I missed the 'How dare you!!' responses. Did you?
    Forum Member
    It's astonishing. The post in the thread speculating he may be heterosexual ignored. The posts indicating he might be homosexual, jumped on.

It's as evident as the bulge in his speedos what the real issue is here.

The only issue here is your personal one. Im out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    The only issue here is your personal one. Im out.

Are you one of those people that use television catchphrases in every day speak?

Ugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THis place is full of speculation. Who's shagging who, who is seeing who, who is whatevering someone else.

Yet the 'OMG stop talking about it. It's none of your business' responses reserved almost exclusively for matters of homosexuality. But it's a 'personal issue' of mine, is it?

The upshot is people don't like talking about or thinking about homosexuality. So the way they deal with it is to close it down entirely as an issue. Speculation on matters of a famous persons private life is rarely ever considered off topic, unless it strays into an area some people are uncomfortable going to.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

That's odd. When I am attracted to a gorgeous and unobtainable female celeb, their sexuality would not affect whether I would want to have sex with them or not because it's not going to happen anyway. If they're attractive, they're attractive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why has the person who speculated he might be straight, not been jumped on in the same way?

Thats not the thread title.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    That's odd. When I am attracted to a gorgeous and unobtainable fenale celeb, their sexuality would not affect whether I would want to have sex with them or not because it's not going to happen anyway. If they're attractive, they're attractive.

Very true. Hence why it doesnt matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats not the thread title.

My post wasn't the first in the thread either, but it's getting the most heat.

I merely said I'd be surprised and disappointed if he wasn't.

I didn't say 'Yes he has a boyfriend, I think'

Heaven knows what the response would have been if I did. I suspect a lot more heated than they have been although I'd have said nothing different to the person whose post has gone completely ignored by everyone except me.

One person speculated he might be straight.

That's the difference.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who is treating homosexuality as something taboo?

Every person has the right to a private life......WHATEVER their sexuality. Some people do not care if their sexuality is general knowledge, whilst others are more private. That is their choice and their right. Nobody has the right to know someone else's sexuality just to fulfil their own agenda. Some celebs and others in the public eye court publicity about all aspects of their lives, others choose not to do so.

As others have said, you seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No-one has 'speculated' that he might be straight. Someone said "No he has a girlfriend" - I think given that it's a pretty safe bet to say he is straight.
    But what the hell are you wanting people to say - "omg just because he has a girlfriend doesn't mean he isn't gay!!" ??? Get real.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is treating homosexuality as something taboo?

THe mere fact that people attack those for openly speculating on someone's private life yet ONLY when it refers to homosexuality is a clear indication of a taboo.

Sorry to labour the point but one of the very first posts in the thread speculated he was heterosexual and was ignored. You can't say that homosexuality isn't a taboo when the only reaction is caused by those who suggest he might be gay.

In fact, I didn't even suggest he might be gay, I said I'd be surprised if he wasn't. Someone else stated their belief that his sexuality is 'confirmed'. But because the indication was that he was straight - nobody paid any attention.

A post made suggesting someone would be surprised if he wasn't gay (by comparison if milder insinuation) is pulled apart by people denying that the subject is 'taboo'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    No-one has 'speculated' that he might be straight. Someone said "No he has a girlfriend" - I think given that it's a pretty safe bet to say he is straight.
    But what the hell are you wanting people to say - "omg just because he has a girlfriend doesn't mean he isn't gay!!" ??? Get real.

If you're not even going to be bothered to read the post that's your own problem.

elliecat wrote: »
    No I think he has a girlfriend.

'No I think....'

isn't speculation?
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who really cares as long as he does well in the Olympics
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moosepaw56 wrote: »
    I think he is really fit and wonder by the way he acts/talks if hes gay,

You cant deny he is rather camp.

And a body of a god to boot

So if he's gay, then what? Does it fulfil your fantasy because the likelihood of meeting him and he finding you attractive enough to have sex with you is pretty slim.
This discussion has been closed.