Madonna Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    I think whatever was on the 2 disc edition, her fans would have complained as there's just far to many songs.

Imagine if she's gone all guns blazing and released a 3rd disc set that looked something like this:

01) - Drowned Word/Substitute For Love
    02) - Get Together
    03) - American Life
    04) - Gambler
    05) - You'll See
    06) - Causing A Commotion
    07) - This Used To Be My Playground
    08) - Deeper and Deeper
    09) - Give It 2 Me
    10) - True Blue
    11) - Angel
    12) - Bad Girl
    13) - Human Nature
    14) - Jump
    15) - Oh Father
    16) - Nothing Really Matters
    17) - Rain
    18) - The Power Of Goodbye

I can't think why she didn't do a 3rd disk but I think if she had of done a 3rd disk then your song choices are good but it would have had to contain a 3rd new single as well. So I would have dropped Jump in favour of that. imo. Oh and I would replace Nothing Really Matters with Hanky Panky.
  • SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    I can't think why she didn't do a 3rd disk but I think if she had of done a 3rd disk then your song choices are good but it would have had to contain a 3rd new single as well. So I would have dropped Jump in favour of that. imo. Oh and I would replace Nothing Really Matters with Hanky Panky.

Yep, I agree...those are just example of how great the whole thing could have been.

Another missed opportunity. :(
    Forum Member
    I have to say the 17 track 1 disk GH album sounds bizare! its £8 on Amazon but who the hell wants to buy the £8, 17 track version when the 2 disk 36 version is £12!!

The whole thing is madness really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say the 17 track 1 disk GH album sounds bizare! its £8 on Amazon but who the hell wants to buy the £8, 17 track version when the 2 disk 36 version is £12!!

The whole thing is madness really.

I know.
    It's kind of like when Michael Jackson's "King Of Pop" cd came out.
    In the UK there were three editions to choose from...and for a few extra pounds it was such good value for money.

I bought the triple disc set:
    http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/6371674/King-Of-Pop/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I was sure she was going to release a 2 Disc and special edition 3 Discer.

The thought of a single disc GH didn't even cross my mind :eek: It doesn't bare thinking about! Who is it aimed at? I have a feeling all the supermarkets will stock the 2Disc edition. Especially since there is only about £2 difference in the price
    I know.
    It's kind of like when Michael Jackson's "King Of Pop" cd came out.
    In the UK there were three editions to choose from...and for a few extra pounds it was such good value for money.

I bought the triple disc set:
    http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/6371674/King-Of-Pop/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

I have that. I love it :D It's out of print now, and just after he died i saw a few of these sell for quite a bit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think whatever was on the 2 disc edition, her fans would have complained as there's just far to many songs.

Imagine if she's gone all guns blazing and released a 3rd disc set that looked something like this:

01) - Drowned Word/Substitute For Love
    02) - Get Together
    03) - American Life
    04) - Gambler
    05) - You'll See
    06) - Causing A Commotion
    07) - This Used To Be My Playground
    08) - Deeper and Deeper
    09) - Give It 2 Me
    10) - True Blue
    11) - Angel
    12) - Bad Girl
    13) - Human Nature
    14) - Jump
    15) - Oh Father
    16) - Nothing Really Matters
    17) - Rain
    18) - The Power Of Goodbye

That would have made a damn good disc 3!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClareB wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's disappointed that Hanky Panky isn't included in this, or her last Greatest Hits collection. I know it's cheesy, and she may feel embarrassed about the song now, but it was a top 2 hit here in the UK, so surely worthy of inclusion.

She does like Hanky Panky. She performed it on the 'Re-Invention' tour a few years ago. I think it's just case of having too much material to choose from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pharoah wrote: »
    She does like Hanky Panky. She performed it on the 'Re-Invention' tour a few years ago. I think it's just case of having too much material to choose from.

Yes, I saw her perform that. Was a fun peformance but I was surprised it didn't receive many cheers from the audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    No true blue, Use to be my playground or Whos that Girl :(

any news on what the special eddition will have?

nor Rescue Me..

They all on it from TIC apart from that one, :confused:.or have i missed it :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    nor Rescue Me..

They all on it from TIC apart from that one, :confused:.or have i missed it :eek:

No, "Rescue Me" isn't on there. Pity, because I like that too.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rescue Me really should be on it, it's a great track.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Rescue Me really should be on it, it's a great track.

One of her best. Cant believe theres no Substitute for Love or You'll See on it either:(.
    Good album though, just glad American Pie has been left off, one of the worst cover versions ever
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am just glad that she saw sense & never put on her cover of American Pie.
    Forum Member
    I don't think she likes American Pie.

I wonder if we will get a Number 1's album at some point?
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Could be do I mean she's had 13 NO.1s so far so would make a good cd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never understood how the #1's albums work. Do they use the songs that reached the top spot in that specific country alone...or do they also include ones from other countries too?

Uk:
    4 Minutes , Sorry, Hung Up, American Pie , Music, Frozen, Vogue, Like A Prayer, La Isla Bonita, Whos That Girl,
    Papa Don't Preach, True Blue, Into The Groove

U.S:
    Like a virgin, Crazy For You, Live To Tell, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Who's That Girl, Like a Prayer, Vogue, Justify My Love, This Used To Be My Playground, Take A Bow, Music
    Forum Member
    I would love a Madonna #1s album. Her #1s in the UK and US alone would provide tracks from near enough every era.

MJ had to go to all sorts of far out countries to complile his #1 collection

Would people be able to cope without Holiday though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I would love a Madonna #1s album. Her #1s in the UK and US alone would provide tracks from near enough every era.

MJ had to go to all sorts of far out countries to complile his #1 collection

Would people be able to cope without Holiday though!

I guess they'd make an exception.
    I love how Michael Jackson included "Break Of Dawn" and it wasn't even a single. lol
    Forum Member
    I guess they'd make an exception.
    I love how Michael Jackson included "Break Of Dawn" and it wasn't even a single. lol

I know! It's a good little collection but it should not have been labeled #1s! :p

If they add in her Japanese #1s too that would include #1s from the 3 main music markets (which would be sensible i think) it could then include

Material Girl
    Causing A Commotion
    I’ll Remember
    You’ll See
    American Life

:D (i think my information is correct :confused:)
    Forum Member
    The DVD will apparently only contain 25 videos......

So I think we can rule out all the movie songs, so Die Another Day, Who's That Girl, Crazy For You, Beautiful Stranger, Into The Groove and Live To Tell are probably not going to feature on the DVD. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The DVD will apparently only contain 25 videos......

So I think we can rule out all the movie songs, so Die Another Day, Who's That Girl, Crazy For You, Beautiful Stranger, Into The Groove and Live To Tell are probably not going to feature on the DVD. :(

You know, when I heard she was putting together another GH cd/dvd I was so EXCITED. After hearing what songs DIDN'T make the set and now news of only 25 videos on the dvd, I just can't be bothered with it anymore.

I'll be buying to complete the collection but there's so many things wrong. it reminds me of the GHV2 fiasco.

1) - Edited songs.
    2) - Songs we already have a hundred times over.
    3) - The ommision of fan favorites. A third disc could have made the fans so much more happier.
    4) - The original versions of "Like A Prayer","Express Yourself", "Vogue".....

They could have done so much more with it.:(
    Forum Member
    I thuoght it was a 2xDVD set :confused:

The PSBs fitted every single video including commentary on their DVD so I can't see any reason why M can't fit every video on her set :(
    Forum Member
    Well its not confirmed. We will have to wait and see. Remember we had several different tracklisting for the GH before the final one leaked.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    25 videos ??!! That's so little for madonnas who's had so many great videos. I will get tge special eddition though I mean it's only what £4 difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I thuoght it was a 2xDVD set :confused:

The PSBs fitted every single video including commentary on their DVD
    so I can't see any reason why M can't fit every video on her set :(

Did they?

I think it's just a case of both Warner and Madge being greedy again. they obviously realize that If they included everything on this project it would mean a great loss of money for the earlier GH releases...
    That's probably why "Rescue Me" isn't on this new collection.
This discussion has been closed.