Options

Flaw in Jesus, Son of God belief?

floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
Forum Member
If Jesus Christ was the son of God, how come there's never been a daughter of God? When you consider human life is comprised of male and female - man and woman - surely there would have to be a daughter of God? But I've never heard about one. :confused:

Seems a bit odd, that, not to mention rather sexist! Did God think "I'll create my son in human form and send him to Earth to show all the other humans how to live a pure sin-free life but sod it, I can't be bothered creating a daughter of God too!"

And if Jesus is the son of God, who were Adam and Eve? His grandparents?

Comments

• Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because men are superior.lol. They wish :p
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    I googled 'daughter of God' to see if there's anything of any substance

Nope. Nothing. So son of God is the great saviour but there's no daughter of God. I guess God is a tad sexist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    If Jesus Christ was the son of God, how come there's never been a daughter of God? When you consider human life is comprised of male and female - man and woman - surely there would have to be a daughter of God? But I've never heard about one. :confused:

Seems a bit odd, that, not to mention rather sexist! Did God think "I'll create my son in human form and send him to Earth to show all the other humans how to live a pure sin-free life but sod it, I can't be bothered creating a daughter of God too!".

And if Jesus is the son of God, who were Adam and Eve? His grandparents?

Sexist is a human idea.
    From people who claim to have had Near Death experiences God is neither Male nor Female.

And if the men and women are equal why does it matter what sex Jesus took?
    It was the message not the image.

By the way I am not a religious type so do no ask me any questions in deatail about this.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's all a load of bo**ocks.

If you believe in fairy stories you will believe the bible is actually a historical book rather than just a load of bullsh*t.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

If you believe in fairy stories you will believe the bible is actually a historical book rather than just a load of bullsh*t.

Why so aggressive?
    Atheism seems like a religion in itself.
    Are you happy to think that all the people you loved who have died are really gone forever?

Even if you are right and we all fade to nothing what harm is faith?
    The person who believes in God dies in a more graceful way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SeeEmma wrote: »
    Why so aggressive?
    Are you happy to think that all the people you loved who have died are really gone forever?

I'm not aggressive, just my belief. The bible is a fairy tale.

I've seen both my parents and brother die. They just died, I can assure you it wasn't graceful. Painful for them, yes, as they had cancer.

My inlaws, both devout catholics, died as well. I didn't see any grace in their death either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Atheism is not a religion, in the same way that not collecting stamps isn't a 'hobby'.

The harm in faith comes when some people use it as an excuse to be shitty to each other.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus was the David Icke of his day.. Awesome dude, to think that over 2000 years later, we still talk about him.. I'd call that a result. :D
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there not being a daughter of God is the biggest flaw in the story tbh.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And if Mary is Mother of God, who's the daddy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    And if Mary is Mother of God, who's the daddy?

I thought Mary was Jesus Mum? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member

Think for a minute about the tens of millions of people who have lost their lives in the last 100 years for no other reason than their religious beliefs and then tell me that there is no harm in faith.

I honestly believe that if we had no religion the world would be a better place after all it's easy to take a human life when you believe that god is on your side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Says who?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As there is no tangible evidence of the validity of the Bible as a historical record in itself, their seems little point debating the content until it is proved that what happened in the Bible is in fact true.

Since we are looking at figures from science fiction: Optimus Prime vs Jesus
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Mary was Jesus Mum? :p

It's that trinity thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jorrai wrote: »
    As there is no tangible evidence of the validity of the Bible as a historical record in itself

There is, but not for all of it. It's not all intended to be a history book.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Sexist is a human idea.
    From people who claim to have had Near Death experiences God is neither Male nor Female.

And if the men and women are equal why does it matter what sex Jesus took?
    It was the message not the image.

By the way I am not a religious type so do no ask me any questions in deatail about this.:D

The Abrahamic religions are probably among the last bastions of institutionalised sexual inequality if not the last*. Sexism exists everywhere of course but not as part of the actual rules as it is in religious institutions. perhaps not such an immediate problem for the Muslim religion which is still male dominated anyway.

Big problem I would have thought for the Christian religions though where the larger part of followers appear to be women. Cannot see them solving the problem easily however as sex discrimination is so rooted in the religion's teachings; texts and practices.

*The exclusion of women from some combat roles in armed forces perhaps being the other although there are arguably practical reasons for this.
  • Options
    Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member

People of religion cause wars and try to interfere in my life.

That's before we start questions the need for people to do such a thing as believe in something they have no evidence even exists. Personally I find it very worrying.
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which seems to be at odds with what various studies have found:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/03/those_who_believe_in_heaven_ar.php
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

I was going to type something but then I realised you had said it so well :):)
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    It's that trinity thing.
    Wasn't she in the Matrix?
  • Options
    Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simply put women did not feature on the radar when the bible was written, another good indication of why it is man made only.

One only can imagine how many hundreds and hundreds of years the bible has stalled female equality in the west alone.
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    People of religion cause wars and try to interfere in my life.

Really? Do they really? More than people who are religious? More than people who you have no way of knowing whether or not they are religious?

I know that when I walk down the street I am "interfered" with by chuggers and homeless people a lot more often than anyone religious.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there is more than one flaw in the story.
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there was proof of God and Jesus then there'd be no need of faith, everything would already be proven, we'd know they exist. People are asked to believe without proof, that's what 'faith' in a religious sense is all about.

As for religion causing wars and trouble, yes, it does but only because humans tend to forget Jesus's actual words about loving one another.

Jesus was God's son but he is also equal with God; the Trinity consists of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Therefore Jesus had to be the same sex as God ('he who has seen me has seen the Father').

None of us has proof that God exists, but some of us prefer to believe he does. In a way it's like 'Do ghosts exist?' or 'Is there an afterlife?' - we have no way of knowing the answer to these questions, therefore neither their existence nor their non-existence can be ruled out.