Christopher Nolan Confirms Batman 3

ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Christopher Nolan confirmed today that he will be Directing Batman 3 . Here

Fantastic news. Wonder if it'll be in 3-D ? ( Good / Bad )

Who's gonna be the villain / who will play him or her ?

Comments

• UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    3D would be bad. Think it was obvious he would be back for a third for a long time, just nothing official.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought this was revealed ages ago.
    wont watch it in 3d, if its in 3d....
    but i actually doubt it will be.

but all films may be realeased that way by then :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    There are rumours that Joseph Gordon Levitt is to be Edward Nygma. Which I would quite like as I have thought he was a good actor for quite some time.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,189
    Forum Member
    Batman 3? I make it 7,or 8 if you count the 60s film
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was revealed a while ago. It will be in 3D. It was on the list of blockbusters that warner bros want to be made in 3D. However, Chris Nolan isn't a fan of it so don't expect 3D to take away any of the story. Inception was almost going to be in 3D but Nolan made sure it wasn't who knows he may do the same for this.

The front runner for the Riddler is Joseph Gordon Levitt (Inception, 500 Days of Summer) however, Johnny Depp and Edward Norton have both expressed intrest in the role. I would personally like to see either Tom Hardy or Tim Roth in the role.
    Forum Member
    3D would just be awful, hope Nolan gets his way again, and likely will if he isn't a fan, not like a Nolan film needs help to draw people in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Yes it was revealed a while ago. It will be in 3D. It was on the list of blockbusters that warner bros want to be made in 3D. However, Chris Nolan isn't a fan of it so don't expect 3D to take away any of the story. Inception was almost going to be in 3D but Nolan made sure it wasn't who knows he may do the same for this.

The front runner for the Riddler is Joseph Gordon Levitt (Inception, 500 Days of Summer) however, Johnny Depp and Edward Norton have both expressed intrest in the role. I would personally like to see either Tom Hardy or Tim Roth in the role.

Read the article , it says that neither the studio or Christopher Nolan had confirmed anything. It was assumed there would be a third .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr.Burns wrote: »
    Read the article , it says that neither the studio or Christopher Nolan had confirmed anything. It was assumed there would be a third .

Ah okay.

Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are all returning (because of a 3 film contract) Joseph Gordon Levitt is on the cast list on IMDB but labelled as rumoured. Heath Ledger was signed for a 2 film contract.

And this is the last film in the Nolan series there will be no more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Wonder if Ellen Page will be offered a part in it
    Forum Member
    Let's go the whole hog and offer all the cast of Inception a part... :p
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    It's got big shoes to fill.
    Forum Member
    3D doesn't have to mean Bad, as long as they don't use gimmicky things like weapons being thrown at the camera then 3D can be good, as long as it is filmed in 3D and not just put through the "process" like clash of the titans and the last airbender.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    as long as it is filmed in 3D and not just put through the "process" like clash of the titans and the last airbender.

Maybe they could ask floopy123 to do it :D
    Forum Member
    Just keep it 2D like all the other films.
    Forum Member
    I am not saying they should make it 3D I just don't think 3D would make it a bad film. I don't think the batman films are really anything special that 3D would ruin it. The second film only did as good as it did because of Heath Ledger, the batman character (in the films) is pretty boring, more so in the second one.

Anyway I digress, I just don't think 3D is automatically a bad thing as people seem to think on these forums, if done well then 3D works to enhance a film. But I am not saying Batman 3 should be in 3D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope he films some scenes in IMAX again (if not the whole thing!). Have seen quite a few films at IMAX now and TDK is still the most impressive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope he films some scenes in IMAX again (if not the whole thing!). Have seen quite a few films at IMAX now and TDK is still the most impressive.

Nolan wants to make the entire film in IMAX
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    According to the Empire website Nolan could have already started casting Batman 3:

"Given how great he was in Inception, this doesn’t exactly count as surprising news, but it’s still very welcome: according to Deadline, Christopher Nolan has recruited Tom Hardy for a major role in the next Batman film.

Before anyone hits the ‘net to scream “TOM HARDY IS THE RIDDLER!!!1!!” A WORD OF… Sorry, left the caps lock on there. A word of caution: there is zero information as to what his role might be an only an insinuation that he’s playing a villain.

But while there’s zero confirmation on his part, feel free to go nuts with your guesses – would he make a good Riddler? Is he taking on one of the other iconic characters from Bats’ rogues’ gallery? Or could he be Robin? Kidding on that one. We hope…

Hardy, of course, has been shooting Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy for Thomas Alfredson and he also has McG’s action comedy This Means War, alongside Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine on his schedule. While we thought Nolan might try to factor him into the Bat-universe, there was always the lingering spectre of Mad Max: Fury Road in his future, but thanks to rain and a lot of flowers, that one has been pushed back.

As for Batman 3, all that we really know for sure is that Chris Nolan is definitely making the film (he told us himself) and that Jonah Nolan and David Goyer have been hard at work cranking out another script. We can also exclusively confirm that Michael Caine, cinematic god that he is, is not always the best source for Bat-news."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    According to the Empire website Nolan could have already started casting Batman 3:

"Given how great he was in Inception, this doesn’t exactly count as surprising news, but it’s still very welcome: according to Deadline, Christopher Nolan has recruited Tom Hardy for a major role in the next Batman film.

Before anyone hits the ‘net to scream “TOM HARDY IS THE RIDDLER!!!1!!” A WORD OF… Sorry, left the caps lock on there. A word of caution: there is zero information as to what his role might be an only an insinuation that he’s playing a villain.

But while there’s zero confirmation on his part, feel free to go nuts with your guesses – would he make a good Riddler? Is he taking on one of the other iconic characters from Bats’ rogues’ gallery? Or could he be Robin? Kidding on that one. We hope…

Hardy, of course, has been shooting Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy for Thomas Alfredson and he also has McG’s action comedy This Means War, alongside Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine on his schedule. While we thought Nolan might try to factor him into the Bat-universe, there was always the lingering spectre of Mad Max: Fury Road in his future, but thanks to rain and a lot of flowers, that one has been pushed back.

As for Batman 3, all that we really know for sure is that Chris Nolan is definitely making the film (he told us himself) and that Jonah Nolan and David Goyer have been hard at work cranking out another script. We can also exclusively confirm that Michael Caine, cinematic god that he is, is not always the best source for Bat-news."

Tom Hardy is an incredible actor so I couldn't be happier about him being in Batman 3. I don't care who he plays. He's one of those actors who could play anything, so just the fact that he's got a role at all is good enough for me. :)
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Or could he be Robin? Kidding on that one. We hope…

I'm sure I'd heard / read that Nolan has said Robin would never feature in his Batman films as it was too early for him to appear yet. To paraquote him; "Robin would still be in diapers / nappies when these films are set"

Thank God.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    I'm sure I'd heard / read that Nolan has said Robin would never feature in his Batman films as it was too early for him to appear yet. To paraquote him; "Robin would still be in diapers / nappies when these films are set"

Thank God.

Christian Bale also said that he will leave if Robin is featured in any of his Batman films
  • TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christopher Nolan said at an Inception screening that clever writing, combined with believeable dialogue and acting is far more important to him than any 3D 'gimmick' - as he put it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Christian Bale also said that he will leave if Robin is featured in any of his Batman films

Which is pretty ironic really considering he auditioned for the role of Robin in Batman Forever :p
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saying that Robin could never feature in this series is being way too closed-minded. I mean, Robin has nearly always been a key figure in the history of Batman media. We've had other main characters like The Joker, Harvey Dent, Gordon etc. now we're probably gonna have The Riddler. When you think of other big figures in Batman from that point downwards Robin is always going to feature. People just think of the tights and annoying whiny sidekick thing, but as Nolan has shown so far, there could be a different spin on it.

I think the intro of Robin would be a brilliant fun ending to the 3rd film (which surely has to have an upbeat ending). It would just be a cameo by a young actor, just one scene and not part of the story, just suggesting that's where the future could go.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nolan's Batman is still in his early years, he's still establishing himself in Gotham. I think Nolan said that he sees no place for Robin at this stage in Batman's career.

Re: Tom Hardy. I hope this news is true because he's a great actor. Would be happy to see him in this film.