GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Also congrats on derailing the thread, I've tried to take this to PM and you've brought it back here and I've asked you multiple times to take it to PM.

Everyone else, sorry.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like another perfectly good thread is going down the tubes.

Managed to get all the SP achievements a few days back, looking forward to getting Online tomorrow and getting into ridiculous situations with my buddies. (As long as the servers don't crap out continually).
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    HAHA, So according to you, and the other person who attacks me, you've both brought up the same point, one where you said I've said an unprovable state, to which the other person calls out I've taken that from the News Wire and it's public knowledge.

Good going guys.

The statement "There is no set time for GTAOnline to go live is basically an vague statement It could go live at 1am or at 11:59 on October the first and it will still be true

Here is me writing a similar statement to you

"GTA Online will launch tommorow once rockstar are confident that the servers can handle the anticipated load. Initially there will only be a few missions available with more being added in the coming weeks and months, Should GTA Online be successful new areas of maps and character upgrades will be added. Rockstar aim to turn GTA Online into an MMO type game, which may have micro-transactions and ability to transfer elements from the single player experiance into the multiplayer game"

Holy shit I must work for rockstar games, I have just provided more inside information than you. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    The statement "There is no set time for GTAOnline to go live is basically an vague statement It could go live at 1am or at 11:59 on October the first and it will still be true

Here is me writing a similar statement to you

"GTA Online will launch tommorow once rockstar are confident that the servers can handle the anticipated load. Initially there will only be a few missions available with more being added in the coming weeks and months, Should GTA Online be successful new areas of maps and character upgrades will be added. Rockstar aim to turn GTA Online into an MMO type game, which may have micro-transactions and ability to transfer elements from the single player experiance into the multiplayer game"

Holy shit I must work for rockstar games, I have just provided more inside information than you. :rolleyes:

Ok, so I ask you again for like the hundredth time, what can I do to prove that I'm not making this up, and why would I make this up for over three years?
    Forum Member
    Ok, so I ask you again for like the hundredth time, what can I do to prove that I'm not making this up, and why would I make this up for over three years?

I didn't make anything up either. I just made a statement using publically available information, packaged with vague statements that could mean anything to make it sound like I have inside information. Still your pretty good at making false impressions. I suggest a good tabloid journalist training scheme and you would make tonnes of money
    Forum Member
    I didn't make anything up either. I just made a statement using publically available information, packaged with vague statements that could mean anything to make it sound like I have inside information. Still your pretty good at making false impressions. I suggest a good tabloid journalist training scheme and you would make tonnes of money

So is that your problem with me, the fact that we do posts like that because we are told to from the PR department? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Look dude, i can't say this any nicer, WE ****ING GET IT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ASH, please take it elsewhere, there have been two posts about the online in the past two pages and both have been buried by your problems with Ash

Please stop it
    Forum Member
    So is that your problem with me, the fact that we do posts like that because we are told to from the PR department? :p

Your told to by Rockstars PR department to make posts to sound like you are associated with them or are given inside information with them? right.....
    Forum Member
    Your told to by Rockstars PR department to make posts to sound like you are associated with them or are given inside information with them? right.....

We're told to repeat statements as close to theirs as possible to make sure the correct and accurate information gets to the people. Have you ever done any PR related stuff because it seems to be you're hating on me now for something that is very common.
    Forum Member
    We're told to repeat statements as close to theirs as possible to make sure the correct and accurate information gets to the people. Have you ever done any PR related stuff because it seems to be you're hating on me now for something that is very common.

I certainly know enough about PR that you do not cultivate relationships with publications by creating the impression that certain publications are being given exclusive information that other publications are not. If you prefaced your statements with Rockstar have announced that rather than making it appear you have just got off the phone with Dan Houser it would make some of your statements quite helpful for those who have not read them somewhere else.

Marketing 101 do not piss off the people recommending your product to the public.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you two have everyone else on ignore or think this is private. It's boring as **** though.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to online, not got 100% yet but I'll split my time between both, like another poster said........ Ash, Red take it somewhere else fellas, this isn't the place :cool:
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Do you two have everyone else on ignore or think this is private. It's boring as **** though.

I've tried to take this to PM but he refuses and again I apologise.
    Forum Member
    I certainly know enough about PR that you do not cultivate relationships with publications by creating the impression that certain publications are being given exclusive information that other publications are not. If you prefaced your statements with Rockstar have announced that rather than making it appear you have just got off the phone with Dan Houser it would make some of your statements quite helpful for those who have not read them somewhere else.

Marketing 101 do not piss off the people recommending your product to the public.

Can we take this to PM, because you're really getting into a different side here, and again, how can I prove it? You just seem pissed off at me and want me to be some sort of liar.
    Forum Member
    Can we take this to PM, because you're really getting into a different side here, and again, how can I prove it? You just seem pissed off at me and want me to be some sort of liar.

So I cannot call into question the reliability of the stuff your posting or the way that you post something in a way that creates a misleading impression?
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried to take this to PM but he refuses and again I apologise.

Well just agree to disagree, what does it matter what he thinks? you don't need to prove yourself to anyone.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember the GTAIV servers crashing for a while on launch day back in 2008?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any solid info about the online

I heard a rumor that there might be a patch/download involved before you get started

Also i know its been posted a million times in the main thread, but does anyone have a link to the DS crew, figure if there is any game that i try and socialize on it might as well be this
    Forum Member
    So I cannot call into question the reliability of the stuff your posting or the way that you post something in a way that creates a misleading impression?

I've never set out to mislead anyone, you think it's misleading because you WANT me to be some sort of fake. See where the error lies, when your questioning comes off as some sort of personal attack on myself, yes, it becomes a problem, that turns threds out, just look here at how you and the other people who want me to be a fake have ruined this thread all because I posted that there's no set time to go live tomorrow! It's pathetic!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nobody cares dude, just take it elsewhere start a new thread just for this if you want
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Nobody cares dude, just take it elsewhere start a new thread just for this if you want

So really anyone could post vague bullshit and people will lap it up because there is an abscence of other information. With no one allowed to question it. Cool.
    Forum Member
    Currently I've been told that Rockstar are stress testing the servers and are awaiting to go live tommorow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So really anyone could post vague bullshit and people will lap it up because there is an abscence of other information. With no one allowed to question it. Cool.

Last thing i'll try and post about this i don't want to be part of the continued derailing

You can question anything you want, but there is a time and a place, have you added anything to the discussion about the online portion of the game
    Forum Member
    Can we take this to PM? Plus, what you're accusing me of, is what I've been doing for over three years, again I ask you, what benefit is there for me to pretend for three years on a forum, unless I'm a psycho or something.
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Last thing i'll try and post about this i don't want to be part of the continued derailing

You can question anything you want, but there is a time and a place, have you added anything to the discussion about the online portion of the game

But if Ash statement have a questionable accuracy or creates a false impression about the content he is posting then that is important to discussing the online portion of the game because people are lead up the garden path with misleading BS.