Options

How do I stop sky pestering me?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
I left them back in May and they’ve been ringing me at least once a week trying to tempt me back ever since.

I told them there’s no way I’m coming back and to remove me from their calling lists yet they won’t give up.

I told the last fella I’ve replaced their box with a freesat one and thrown their box in the bin so hopefully they’ll leave me alone now :D

Has anyone else been hounded like this since leaving?

Comments

• Options
    xbob26xbob26 Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Login to MySky and set your contact preferences there so they don't contact you by phone.
    This is what I did when I left two years ago and they haven't phoned at all.

I did leave the by-post option and still occasionally get an offer through but Freesat and NowTV more that covers what I'm interested in and at a fraction of the price!
  • Options
    DigiRadioManDigiRadioMan Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    SHANK0055 wrote: »
    I left them back in May and they’ve been ringing me at least once a week trying to tempt me back ever since.

I told them there’s no way I’m coming back and to remove me from their calling lists yet they won’t give up.

I told the last fella I’ve replaced their box with a freesat one and thrown their box in the bin so hopefully they’ll leave me alone now :D

Yes for about a year, you can log into the Sky portal and say no marketing. But an Email to the exec office can stop it.

It comes in cycles, you will get the 33% off for 5 years emails and things through the door every other week.

Just tell them you are feed up with pawn star gold diggers forever going on a storage war ! They get the hint.

:)
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is, most people cancel in the hope of getting a call for a better deal, so they would be upsetting all these people if they didn't ring (plus they want you back to get extra revenue), as said above, you just need to log into your account and make sure it's set for no contact, then you can point this out next time they ring (if they do) and say you will report them.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Just login to mysky and change your number to something completely unrecognisable. Problem solved ;)
  • Options
    Breaking_NewsBreaking_News Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHANK0055 wrote: »

You could just take up one their amazing deals! 50% off for 12 months is available at the moment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    You could just take up one their amazing deals! 50% off for 12 months is available at the moment

no thanks, I have a freesat box and 6 months nowtv for £20

no need to pay for a subscription these days even at 50%

it's just not good value imo