Taylor Swift & Tom Hiddlestone WTF?

Comments

• Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or is this damaging his cred a bit?
  • TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or is this damaging his cred a bit?

A bit??
    :D:D:D
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    pad-e wrote: »
    Tayto? Is that what they're calling it now? Like the crisp brand? Ugh!

it's just one of many many portmanteaus travelling around the internet and really not an appropriate one. Tayto is way too classic and delicious a brand to associate with this pair of Triple Cheesy Wotsits.
  • amelia99amelia99 Posts: 5,626
    Forum Member
    MadBetty wrote: »
    This must be a thread for those aged under 21 - nobody else could possibly have the time or interest in....what's their names again? :confused:

Well I'm over 21 and my interest was sparked by what on earth 35 year old, oh so serious and sophisticated Actoor Tom Hiddlestone was doing hanging out with a teen pop idol and her "squad" at another teen popstar's concert attended by teens. And now I'm following the daily updates the odd couple have been kind enough to bestow upon us.

Perhaps to put it in an over 21 context for you, it would be like discovering Colin Firth going out with Scary Spice. Not of great moment in terms of world affairs I'll grant you but entertaining nonetheless.
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    I thought that was James Jordan (ex-Strictly) in the second photo :blush:

I think a lot of people *coughdevotedHiddlestonfanscough* would much prefer it WAS James Jordan so they didn't have to deal with the reality of Tom Hiddleston. ;-)
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's episode of 'TayTo in Love' is brought to you with a heart-warming dose of hand-kissing.

http://tswiftdaily.com/post/146595405391

Is this as bad as the leg-lift kiss she had with Harris? The leg-lift was a bit cack, like a throwback to 1950 romantic B-movies. This hand kiss would look natural and sweet on any given day if they had conducted their relationship behind doors and were just photographed on the off-chance and unaware.
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    amelia99 wrote: »
    Well I'm over 21 and my interest was sparked by what on earth 35 year old, oh so serious and sophisticated Actoor Tom Hiddlestone was doing hanging out with a teen pop idol and her "squad" at another teen popstar's concert attended by teens. And now I'm following the daily updates the odd couple have been kind enough to bestow upon us.

Perhaps to put it in an over 21 context for you, it would be like discovering Colin Firth going out with Scary Spice. Not of great moment in terms of world affairs I'll grant you but entertaining nonetheless.

Then I spose the publicity has worked!! Even if it is farcical /comical! They really don't seem to have that much in common, apart from both needing publicity! And both being tall, it cant be easy to find for Taylor to find guys taller than her? And this relationship seems to have gone from 0- 1000 incredibly quickly!

Earlier this year, Tom Hiddleston was everywhere, on every interview show etc....being charming. Maybe he decided to branch out a bit. Find a new way to change his image from second fiddle, like Loki, into leading man!

I am fascinated to know where this beach was in Suffolk? Apart from maybe Felixstowe, most Suffolk beaches aren't easy get to, they tend to be down tiny little lanes that take hours to reach. which does give them a lot of solitary charm, But what an amazing co incidence that the paps managed to find them there?
  • TanzieTanzie Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    Then I spose the publicity has worked!! Even if it is farcical /comical! They really don't seem to have that much in common, apart from both needing publicity! And both being tall, it cant be easy to find for Taylor to find guys taller than her? And this relationship seems to have gone from 0- 1000 incredibly quickly!

Earlier this year, Tom Hiddleston was everywhere, on every interview show etc....being charming. Maybe he decided to branch out a bit. Find a new way to change his image from second fiddle, like Loki, into leading man!

I am fascinated to know where this beach was in Suffolk? Apart from maybe Felixstowe, most Suffolk beaches aren't easy get to, they tend to be down tiny little lanes that take hours to reach. which does give them a lot of solitary charm, But what an amazing co incidence that the paps managed to find them there?

Coincidence my backside.
    Doesn't she have a crack team of SAS trained bodyguards ready to fling themselves in front of her if anyone gets too close? And they didn't notice a hoard of photographers lurching towards the oblivious lovebirds. Paps don't hang around on random beaches on the off chance. They were there because they were told to be.

I have to say that I'm miles and miles over 21. And I find this whole showmance ridiculously entertaining. We are just giving them the attention they crave and the contempt they deserve.
    What else are we meant to be talking about on a Showbiz forum?
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being this sort of celebrity sounds exhausting. I wanted to act when I was a kid, but fame put me off. I don't know how they handle it and I can't imagine having such a fake life. It sounds so tedious.

Of course, this relationship could be real and we could all sound like conspiracy driven nutters :o I think I'll take the risk :p
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of blind items i digged up. I wonder who these could possibly be about?
    With all the publicity in this relationship it is easy to forget that this foreign born A-list mostly movie actor does enjoy the company of men. Preferable to women actually. Until a few weeks ago he was enjoying a relationship with his male publicist.
    Yesterday I told you about that foreign born A-list mostly movie actor who is dating a very famous female celebrity but also was until recently dating his male publicist. Well, it turns out that they may have been more than dating. They may have actually got married. That would make the celebrity a home wrecker. Ruh roh.

You can thank me later.

Both are getting something from this fake contract-based r'ship. TH probably hates it now that he knows what it fully involves. Swift is more manipulative than i realised. I feel sorry for TH more as i don't think he knew the full extent of what it involved, he does now!!! All you have to do is see his face in the staged photos to realise he knows he's f*cked up!

This will be played out for the next couple of months.

Expect Swoki at Wimbledon next. Guaranteed!
  • BodyElectricBodyElectric Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Being this sort of celebrity sounds exhausting. I wanted to act when I was a kid, but fame put me off. I don't know how they handle it and I can't imagine having such a fake life. It sounds so tedious.

Of course, this relationship could be real and we could all sound like conspiracy driven nutters :o I think I'll take the risk :p

I totally agree. I can't see how it can be an enjoyable existence of any sort. Still utterly gobsmacked at Hiddleston for going down this route. Even if the romance is real, the level of famewhoring from someone who had never indulged in it before is insane.
  • San Fran SaraSan Fran Sara Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but as gay female this just screams setup to me, Swift is very obviously gay but I don't get why a once intelligent attractive man would lower his standards into the sewer just to be a beard for her.
    Forum Member
    How is TS "very obviously gay?" I'm not trying to start an argument by the way, I'm just interested in how you're so sure.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is TS "very obviously gay?" I'm not trying to start an argument by the way, I'm just interested in how you're so sure.

If your a celeb, you're gay. It's kind of a DS rule :D
    Forum Member
    Resonance wrote: »
    If your a celeb, you're gay. It's kind of a DS rule :D

Lol. 😄.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    A couple of blind items i digged up. I wonder who these could possibly be about?

You can thank me later.

Both are getting something from this fake contract-based r'ship. TH probably hates it now that he knows what it fully involves. Swift is more manipulative than i realised. I feel sorry for TH more as i don't think he knew the full extent of what it involved, he does now!!! All you have to do is see his face in the staged photos to realise he knows he's f*cked up!

This will be played out for the next couple of months.

Expect Swoki at Wimbledon next. Guaranteed!

Let's not feel sorry for him. He's a grown man who makes his own choices and isn't some ingenue who is being laid astray by a "femme fatale" like Taylor Swift.

He hasn't exactly been shying away from publicity himself recently, what with his desperate grovelling to be the next James Bond.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised when I first saw this story, one because I thought tom hiddleston seemed like a smooth customer, and two because Taylor Swift just split up with someone in a very public way, so would it be great press to be seeing someone else the very second after this? the world we live in, i guess her fans find it impressive?

what makes me laugh about these celeb relationships is can they seriously not find a non celeb to be with, out of the hundreds and millions of people out there, they somehow end up "choosing" to be with the current hot property. That's why i never believe these celeb stories. Most famous people in strong relationships are with non famous people, if this isnt the case then they come across as a weird couple, like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jollops. I guess there might be a few out there but I cant think of many?

How hiddleson can see this press as good baffles me completely, if its exposure he wants why not do this though his talent, why take this sad pathetic short cut? It just doesn't make sense unless he does actually have feelings for her?

Swift just looks desperate to be in the press so picks up any current hot property guy she can, it just comes across really pathetic. she clearly courts the publicity so you cant really sympathise, if it was real there must be other ways of dealing with this relationship other than the contrived hand holding pics. It really is funny, someone needs to do a parody of how these celebs act. it there is anything like that I missed let me know!

Now Calvin Harris, who knows if that wasnt a load of rubbish as well, he should just not even say a word, not a even a tweet. the press have really done a job on the man and made him look bitter and pathetic but its his own fault for allowing himself to get sucked into an embarrassing situation with an attention addict like Swift. The daily mail would have you believe he just hired a yacht loaded with beautiful women but he didnt help by providing a picture of him surrounded by these girls, take that Taylor! it really is pathetic how the press and celebs act these days. they are quickly exposed for the pathetic people they are, to those with half a brain cell anyway, I'm sure the gullible kids and fame worshippers lap it up.

fame these days and how celebs handle it is fascinating, you can really see the classy people for the not so classy pretty easily. Look at people like Hugh Jackman and Matt Damon, you wouldn't see them behaving like that along with countless others

phew, rant over
  • Ronald_DixonRonald_Dixon Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I posted this earlier, it's a great breakdown of the Calvin days...

http://kaylornation.tumblr.com/post/123071499242/tayvn-the-pr-stunt-masterpost

ritch wrote: »
    I was surprised when I first saw this story, one because I thought tom hiddleston seemed like a smooth customer, and two because Taylor Swift just split up with someone in a very public way, so would it be great press to be seeing someone else the very second after this? the world we live in, i guess her fans find it impressive?

what makes me laugh about these celeb relationships is can they seriously not find a non celeb to be with, out of the hundreds and millions of people out there, they somehow end up "choosing" to be with the current hot property. That's why i never believe these celeb stories. Most famous people in strong relationships are with non famous people, if this isnt the case then they come across as a weird couple, like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jollops. I guess there might be a few out there but I cant think of many?

How hiddleson can see this press as good baffles me completely, if its exposure he wants why not do this though his talent, why take this sad pathetic short cut? It just doesn't make sense unless he does actually have feelings for her?

Swift just looks desperate to be in the press so picks up any current hot property guy she can, it just comes across really pathetic. she clearly courts the publicity so you cant really sympathise, if it was real there must be other ways of dealing with this relationship other than the contrived hand holding pics. It really is funny, someone needs to do a parody of how these celebs act. it there is anything like that I missed let me know!

Now Calvin Harris, who knows if that wasnt a load of rubbish as well, he should just not even say a word, not a even a tweet. the press have really done a job on the man and made him look bitter and pathetic but its his own fault for allowing himself to get sucked into an embarrassing situation with an attention addict like Swift. The daily mail would have you believe he just hired a yacht loaded with beautiful women but he didnt help by providing a picture of him surrounded by these girls, take that Taylor! it really is pathetic how the press and celebs act these days. they are quickly exposed for the pathetic people they are, to those with half a brain cell anyway, I'm sure the gullible kids and fame worshippers lap it up.

fame these days and how celebs handle it is fascinating, you can really see the classy people for the not so classy pretty easily. Look at people like Hugh Jackman and Matt Damon, you wouldn't see them behaving like that along with countless others

phew, rant over
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To begin with, he hired the services of the best in the bearding industry :p
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    To begin with, he hired the services of the best in the bearding industry :p

I think you misread my post. I never mentioned TH. I asked how is TS (Taylor Swift) "very obviously gay"in response to a poster who made that statement. I'm not saying she isn't. Was just wondering how the poster was so sure.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you misread my post. I never mentioned TH. I asked how is TS (Taylor Swift) "very obviously gay"in response to a poster who made that statement. I'm not saying she isn't. Was just wondering how the poster was so sure.

Apparently everyone famous is closeted according to Ds :D
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently everyone famous is closeted according to Ds :D

I suspect that it is way that some people deal with their insecurities by accusing everyone else of being homosexual.

It's amusing to read here the conclusions and theories that people come up from stuff in showbiz gossip magazines/websites and tabloids (all of which feed on each other in fabricating more and more unbelievable bits of gossip).
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not sure which is more cringey - TS' fauxmances, or someone going to that much trouble to analyse and write an article of that length on it!!
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    I suspect that it is way that some people deal with their insecurities by accusing everyone else of being homosexual.

It's amusing to read here the conclusions and theories that people come up from stuff in showbiz gossip magazines/websites and tabloids (all of which feed on each other in fabricating more and more unbelievable bits of gossip).

I've no idea whether TS and/or TH are gay. All I know is that TH is making himself look a bit of a tit with the constant "pap" pic chronicle of his and TS's relationship be it real or fake. Sure it's getting him noticed but is being generally laughed at the kind of notice he enjoys?
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, I read all of that. Just amazes me really, I guess some would debunk it but it sounds perfectly plausible and convincing to me. what a waste of life, for the sake of what, 24/7 publicity and attention, what is your mental state in when you need that? Edit - I guess the promotional aspect is a major motivator, but is it worth the embarrassment, and do the "hot£ celebs even need it as a promotion tool?

Even being involved in something like that must be a huge embarrassment, I didn't read too much about her relationship with Harris as he doesn't interest me at all, he is just a vain tool in my eyes. But Hiddleston being involved with her peaked my interest, I just don't get it and he must be pretty embarrassed by now surely? everyone and their aunt says its fake, he even wheeled his poor mum out. someone should make a film or documentary about these show romances and expose how embarrassing these people are.