Duff!!! on stage with Gn'R last night

JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Could not believe it!!!

Band start You Could Be Mine and there's an additional guy on stage - he's tall, he's blonde - but we weren't sure......

Then everyone realised it's Duff!!! First time in nearly 20 years!! It was awesome. Crowd went mad - so did I!

I'm so glad I couldn't get tickets for 13th and had to go on the 14th

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted coz I went the night before! - Was still a great show though, and Sebastian Bach as support was on top form also.

Links for Duff videos (You Could Be Mine) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCwmralOA1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjzbh3RHTw
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing!:D
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that they had Lenny Kravitz as guest on 13th, when my friend told me I was gutted that I'd missed him - but it didn't turn out so bad :)

I'm trying to put up a link to some photos but I'm not very good at this type of thing!!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/estuarybird/GunsNRoses14102010?feat=directlink

think this should work!! I'm not much of a photographer but if you'd like a look, you're welcome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2067663&id=1233711503&l=0de97e3480

This is better - but I can't remove the other one now - I'll get the hang of this one day!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just looked at your first link, Jess - they look fine. Great pics actually! Hope you all had a good time, gutted I missed it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loubogroll wrote: »
    I just looked at your first link, Jess - they look fine. Great pics actually! Hope you all had a good time, gutted I missed it!

Thank you for your kindness!! It's hard to focus when you're jumping about like a loon :o

and thanks for the youtube link ns.macd - it was nearly as good as being there again :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Axl and Duff were staying on the same floor of the same hotel and had no idea !! :D:D:D:D -I would love to have been a fly on the wall when they first laid eyes on each other .

How amazing is this though ? I have no idea how long Duff is in the UK for but maybe he will do one or two more guest appearances? ,I would have sold everything I own to have been there :D:( .
  • ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is bloody awesome to watch,he has been joined by izzy also and i believe axl and adler are friends all we need is him to bite his tongue and speak to slash.

Then axl can get rid of this backing group and bring back together the old gunners :D

Yeah i know it wont happen :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adler is in England at the moment with his band I believe as well -so 3/5 of the orginal Gun's are in England at the same time but I really really can't see that Axl would invite Adler to do a guest spot but I guess stranger things have happened...........
  • ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah agree but it would be bloody awesome Adler peforms gunners songs with his group so he wouldnt have any probs.

Maybe if he tried to play Civil war thats another thing :p
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    You are so lucky to have been there!

Sadly, I can't see Axl and Slash on stage together again. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    uggla wrote: »
    Yeah agree but it would be bloody awesome Adler peforms gunners songs with his group so he wouldnt have any probs.

Maybe if he tried to play Civil war thats another thing :p

I don't think Axl trusts him to stay sober which is a shame as he appears to be in the best shape he has been in for about 25 years
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    You are so lucky to have been there!

Sadly, I can't see Axl and Slash on stage together again. :(

Hell will freeze over before that happens .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BluseyLou wrote: »
    I don't think Axl trusts him to stay sober which is a shame as he appears to be in the best shape he has been in for about 25 years

Hell will freeze over before that happens .

I think you're right on both points BluseyLou - we can dream but it ain't gonna happen!

I'd give an awful lot though to see Axl, Izzy, Duff, Frank on drums, Dizzy on keyboards and DjAshba on guitar. I guess some would argue with which one of the current 3 guitarists to choose - personally I just thought Ashba 'fitted' better. If that ever happens I'll get a ticket somehow - even if it's not in the UK!

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    I think you're right on both points BluseyLou - we can dream but it ain't gonna happen!

I'd give an awful lot though to see Axl, Izzy, Duff, Frank on drums, Dizzy on keyboards and DjAshba on guitar. I guess some would argue with which one of the current 3 guitarists to choose - personally I just thought Ashba 'fitted' better. If that ever happens I'll get a ticket somehow - even if it's not in the UK!

:D

I am not familiar with the new lineup I am more interested in retro GN'R TBH :o ,I did though see new GN'R in 2006 just to see Axl and guess who turned up as a guest ? Izzy!! I was over the moon as he has always been my favorite I love that guy .

I would love to see the 85- 90 lineup play together one last time as for me they are GN'R these new folks as good as they are will never be the real GN'R for me, but as a reunion will never happen I am happy with what we currently have :) .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not familiar with the new lineup I am more interested in retro GN'R TBH :o ,I did though see new GN'R in 2006 just to see Axl and guess who turned up as a guest ? Izzy!! I was over the moon as he has always been my favorite I love that guy .

I would love to see the 85- 90 lineup play together one last time as for me they are GN'R these new folks as good as they are will never be the real GN'R for me, but as a reunion will never happen I am happy with what we currently have :) .

Well, I wouldn't argue with that! I must admit that I don't know much about new Gn'R - although I don't dislike Chinese Democracy as much as some people!

I actually dithered about whether to go or not, which is how I ended up there on 14th instead of 13th!, because I saw them a few times in the 80's and wasn't sure if I wanted to see the new lot or not. In the end curiosity got the better of me.....

They're not half bad - I'd definitely go again. I did think that 3 guitarists was one too many, but all in all it was pretty wild and all that rubbish about Axl having 'lost it' really is rubbish! He's still a great front man, screaming out the vocals, throwing mike stands, running and doing his little Axl dance :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I wouldn't argue with that! I must admit that I don't know much about new Gn'R - although I don't dislike Chinese Democracy as much as some people!

I actually dithered about whether to go or not, which is how I ended up there on 14th instead of 13th!, because I saw them a few times in the 80's and wasn't sure if I wanted to see the new lot or not. In the end curiosity got the better of me.....

They're not half bad - I'd definitely go again. I did think that 3 guitarists was one too many, but all in all it was pretty wild and all that rubbish about Axl having 'lost it' really is rubbish! He's still a great front man, screaming out the vocals, throwing mike stands, running and doing his little Axl dance :D.

OH you are so lucky!! that is when they were at their best -I was just a baby in the 80's so couldn't see them first hand then :(.

I would have loved to have seen GN'R this time around just again to see Axl as he is still the man,I even contemplated going on my own as I have nobody to go with anymore.
    I went with my then BF in 2006 and the couple of times I saw Velvet Revolver .
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw them in Belfast in August and they were phenomenal, and that was with a setlist about 4-5 songs shorter than what they're playing at the moment. Axl hasn't lost one bit of that charisma - call him what you want, but he's one of the finest entertainers rock music has ever had.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH you are so lucky!! that is when they were at their best -I was just a baby in the 80's so couldn't see them first hand then :(.

I would have loved to have seen GN'R this time around just again to see Axl as he is still the man,I even contemplated going on my own as I have nobody to go with anymore.
    I went with my then BF in 2006 and the couple of times I saw Velvet Revolver .

If they ever come again and you can get to London make sure and PM me!! I went with my OH but he's Jamaican and Rock isn't exactly his thing - he sat down the whole time, kept putting his hands over his ears and is still looking a bit shell-shocked!! He says they were 'OK' but...............he couldn't hear the words!! Bless him, he did try.

There was a huge age range and all sorts, from the torn jeans and gn'r t shirt brigade to people who'd come straight from work still wearing the suit and carrying the briefcase. I was sat next to some Germans, Japanese behind, Polish in front - it was great to see such an amazing mix of people. That's what I like about rock concerts - I don't feel old because half the people there are my age or older!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they ever come again and you can get to London make sure and PM me!! I went with my OH but he's Jamaican and Rock isn't exactly his thing - he sat down the whole time, kept putting his hands over his ears and is still looking a bit shell-shocked!! He says they were 'OK' but...............he couldn't hear the words!! Bless him, he did try.There was a huge age range and all sorts, from the torn jeans and gn'r t shirt brigade to people who'd come straight from work still wearing the suit and carrying the briefcase. I was sat next to some Germans, Japanese behind, Polish in front - it was great to see such an amazing mix of people. That's what I like about rock concerts - I don't feel old because half the people there are my age or older!

Thankyou :) I am lucky that I actually live in London and get about on the underground when I am not using my car -I believe they may be coming here somtime in 2011 but I am not 100% sure .

I totally agree with you about the concerts though you get a mixture of everybody there and that is why the shows are always so great .