Whats everyone doing for New years eve?

rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
Forum Member
✭✭
I would say its possibly one of the worst nights of the year to be alone!.. So off to a house party myself!.. Whats everyone else doing?

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    I would say its possibly one of the worst nights of the year to be alone!.. So off to a house party myself!.. Whats everyone else doing?

It's just another night really. If anyone is alone I suggest they go to bed at 10pm and get a good night of sleep and wake up fresh for 2011 instead of hung over and feeling sick.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Staying in this year with a bottle of whisky and a few cans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to the pub - I'm not really a big fan of NYE. I always get a little blue during these last few days and the opening of 2011 is going to be stressful for me. I don't know why I tend to get a bit down, but I just do.

I'd actually rather stay in and watch the telly tomorrow night but I feel bad for letting my friend down if I do, and she's had a rubbish time of late and is really excited for tomorrow.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Staying in this year with a bottle of whisky and a few cans.

What, a 70 cl bottle?!? I'm pretty sure that way be alcohol poisoning me lad!
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was meant to be going to a New Year's party but it is off due to the hosts having the Flu, so it looks like i be indoor and not sure what i will do now:(
  • TPLTPL Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bed for the first time in a few years.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TPL wrote: »
    Bed for the first time in a few years.

You must be exhausted :eek:

:p
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What, a 70 cl bottle?!? I'm pretty sure that way be alcohol poisoning me lad!

Yeah, a bottle of Bowmore 15yo. Not going to be drinking it all though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to a house party because I can take my dog. I feel really bad if I leave him in by himself for the bells.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be staying in the house. The pubs and night clubs will be making a fortune as usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    staying in for me too..getting a few DVD's :D
  • larry58larry58 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Aboslutely nothing. Will be staying in its just a load of hype:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been dreading this NYE because my hubby is working til 9 tomorrow night and was due back at work 7.30 saturday morning so it would have been me and my 2 sons celebrating quietly and soberly.
    Thankfully hubby came home from work today and told me he's got saturday off so we can get very drunk and be very loud :D

Will really miss my faily back in Wales though :(
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a meal with family and we have booked a taxi for 12.30pm to come home:D
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    larry58 wrote: »
    Aboslutely nothing. Will be staying in its just a load of hype:D

I agree!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I might stay in and start yet another thread on this subject...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Having a meal with family and we have booked a taxi for 12.30pm to come home:D

is that at dinner time, or later on at night :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12.30pm? Bit early to have finished your lunch...
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to see Big Country at the ABC Glasgow, with Mike Peters on vocals, with support band: The Law

Only wish it was at the Barrowlands, a proper hogmany, going through the bells
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    First New Years not with my family- I'm going to a pub all the way in Derby for some gig. Not sure I wanna go but I'm taking the plunge.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staying in the house. Me and my wife are going to get drunk at least I don't have far to fall on to the settee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to Manchester, where I plan to consume my own body weight in vodka and hopefully pick up 2-3 (or 4-5, hell more will be fine :D ) hot young guys for a little private party in my hotel room.

Wanted to go to OZ again but i've got a family wedding in London on the 2nd. Nothing beats dancing on a warm beach until the sun comes up in surfers paradise :)
  • The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hootenanny! :D:D
  • parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddles, mistletoe and me destroying him at guitar hero with a very good friend of mine :) I can't wait.
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm working New Years Day, so I'll be having an early night.