Will Sky 1 EVER show the new series of Futurama?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
The new Futurama started in the US almost a year ago, and they are even available on region 1 DVD, but here there is absolutely no sign of it starting up again.

Does anyone know if it's coming back soon in the UK?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Either they will when Season 6B finishes (The episodes airing in the US this summer) or, they're not interested in airing them, and they're just using the show as filler until the rights expire.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Paradox295 wrote: »
    Either they will when Season 6B finishes (The episodes airing in the US this summer) or, they're not interested in airing them, and they're just using the show as filler until the rights expire.

They showed the TV movies after they aired in the US, so I'm not sure why they haven't aired the new eps (unless, as the
    OP put it, they need to wait for the end of 6B).
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Theres no way no UK channel has bought the rights to this show. Therefore I go for the waiting theory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    TYCO wrote: »
    Theres no way no UK channel has bought the rights to this show. Therefore I go for the waiting theory.

Well, maybe they are dropping it in favour of new shows like what they did with Malcolm in the Middle.
    Malcolm was picked up by 5* straight after Sky1 dropped it, so if they do, another channel will be there to pick Futurama up and show the new seasons.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paradox295 wrote: »
    Malcolm was picked up by 5* straight after Sky1 dropped it, so if they do, another channel will be there to pick Futurama up and show the new seasons.

Sky showed all of Malcolm though. It's one thing to drop it once its finished, I'd be shocked if Sky never showed the new episodes.