Options

THE most scariest film EVER?

Comments

• Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Starting my horror season after reading this thread of films that I'm yet to watch posted on here :)

First off - Insidious

Netflix ftw :cool:
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting my horror season after reading this thread of films that I'm yet to watch posted on here :)

First off - Insidious

Netflix ftw :cool:

Haha, I've had the same approach to you. Within the last 2 weeks i've got around Blair Witch Project 1 & 2, Paranormal Activty 2 & 3, Grave Encounters, REC 2.

Honestly If you have not seen Grave Encounters, put it on your list, it's a must see :D and watch it alone, in the dark, at around 5am, with headphones in ;)
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel a bit like the odd one out re The Blair Witch. I didn't find it scary at all, in fact I think it was overhyped. The only bit that creeped me out slightly was when they're in the tent and it sounds like kids are outside and then it starts shaking. Other than that bit I was let down by it.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most scared I've ever been when watching a film was when watching the original 'Psycho' when the detective is walking up the stairs and then ...aaargh ! Also the shower scene of course. It's the going against our expectations that does it !
    Scariest image - in the silent film 'Nosferatu', when he's going upstairs.
    'Straw Dogs', before the locals get really, difficult - and they are just lurking around apparently normally but are clearly, dangerous. When people go past the point of keeping safe by trusting their instincts and avoiding the obvious potential for disaster, it makes me more nervous than seeing loads of death and gore. :eek:
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I don't think it's been mentioned yet, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. The soundtrack gave me nightmares a few weeks back.

(You need to have seen at least the 1st season of the show though, otherwise it won't make any sense at all.)
  • Options
    TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brokeback Mountain
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know if this has been mentioned....the strangers with Liv Tyler. I was so scared i had to turn it off and watch it the next day in daylight!
  • Options
    BorderReiverBorderReiver Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're all in the kids league.

The correct answer is "Threads" and those who have seen it will know why.
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    You're all in the kids league.

The correct answer is "Threads" and those who have seen it will know why.

I have Threads on DVD..more disturbing than scary..might even watch it again soon..havent seen it for a while.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    As I don't think it's been mentioned yet, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. The soundtrack gave me nightmares a few weeks back.

(You need to have seen at least the 1st season of the show though, otherwise it won't make any sense at all.)

It always surprises me that nobody ever mentions 'Twin Peaks' when talking about scariest moments in film/TV, it's always one of the first things that pops up in my mind. Bob has to be one of the creepiest fictional characters ever created.
  • Options
    ralpharooneyralpharooney Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    The Entity, i watched it for the 1st time when i was about 14 scared the crap out of me still find it disturbing now 20 yrs on
  • Options
    ralpharooneyralpharooney Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    The Fog 1979 .......paticually scary watching this film on a misty foggy night ...and if theres a knock on the door dont answer it ! :eek:
    I agree!
  • Options
    TOSSerrTOSSerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Threads

Closely followed by

Blair witch

The Haunting

Halloween
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    embryo wrote: »
    It always surprises me that nobody ever mentions 'Twin Peaks' when talking about scariest moments in film/TV, it's always one of the first things that pops up in my mind. Bob has to be one of the creepiest fictional characters ever created.

Brilliant series..absolutely brilliant. . He was, scary but I'd guessed early on, who he was. Drat.
    I was scared by Glenn Close, in 'Fatal Attraction'. Initially, I could understand, that she was well cheesed off but then the character went so bonkers I could hardly look at the screen when she was on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I'm hardcore when it comes to scaring. Even when I try to imagine myself in those situations in Horrors. There have been a select few which have made me jump once or twice though.

Well done to Grave Encounters and The Entity.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    embryo wrote: »

The Edinburgh Filmhouse is doing a season of Lynch movies next month and I'm gonna see FWWM in a fairly large cinema, despite the fact I'm certain doing so will give me nightmares.

Maybe I'm a sadist. :D
  • Options
    TedBovisTedBovis Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    The original "Nightmare on Elm Street" was a really scary film when it first came out. Unfortunately, all the crap sequels and "Freddie vs Jason" nonsense has dulled its effect over the years.
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the devil inside looks pretty scary (google the devil inside red band trailer)
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    I remember when I was around 10, I watched this movie on tv called 'Alien Abduction - The McPherson Tape' and it scared the hell out of me! I did actually believe it was a real found footage, and one night I saw what appeared to be a flashing light in the sky and believed it was a UFO. Now i'm old enought to know better :p

yep, had to sleep with lights on and check behind doors at night.

i will watch it now but not at night on my own.

Paranormal 3 is scary, having 2 daughters and watching that film is haunting.
  • Options
    Aurora04Aurora04 Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I have seen most of these movies.

ones that stand out are:

Wolf Creek
    Insidious
    Paranormal Activity.

One that hasn't been mentioned which I found very disturbing rather than scary was

The Vanishing (original version)
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black Christmas ('74 original)
  • Options
    JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think its typically scary but the atmosphere created in Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) really scares me, the music and darkness, the outside getting in, its all just creepy!
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,272
    Forum Member
    Black Christmas ('74 original)

That's a good choice.

The remake is just sacrilege.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolf Creek
    Eden Lake
  • Options
    TOSSerrTOSSerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Wolf Creek
    Eden Lake

I was going to pop back on here and add Eden Lake. That's a truly disturbing film. Left a bad taste in my mouth for sure.

Not sure what I think about Wolf Creek. I like the premise but John Jarretts character seems a bit OTT at times. Nice looking film though.