Options

Jamies dad speaks out

Comments

• Options
    Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaceylacey wrote: »
    Yes hard to believe this vile murder was commited by children. They were obviously unhinged and should have stayed inside.

True.
    What children take, torture and beat a child? They really were exceptional weren't they?they should not have been released when they were.
    8 years is an insult.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Not one person on here has said that. Are people really that stupid that they cannot see that if someone tries to see both sides they are caring more about the murderers than the victim?

Nobody has even come close to saying that ......................I'm quite sure every single poster on here was shocked at the horrific murder of little James and felt every sympathy for his family.

Just because some posters disagree with the lock em up and throw away the key reaction doesn't automatically mean they care more about the murderer than the victim.

Unfortunately, that is what any discussion regarding this type of issue inevitably descends into. Anybody who doesn't toe the party line and has the audacity to transcend the usual trite, belligerent calls of "string 'em up!" are accused of sympathising with or justifying the actions of the criminals and having a lack of compassion for the victims' families.

It is a particularly ignorant and indignant pattern of behaviour that often crops up when people have the insight and awareness to look beyond black and white and see that shades of grey exist in any and all situations, no matter how powerful a knee-jerk reaction they may solicit - usually as the last resort of those who have been out-reasoned and have nothing else left in their arsenal other than to begin slinging dirty accusations and crude insinuations to belittle somebody for daring to think rationally about the practicalities and reality of a situation.

Daring to think beyond the usual "throw away the key!" school of thought and assessing things from a rational and informed point of view inevitably turns into 'justifying the murder of a child and supporting two evil child killers and what they did'; whilst daring to question or doubt some of the actions of the victims' family members becomes ;viciously and personally attacking a bereaved mother who has only ever wanted justice"""'. It's a particularly puerile and shallow way to look at things, and is usually accompanied by accusations of disrespect or arrogance from those who are actually displaying the most disrespect and arrogance in their refusal to treat a dignified argument with respect because they do not agree with it.
  • Options
    julie88julie88 Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one has abused Denise Fergus. Some of us have criticised her behaviour in the media which we are perfectly entitled to as she has made herself a public figure. She can't expect everyone to agree with her.
  • Options
    AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    This myth you people are peddling that anyone who is more concerned for the victim of the crime and appalled at the total lack of justice is somehow intellectually inferior is just a pathetic and rather desperate way of trying to defend the indefensible.

Well to be fair it's probably based on the mild hysteria that appears to replace a coherent argument for some posters in this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly.
    What a load of tripe:rolleyes:
  • Options
    julie88julie88 Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes hard to believe this vile murder was commited by children. They were obviously unhinged and should have stayed inside.

It's impossible to have a sensible discussion with you if you insist on responding with these types of silly posts.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    Honestly.
    What a load of tripe:rolleyes:

What a well reasoned response.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    felixrex wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that is what any discussion regarding this type of issue inevitably descends into. Anybody who doesn't toe the party line and has the audacity to transcend the usual trite, belligerent calls of "string 'em up!" are accused of sympathising with or justifying the actions of the criminals and having a lack of compassion for the victims' families.

It is a particularly ignorant and indignant pattern of behaviour that often crops up when people have the insight and awareness to look beyond black and white and see that shades of grey exist in any and all situations, no matter how powerful a knee-jerk reaction they may solicit - usually as the last resort of those who have been out-reasoned and have nothing else left in their arsenal other than to begin slinging dirty accusations and crude insinuations to belittle somebody for daring to think rationally about the practicalities and reality of a situation.

Daring to think beyond the usual "throw away the key!" school of thought and assessing things from a rational and informed point of view inevitably turns into 'justifying the murder of a child and supporting two evil child killers and what they did'; whilst daring to question or doubt some of the actions of the victims' family members becomes ;viciously and personally attacking a bereaved mother who has only ever wanted justice"""'. It's a particularly puerile and shallow way to look at things, and is usually accompanied by accusations of disrespect or arrogance from those who are actually displaying the most disrespect and arrogance in their refusal to treat a dignified argument with respect because they do not agree with it.

A perfect example of the breathtaking arrogance that usually accompanies the total disregard for the victim in this case.

Play at being a child psychologist and intellectual all you like my friend, but I assure you that you are neither.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mild criticism? Whatever you say.

This myth you people are peddling that anyone who is more concerned for the victim of the crime and appalled at the total lack of justice is somehow intellectually inferior is just a pathetic and rather desperate way of trying to defend the indefensible.

My concern is for James Bulger and his family. It starts and ends there.

Have you noticed in their mode of condescension they start to insult posters that don't tow the line with their views.
    Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a well reasoned response.

The only one that fits.
  • Options
    AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A perfect example of the breathtaking arrogance that usually accompanies the total disregard for the victim in this case.

Play at being a child psychologist and intellectual all you like my friend, but I assure you that you are neither.

No, it's a perfect example of a coherent argument - as opposed to a hysterical rant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [TQUOTE=AnnaliseZ;64201506]No, it's a perfect example of a coherent argument - as opposed to a hysterical rant.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought it was not only arrogant and patronising but hypocritical in the extreme.
    Accusing posters of hysteria, who don't agree with you is becoming a glaring pattern, isn't it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    Well to be fair it's probably based on the mild hysteria that appears to replace a coherent argument for some posters in this thread.

No, you're absolutely right.

Why would anyone have reason to be appalled by the torture and murder of a 2-year-old and the 8 year "sentence" handed down to his killers?

I'm sure you'd be perfectly happy with that situation if you were Denise Fergus. You know, what with you being so rational and intelligent etc.

How dare she or anyone else be emotionally upset and angered by this situation?
  • Options
    jaceylaceyjaceylacey Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    julie88 wrote: »
    It's impossible to have a sensible discussion with you if you insist on responding with these types of silly posts.

What is silly about that. Any child who could have done something so disgusting must be unhinged...and should have been locked up for much much longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also who is hysterical??

As far as I am aware we are just discussing a pair of murderers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    No, it's a perfect example of a coherent argument - as opposed to a hysterical rant.

No, it's someone claiming, in a very longwinded way, that those who share his views are of greater intelligence than people whose opinions are the polar opposite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also who is hysterical??

As far as I am aware we are just discussing a pair of murderers.

No we are hysterical, not to mention irrational and unintelligent because we choose not to agree.
    Its getting a bit repetetive don't you think?
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member

Get over yourself and learn to have a discussion rather than resorting to accusing people of things they have not done. Until you can do that, it might be best to avoid adult discussions, since you obviously can approach one rationally.

Denise Fergus has all the regard and compassion in the world from me. That doesn't mean I must resort to levelling childish insinuations towards anybody who dares to question any of her actions, or those of her advisers, or the media, who have exploited her endlessly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No we are hysterical, not to mention irrational and unintelligent because we choose not to agree.

Yes just a tad :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's someone claiming, in a very longwinded way, that those who share his views are of greater intelligence than people whose opinions are the polar opposite.

:D......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get over yourself and learn to have a discussion rather than resorting to accusing people of things they have not done. Until you can do that, it might be best to avoid adult discussions, since you obviously can approach one rationally.

Denise Fergus has all the regard and compassion in the world from me. That doesn't mean I must resort to levelling childish insinuations towards anybody who dares to question any of her actions, or those of her advisers, or the media, who have exploited her endlessly.

No, he's discussing it just fine actually.
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What long winded drivel. A paragraph would have done.:rolleyes: The hypocrisy knows no bounds.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    evie71 wrote: »
    What long winded drivel. A paragraph would have done.:rolleyes: The hypocrisy knows no bounds.

How is it hypocritical?
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep! I almost lost the will too after reading that......:D
  • Options
    BrambleRambleBrambleRamble Posts: 142
    Forum Member

You're the repetitive one dear, nearly every post you can't coherently argue gets the response "come off it" or "you make me laugh" or "what rubbish".

As I said, (repeating myself I suppose). I'll just tell my boss he doesn't need all these degrees cos old Ada'll sort it, she knows all.